Your Username: Did you have to alter it or are there clones of you? (so to speak)

CloudsInHead

I like that I had to go old school with the underscores, but there actually were/are 2 (iirc) other badgers: TheApexBadger The-Apex-Badger

I know, I know billions of people on the planet so it's bound to happen. Regardless, this is the first time in my life (really) I've run into this.

Doesn't bother me, makes me feel an unspoken solidarity with them honestly, but it's not fun when you find out you're less special :(

Anyways, I'm curious what stories people might have.

• Like 2

Nope.  No one ever uses TakahashiDemon so I'm good there.. I've even managed to get DEMON in some places.

Takahashi is always the last name my MMORPG characters get given.  Saying that, there is a few others who use it as their last names too, but never seen another Arekkusu with it.

• Like 1

Nah, I am the only true TehUberCheezCatz, maybe the correct spelling version is taken? But I never checked so whatever

Well, it is a great name. The teh give it special factor.

I've stolen Haser from my friend gamertag in phone version of game "Shakes and Fidget" but Haser was taken so I had to add PL. Now my GT looks cool and everybody from Poland know I'm from Poland :D Win=Win.

Hej! Jak tam? PL looks cool, but we might be biased ;)

Nope... what I have was my first pick, it would still be my first pick, and there's probably clones of me at this point (haven't checked), since my signing up on PSN was back in 2008.

Nice, had the same with the three other names I went by since I started gaming, but alas, good things must end. Well played potential clone creator.

I wanted the name "UndeadWolf" or "Undead_Wolf", but I'm pretty sure they were taken when I tried, so I had to add something onto it, hence the whole N7 part. I do wish my name looked a little cleaner, but there are far worse PSN names to be stuck with, so I'll live with it. :P

• Like 1

I had to add "The" to FinalEmblem since it was already taken by the time I got my PS3 and made a PSN account. Though sometimes on other sites I'm able to get just "FinalEmblem" which I find weird, but oh well, I don't mind.

I like using names with "the". Depending on what it is of course, it adds some ambiguity/mystery

Edited by The_Apex_Badger

No one else had ever thought of a name as boring as mine so I was safe ;) I can register as theguytom on a lot of places because it's so bland.

Didn't know there was a quota for likes, lol. I get the logic behind it just didn't expect it. I don't really use social media much/at all.

Sometimes bland is good. Like a rare steak, no sauce. No seasoning. One of the best tastes, IMO

Edited by The_Apex_Badger

My username on this website?
Well it I was going to pick Nightstream(as far as this name goes I came up with it based on a book series I read) but someone already thought of that name as well so I used 88(as far as the 88 goes it is based on the year I was born in which was 1988.)
kind of wish I could change it to -Articuno-(which is the same as my gamefaqs username, not that I hate this or anything I just tend to get bored with my usernames after 5 years or so sometimes)
Either that I would use the name Moonlight Stafire(came up with this name based on MLPFIM, but I think it has too many characters for that anyway)
and my gamespot username is -Vulpix- which was based on the pre-evolved form of my favorite Pokemon  since both Vulpix and Articuno were taken already I used hyphens on those.

and my XBL name is Cynder Luna which is based on my first and middle name

Edited by Nightstream88

This is why if Sony ever decided to let us change our PSN names, they should let us have spaces as well. To me, it's almost as important than the option to change them. I won't hold my breath though. -_-

I agree. On the 360 I had spaces and you could change your name (for 10 frigging bucks). Should be free, but like you said, I don't think Sony will change this.

I didn't need alteration. Probably because no one in the world would think of using vowels just to make JM a six letter username.

I could be sleep deprived, but that makes me laugh so hard.

I have both these versions of my name:

JapanimeGamer

and...

Japanime_Gamer

I never really knew which one to use but I went for JapanimeGamer in the end but for some reason a lot of people seem to be able to read Japanime_Gamer more easily.

I have no idea what other people think is best out of the two, I never actually asked anyone.

Edited by JapanimeGamer