Xenoverse 2 roaster disappointment ?

For everyone who doesn't know the whole character roaster was leaked and confirmed to be true and it's bad. They have evil characters taking there own slot up not like xenoverse 1. There's maybe only like 15 new characters for a whole new game? Which is stupid. I will be happy because I never got the seasons pass so I'll get quite a bit new characters : ) it's funny how they said we are not focusing on movie characters and that's kinda exclusively what they added to the game lol. No one wants Zarbon or dadoria come on dimps that's just stupid. Android 16 was a cool add but idk man. Gameplay was improved a lot so I guess that's a good thing tho I never played compitively so it never bothered me.

Wanna know the whole roaster look up swagkage video. But prepare to feel disapointed

Weren't Dodoria, Zarbon, and 16 in the majority of the Budokai and Tenkaichi games? I haven't really played one since then, but wouldn't it seem more strange to not have a character that was in a previous game?

No DBZ game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has come close to matching its roster. It's quite sad, really. A PS2 game has the largest fighting roster? Next gen was seriously a disappointment with this series.

• Like 2

I think the XV2 roster is a bit disappointing. It's strange that the game has all GT main villains as playable character except Baby Vegeta . It's also missing Dabura, Android 19, 20, Majin Buu (Gotenks, Piccolo & Ultimate Gohan absorbed), as well. Since the game is more focused on movie villains, it's missing Android 13, 14, 15 , Super 13, Bojack, SSJ Broly and Garlic Jr. Also this would've been perfect opportunity to add Super Mira. I guess they wanted to save these characters (+Super characters) for DLC packs... -.-

I don't care at all since I only play as the character you make. I don't want to sift thru all the loser movie characters trying to get to a partner I actually want to bring.

Oh no! No Bojack! No Trucker 13! No Garlic Jr aka worst movie and filler arc ever made! Time to declare the game the worst DBZ game ever made because it left out movie characters no one should like!

And what is with people and obsessing about the minor forms Buu has? Who really wants "Piccolo-absorbed Buu"? He's in the manga for 2-3 panels and the anime for like 30 seconds. That's the very definition of "wasted space".

• Like 2

I don't care at all since I only play as the character you make. I don't want to sift thru all the loser movie characters trying to get to a partner I actually want to bring.

Oh no! No Bojack! No Trucker 13! No Garlic Jr aka worst movie and filler arc ever made! Time to declare the game the worst DBZ game ever made because it left out movie characters no one should like!

And what is with people and obsessing about the minor forms Buu has? Who really wants "Piccolo-absorbed Buu"? He's in the manga for 2-3 panels and the anime for like 30 seconds. That's the very definition of "wasted space".

3668481.gif

And you'd better watch it, bub. Trunks was in two of those movies. You have a point on Piccolo absorbed, though. But Mystic Gohan absorbed is the sole reason Vegito even came about. Without him, you might as well not have Vegito. 

• Like 1

you mean roster? i mean its always the same with these games isnt it? fight frieza, fight cell, fight majin buu. How many games can you have with the same shit?

Xenoverse actually had it's own twist on the series. The games all play different as well. Obviously the story isn't what you're playing for, given the fact most fans have watched the shows. The games all play differently as well, which is probably why they keep selling.

No DBZ game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has come close to matching its roster. It's quite sad, really. A PS2 game has the largest fighting roster? Next gen was seriously a disappointment with this series.

I really don't feel like the smaller rosters are missing much given the fact that they only miss out on characters that were hardly relevant. The Raging Blast games had sizable rosters and many of the characters could've been missing and I wouldn't even notice. Rosters don't need filler to be good. Xenoverse had a fairly large cast, most of which people hardly used because the whole focus is on using your own character in the game. I had a feeling we wouldn't see a ton added with this installment because Super has barely taken off and I'm okay with that. The game will still be an enjoyable experience, until the grinding starts. :P

• Like 1

I really don't feel like the smaller rosters are missing much given the fact that they only miss out on characters that were hardly relevant. The Raging Blast games had sizable rosters and many of the characters could've been missing and I wouldn't even notice. Rosters don't need filler to be good. Xenoverse had a fairly large cast, most of which people hardly used because the whole focus is on using your own character in the game. I had a feeling we wouldn't see a ton added with this installment because Super has barely taken off and I'm okay with that. The game will still be an enjoyable experience, until the grinding starts. :P

I liked to play as a variety of characters(despite obviously showing who my favorite is :P). And yes, it does appear that way in Xenoverse. Which is probably one reason I don't like it that much. I'd much rather play as characters from the show I love, than some fruity created one I made(who doesn't talk..). I hope this one will at least let you edit him/her at any time. I hate my character's look, but will I ever change it? Not likely, since I'd have to collect and use waste a wish on the dragon balls.  :rolleyes:

Before I complain about everyone elses complaints, Brawler and Caesar get it.

(Now) Way too many complaints. This is a party brawler and theres way, way more gameplay elements here than in the past pvp fighters. As Brawler said, we dont need ALL of the filler characters, and focus on them would OBVIOUSLY hurt X2's improvements in other areas.

I cant believe some of yall. That one guy actually expects ALL OF THE movie characters to have playable models in the first sequel. Other guy, "because I dont like Dodoria and Zarbon, they dont belong in the game" despite their core naturals in the past DB titles. Etc. We dont need filler characters over-saturating and whelming the list and with their cloney aspects. It's a literal waste of time and development. They'd be there just to be there because of their essence in the DB world (while taking away from other things), which is stupid as hell. We dont need all the Buu forms (Evil, Absorbed forms, etc), same for Freiza, etc. Just because we've had it before in the 1v1 focused installments doesnt mean its a good thing or that it needs to happen ALL the time. If ANYTHING, this is actually the better decision via the DB world as it allows more diversity in the combat, movesets, and fighting technique, and whatever else and doesnt give us an oversized roster of characters... which most ppl never actually get to or even bother using/trying. And none of this factors in the created character mechanic that has focus and depth (mind you with 5 completely different factions with none having cloned aspects and all with at least 1 transformation), the complete opposite of UT's CC feature. Fifth-teen new isnt bad, most especially when a Xenoverse 3 is planned, this isnt the last Xv game, and every character from X1 returns in X2, DLC INCLUDED, with NO SCRAPPED characters, WHICH IS not common in most other fighters. Lastly, we're getting 5 dlc packs, which will inevitably bring a good number of characters.

..... Just think... for a moment. Look at how far X2 has come now (assuming ppl here have been keeping up to date on the additions and changes) and then imagine if there was focus on other characters who arent important or staple characters but are rather nice not-necessary-attention to detail aspects/clones/not important-enough.

I myself wont really care for the roster in the end, since like others, I use my own character as the main character and bring on whoever I please really.  But it would be cool to have others like Android 13, Bojack and even Zangya in the game.  But it's good we do get Dodoria and Zarbon... but what about Cui? So really, again, it matters not to me in the end, I mean hey, we're getting Cooler and Janemba, so I'm happy on the part.

But Android 13... he's probably the only one I'd really want added into the game, normal and super form.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to confirm how the full roster leak was NEVER accurate. This has been known for a few days, although personally I dont believe what fans say unless they're credited.

From what I understand the only character they added was hit and apparently adding 1 character makes up for a roaster because now everyone is saying its a good roaster .... like wtf? ITS 1 CHARACTER sure its a really good one but they are still missing key important characters from dragon ball.

And btw It wasn't a fan saying oh this is the full roaster It was shown in a demo that there was 85 character slots and in the jpn demo they showed the full roaster of 85 characters so one can only put 1 and 1 together. But I'm pretty sure hit is the last character seeing as how we are getting Frost and that ballin ass saiyan as dlc.

Unless we get campa my boi I'll be so hype if we get campa in game already I wanna play as overly fat beerus 

Edited by ChastityFail

From what I understand the only character they added was hit and apparently adding 1 character makes up for a roaster because now everyone is saying its a good roaster .... like wtf? ITS 1 CHARACTER sure its a really good one but they are still missing key important characters from dragon ball.

And btw It wasn't a fan saying oh this is the full roaster It was shown in a demo that there was 85 character slots and in the jpn demo they showed the full roaster of 85 characters so one can only put 1 and 1 together. But I'm pretty sure hit is the last character seeing as how we are getting Frost and that ballin ass saiyan as dlc.

Unless we get campa my boi I'll be so hype if we get campa in game already I wanna play as overly fat beerus 

No, you misunderstand. It's hidden characters like Hit that implies there's more hidden characters we do not know about. It's too late in the development cycle to add new characters (see Goku Black), and it's illogical for Bandai to have only hidden one character from the public. And really the closing point is the fact that they have already said a few days ago that the full roster is not known (well it is now by selective Youtubers, but they are purposely withholding information because of rights), and there's even stackable support for this also.

You and others need to stop whining so much about characters we don't have. No fighting game roster is perfect and this is only the second installment of a new DB series. And again, there are other superior gameplay elements to these installments than the past games, so it's understandable if the roster suffers a bit because of it. Not including every Cell and Freeza transformation while is odd due to simple "change" in tradition, it does make sense. DBBT3 couldn't be a better example of what happens when you have so many characters and what it ultimately does not live up to the expectations that people expect. If most of the key and core characters are in the game then it's only a minor complaint or nitpick. 

What are these so-many-characters that we are missing btw (based off the unofficial list), filler transformations aside? (I guess i'll name a few but I can't help but feel Tapion isn't as important as a movie character normally would be, and Uub, whom might not be in the game and will probably be future DLC because of his baby status in Super, so his Super form is probably being prioritized.) Because to me, they quite evidently did a great job including many deserved characters like Dodoria, Zarbon, Turles, Janemba, Cooler, Metal Freeza, Future Gohan, Slug, Majin Vegeta, several Super characters (with more to come), one of Freeza's main henchmen, and whoever else I can't think of, ALL on top of the dlc GT characters from X1 returning, which needs to be acknowledged. We don't need characters like Freeza's Super henchman, Chi Chi, Bulma, King Cold, King Vegeta, Cooler's squad, all of Buu's forms, Babadi, Garlic Jr (lmao), etc.

And his name is Champa btw.