PSA: Vita trophies are able to be hacked.

ArmoredSnowman

Why on Earth would someone want to hack their Playstation Vita trophies? :facepalm:  It's fun to work hard for a trophy and it feels hella rewarding once you get it too. 

while some people try to struggle to get a good collection of trophies, others do it in the easiest way!

hackers are like the cancer, if you not fighting at the beginning , later you see the consequences

• Like 1

I'll never get this, what's the point in getting a ton/Lot of trophies this way, to be on top of the leaderboard? Well congrats for you Jackass, you should be proud being there hacking without any troubles instead of working for them, now that you are there i'm sure you're famouse and getting a lot of prizes and money -_-

Bah, anyway hopefully this people could be reported in this cases, i don't really care about leaderboards i just check them sometimes for curiosity, but it's not fair for all of us that may have some games that couldn't be done anymore now and get trophies doing what's necessary for them every day!

• Like 1

I don't get it either. I guess it's an ego thing.

it's all about bragging rights. Taking a system and modifying it to do things that wasn't intended, will always be priority for someone who has the knowledge and skills.

Whilst for us it ruins the true value of what we do, too them it's one big screw you. So yes, it's an ego thing. We managed to not stop but combat cheating on the main leaderboard so there is no reason we couldn't do the same for the Vita. It may seem a big issue right now but it can be stopped and eventually will. :)

• Like 1

well, that's freaking stupid. Contact an admin then to do a manual ban

There was previously no need to report Vita games as you couldn't hack trophies on it. Same as why you can't report PS4 games. Sly will have to make it so Vita games can be reported now

No, the system won't allow you to transfer games that aren't owned by the current account on the Vita. 

I think you can know There is an account spoofer or whatever that lets you have multiple account and their activation on your vita at the same time.

I think you can know There is an account spoofer or whatever that lets you have multiple account and their activation on your vita at the same time.

Believe with Henkaku yeah, which as far as I know is the same system used for the trophy exploit. And if you did that would therefore likely get you flagged as you aren't legitamitely able to get different region games on a vita. So dun do it

Wait a sec, I have a Vita from Japan with games bought from Japan and Australia, So there's no region block on cartridges. These trophies are for digital only? I'm sure you can usb PS3 to vita, I've done it myself with Patapon.

Edit: Oh My bad, has to be the same account I think and you can only have 1 account per vita unless it's hacked?

What did Henkaku do? Bought the whitelist back to my Vita TV. Why on earth hack a vita for anything else? You can buy a tablet and emulate whatever you want. It's was hacked just for this sought of crap, I never doubted. I'm on 3.61 for the TV and Vita, the whitelist still works so if you've used this for non evil needs than just update.

Edited by Z1MZUM

What did Henkaku do? Bought the whitelist back to my Vita TV. Why on earth hack a vita for anything else? You can buy a tablet and emulate whatever you want. It's was hacked just for this sought of crap, I never doubted. I'm on 3.61 for the TV and Vita, the whitelist still works so if you've used this for non evil needs than just update.

Undubbed JRPGs.

Free games.

Hack trophies.

Different region digital games.

Pretty much like PSP.

And with this, 3rd party Vita developers in the west will almost certainly abandon Vita if they haven't already. Those that developed for PSP saw the numbers of how many of their titles were being downloaded on file sharing sites and realized how much piracy there was. Those that waited to see if the same thing happened to Vita now know it's possible and probably don't think Sony can keep it locked down much longer, seeing as how little attention Vita gets directly from Sony.

As far as I understand, this hack usually unlocks all trophies (or all trophies except for plat, with plat unlocking automatically) at once.

Is it possible to automatically flag accounts that have single game's trophies being registered at once?

Or, make PSNP to publicize the date/time when trophy was registered at PSNP. Then the legit users will be able to compare such suspicious accounts and date of when the trophies of both players were earned. If the date is the same, ban both of them and report to Sony as well.

I think the issue goes beyond that, I don't think they are just meddling with saves, I think they are able to meddle with trophy data as they please, being able to unlock whatever trophy they want. Sooner or later that motorcycle vita game will be platinumed as well, that one that needs 8 people in a lobby but the servers can only take 7 at a time.

The vita is doomed, nothing is safe anymore. Over are the days where the vita trophy lists were trustable, soon anyone will be able to have SMB platinum, something I've been putting so much effort on, for the last few weeks. 

*sigh*

Time to move to PS4 until it gets hacked as well.

I believe the process can be done on PS4 as well, at least on a 1.76 fw. I haven't seen any PS4 trophy hackers yet, but if it's similar to vita's architecture, it won't be long.

Well, there are always some douche bags trying to ruin people's fun. Lucky I'm not into leader board.

While I don't condone hacking and pirating, I still think modding gives a vita a bit more life (same for PSP back in the old day), just hope that the pirates and hackers are not so aggressive giving Sony  more reason to shut the whole modding scene down.

Already 400+ vita games dumped online using Vitamin. One thing to be said, is the devs of Xonic noticed and even confronted the pirates.

Dumb question, but I'd like to know what PSA is.

So, PS Vita Trophies can be hacked now? Where is fun in doing all of these? What will happen to PS4 now?

Hacking is used for bragging rights and show off.

Legitimately is the key!

Public Service Announcement

Would assume PS4 will be gotten to in the coming months. Think there's more people with 3.60 vitas than 1.76 ps4s.

I do follow what's happening in the pirating scenes and already knew about henkaku since it first appeared. Too bad my vita was already on 3.61 so never had a chance to try.

What I mean is that if they are pirating (we can't prevent this), they should just stay in the dark instead of going online messing with everyone which could cause trouble for both legit users and other pirates.

So far there is still some risk to go online so most of the hack accounts is new or not worth much, we can based on that to report them. Newer game will not be affected because they require 3.61 (Darkest Dungeon) and currently unhackable.

PS4 1.76 is too old and hardly worth it just to hack a few trophies and pirating some games and so far there is no successful attempt in doing so yet, I believe most of PS4 games already require newer firmware. Sony could probably ignore the vita hacking since they pretty much abandon the device at this point, but with their current flag ship PS4 they will be much more aggressive in tracking down hacker.