PSA: Vita trophies are able to be hacked.

ArmoredSnowman

I won't go into too much detail on the method, but it does require Henkaku. People, such as http://psnprofiles.com/VitaFolderswill pirate some dumped vita games, run the game on a blank account, complete all trophies legit (the first time around), and then back up the trophy data. From this, they are able to sync that same trophy data over and over and over to different accounts. The first time around would be legit stamps, but then syncing to other accounts and sharing the trophy data to other vita owners is where the hacking comes in. As long as people are able to bypass Sony's update, and earn trophies without updating the game or firmware, this hacking will only grow. 

I'm just letting you guys know what's been happening in the vita modding scene in concerns to trophies, as many of you are aware of what happened with the PS3...this is the next big thing, and it's presumed this method works the same on PS4, so watch out!

Googling the program reveals that they have an undub for P4G, kiseki, and god eater and that they're developing undubs for more... I'm conflicted.

Yeah, that Ninja Gaiden game for the vita was hacked too, someone made a status update about it a few days ago. There has gotta be more than simply transfering trophy data because the guy achieved 2 impossible trophies on the vita version with that.

From the same link I found the undubs on it looks like they have save file editors for the games as well.

• Like 1

From the same link I found the undubs on it looks like they have save file editors for the games as well.

I think the issue goes beyond that, I don't think they are just meddling with saves, I think they are able to meddle with trophy data as they please, being able to unlock whatever trophy they want. Sooner or later that motorcycle vita game will be platinumed as well, that one that needs 8 people in a lobby but the servers can only take 7 at a time.

The vita is doomed, nothing is safe anymore. Over are the days where the vita trophy lists were trustable, soon anyone will be able to have SMB platinum, something I've been putting so much effort on, for the last few weeks. 

*sigh*

Time to move to PS4 until it gets hacked as well.

Curious to how they are syncing...since they need 3.61. 

We care...because it effects the people who try to get on Leaderboards.

Hackers should just play the game...they have no business in faking trophies. They did not earn them...they do not deserve them.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 3

I said it before and I'll say it again. Play games because you like them and stop worrying about other peoples trophy lists.

But if hackers were allowed to roam free, it would mess up the leaderboards and statistics for everyone. You may not care for these things, but there are many others that do.

• Like 3

Here in the Philippines, Henkaku users are harassing legit users like me. They don't like being called out. They'll call you hypocrite and if they know you are buying/selling/trading used games, they'll say that you're not a "true gamer". Bunch of twats. And now they can do this shit? All hope is lost.

ericperez18.png

• Like 1

One half of my brain: big deal. So what.

The other half: god damn it.

And so the question presents itself again: WHY don't we have full control over our trophy lists again? People cheating the system like this ruined whatever meaning they had, I don't see what damage  the option of deleting them would cause.

• Like 1

When I found out how easy it is to hack ps3 trophies nowadays, I lost almost all interest in Leaderboards etc. cause I realized that it doesn't reflects true statistics.

Same goes with PS Vita now. 

And for leaderboards scums, the most frustrating is that now they can get plenty of visual novels plats without actually buying them and you can't proof that they hacked it until they are idiots who get random timestamps or completed digital-only game from different region.

As this plats are extremely easy there is no doubts that anyone can achieve them. But now there even won't be main barrier (searching for this game, paying, waiting for it to be delivered etc.)

And even games like Super Meat Boy now in danger for statistics.

• Like 1

Eeeh, from the method this requires it would be somewhat easy to spot and report. If you see people with the exact same time stamps report and remove them both.

Sony may do something about the syncing to, since they've been patching out every exploit that people have found. I'd think they'd patch whatever way it is people managed to connect to PSN without being on the current firmware version, which would make doing this more difficult. 

• Like 2

You can tell he's doing something because I'm pretty sure this game is digital-only and Japan-only, yet he has it on a US account.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3654-%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%AC%E3%83%8D%E5%9B%9E%E5%A7%AB%E8%AD%9A-%E4%B8%80%E6%9C%9F%E4%B8%80%E4%BC%9A-/VitaFolders

Can't you buy digital ps vita games including ps vita games on the PS3 and plug into your vita and put the game on your vita that way?

Report them.

It's not like you can do anything here. It's a matter that involves Sony itself. If they don't develop a way to block the spoofers, we have to deal with them for the time being.

• Like 2

Can't you buy digital ps vita games including ps vita games on the PS3 and plug into your vita and put the game on your vita that way?

No, the system won't allow you to transfer games that aren't owned by the current account on the Vita. 

Report them.

Can't currently report vita games on here. 

It's already known since someone already posted hacked Ninja Gaiden.

I believe Sly plans to add Vita report to the site update but I'm not sure if he will.

Googling the program reveals that they have an undub for P4G, kiseki, and god eater and that they're developing undubs for more... I'm conflicted.

This is the only reason why I'm conflicting as well and would actually give it a try...

The proper voices are too tempting :/

There's a workaround that allows connection to PSN without updating that is listed on the place I've been reading.

So... you can have Henkaku and still be connected to PSN to update trophies?

That's crazy...

Also considering that he earned 389 trophies in a single day. The only person I've seen do that was one of my buddies and it was because he cloud synced all region versions of Sound Shapes, which was like 87 trophies per version.

Actually... it's doable even without Sound Shapes.

10-15 skipped VNs and you unfortunately can easily go to 400 :(

We would wish :(

Why on Earth would someone want to hack their Playstation Vita trophies? :facepalm:  It's fun to work hard for a trophy and it feels hella rewarding once you get it too. 

Same reason why people hack PS3 trophies.

Same reason why people skip VNs.

Same reason why people play easy games.

To accumulate trophies easily.

• Like 1

Well, there are always some douche bags trying to ruin people's fun. Lucky I'm not into leader board.

While I don't condone hacking and pirating, I still think modding gives a vita a bit more life (same for PSP back in the old day), just hope that the pirates and hackers are not so aggressive giving Sony  more reason to shut the whole modding scene down.

Edited by PliskinCobra