A-Z Platinum Club

42 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I did join 2nd as alpha + Japanese Lover :P Finished the list for Alpha June last year and got the Japanese Bonus game december last year :)

But regardless welcome @Xylobe cool list and we three (Property_Damage, Xylobe and I) have almost different lists for all entries :D  ... only on X and Y i see double mentions... but for Q we all chose a different game :D

I took a look at all three of our lists: Volume, Xblaze Code: Embryo, Yasai Ninja, and 巫女学校物語~楓編 (if you want to count the Japanese game) all appear twice. I already intended to complete the Japanese stack of Tales of Xillia and can change my V game to Virginia, so we could have completely unique lists if one of us three gets a new X and one of you two get a new Y. 

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

I took a look at all three of our lists: Volume, Xblaze Code: Embryo, Yasai Ninja, and 巫女学校物語~楓編 (if you want to count the Japanese game) all appear twice. I already intended to complete the Japanese stack of Tales of Xillia and can change my V game to Virginia, so we could have completely unique lists if one of us three gets a new X and one of you two get a new Y. 

I've been on the lookout for a new X title but on the PS4 only and that's a problem since for Xcom 2 i see it's too difficult and for X-morph Defense and Xuan Yuan Sword i have no guide :( ... getting a new Y PS4 title would be easier with Yesterday Origins for example :D ... but i'd have to buy any new game and i'm not sure if i wanna do that right now...

3 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I did join 2nd as alpha + Japanese Lover :P Finished the list for Alpha June last year and got the Japanese Bonus game december last year :)

But regardless welcome @Xylobe cool list and we three (Property_Damage, Xylobe and I) have almost different lists for all entries :D  ... only on X and Y i see double mentions... but for Q we all chose a different game :D

Oh nice!

i didnt notice

my bad

congrats bud!

i like seeing new alphas + japanese lovers

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 9:23 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Got my Ultra Rare J game today :). Have been making good progress on Grand Kingdom and the multiplayer in Quantum Theory is done.

LlBcrCn.jpg

I like it!  Here's mine, so far.

S4363f9.pngS048570.pngS17947c.pngSbcc763.pngDSc1f691.pngFS6d3a79.pngS2bea5d.png

ISb73233.pngKS668783.pngS3ebbd9.pngNS18cd94.pngSdd58be.pngQ

S37dce7.pngS402edd.pngS2c0fc5.pngUS47d35d.pngWXSefc367.pngZ

Missing D, F, I, K, N, Q, U, W, X, Z (17/27)

(I'm not loving all the white space behind those images.  Wish I could do background fill in posts.... can I?)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

I like it!  Here's mine, so far.

S4363f9.pngS048570.pngS17947c.pngSbcc763.pngDSc1f691.pngFS6d3a79.pngS2bea5d.png

ISb73233.pngKS668783.pngS3ebbd9.pngNS18cd94.pngSdd58be.pngQ

S37dce7.pngS402edd.pngS2c0fc5.pngUS47d35d.pngWXSefc367.pngZ

Missing D, F, I, K, N, Q, U, W, X, Z (17/27)

(I'm not loving all the white space behind those images.  Wish I could do background fill in posts.... can I?)

Man, if we teamed up we would almost be done :P

I did mine in Paint. It isn't the best but when I am actually finished I will put more time into it.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Man, if we teamed up we would almost be done :P

I did mine in Paint. It isn't the best but when I am actually finished I will put more time into it.

Yep, except I think U is gonna break us both, unless you love UFC games.  I'm having trouble even finding a viable option for U.

I just linked the images from this site.  They had dark backgrounds here, but the image itself doesn't have that, so a bunch of them look awful with the white background.

2 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

Yep, except I think U is gonna break us both, unless you love UFC games.  I'm having trouble even finding a viable option for U.

I just linked the images from this site.  They had dark backgrounds here, but the image itself doesn't have that, so a bunch of them look awful with the white background.

Well there is a couple of options Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom :o Some weird Chicken game that is supposed to be glitched :o A resident Evil game that may be doable :| And UFC

Now as for UFC...I have been told that 2009 is totally boostable as the servers are still up and the game is actually not that bad to beat. I bought my copy for a couple of bucks already. If you were to pick up a copy I really need a boosting partner :D

17 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well there is a couple of options Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom :o Some weird Chicken game that is supposed to be glitched :o A resident Evil game that may be doable :| And UFC

Now as for UFC...I have been told that 2009 is totally boostable as the servers are still up and the game is actually not that bad to beat. I bought my copy for a couple of bucks already. If you were to pick up a copy I really need a boosting partner :D

I'm not much into fighting games, so UFC is probably my best bet, sadly.  I don't follow the sport at all, but if I can track down a copy, I'll pick it up.  The hardest part is gonna be fixing my broken drive on my ps3.

I'd like to join as a Beta Collector. Here's my list with the rarest game representing each letter (Ultra Rares in bold):

#

Armello

Batman: Arkham City

Crysis

Driver: San Fransisco

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Flatout 4

Grand Theft Auto 5

Hotline Miami

inFamous 2

Just Cause 3

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Lords of the Fallen

Mount and Blade: Warband

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Of Orcs and Men

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016

Q

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Styx: Master of Shaows

Tropico 5

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Valkyria Chronicles

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

XCOM 2

Y

Zombie Army Trilogy

That's 24/27. I think Yakuza 0 and Qube 2 will be added at some point. Not sure what i'll go for for #. Suggestions welcome.

Edited by UK-Danny-93
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

I'm not much into fighting games, so UFC is probably my best bet, sadly.  I don't follow the sport at all, but if I can track down a copy, I'll pick it up.  The hardest part is gonna be fixing my broken drive on my ps3.

Oh that might be a problem :( Well if you fix it and find a copy hit me up :D

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

Depending on the model of ps3, you can find refurbed bd units for like $20. Super easy to just open the top and pull the ribbon cable off for a swap.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 isn't that hard...

:ninja:

Look...here's a video of me breezing through the final combo trial as proof of the ease.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

It had a limited release in NA. There are WAY more Japanese copies out there. It's basically all you see on ebay. It only makes it easier because you can understand everything. 

@Dr_Mayus

Yes, definitely the NA version. 

Not quite right.

What makes it easier is the patch that lowers the requirements of several mini-games. The EU release never got that patch, so it's the harder version.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Not quite right.

What makes it easier is the patch that lowers the requirements of several mini-games. The EU release never got that patch, so it's the harder version.

My PS3 won't read discs anymore so I'll have to pick something else anyway. Interesting to know though.

Anyone played '101 Ways to Die'? Looks a likely candidate.

Edited by UK-Danny-93

17 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Not quite right.

Basically this :)

Also unlike the Europe and Asian release you are allowed to keep White Block swords from playthrough to playthrough. So you can fully level up the Excalibur on your Easy playthrough and keep it for your Spelunker playthrough. 

So not only do you get a badass sword for the hardest difficulty there is way less grinding as you can spread out the White Block grind over 3 playthroughs instead of 1

• Like 1

Kinda became a bit interested in this again recently and figured I may as well go back to trying to finish it off. 

# 3D Dot Game Heroes (UR)
Axiom Verge (UR)
Bound (UR)
Chariot (UR)
Downwell (UR)
Enter the Gungeon (UR)
Flame Over (UR)
Geometry Wars 3 (UR)
Hand of Fate (UR)
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (UR)
Jamestown+ (UR)
Killzone 3
La Mulana EX (UR)
Mamorukun Curse! (UR)
N++ (UR)
Olli Olli 2 (UR)
Pier Solar and the Great Architects (UR)
Q
Rack N Ruin (UR)
Surgeon Simulator (UR)
The Bit.Trip (UR)
UFC 2009 (UR)
Velocity 2X (UR)
Worms Battlegrounds (UR)
X Blades
Y
Z

Quick update to my list, changed B and U to UR plats, now I need K, Q, X, Y and Z to have a full list of UR plats. Most troublesome one will probably be K for me personally I think. 

9 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Basically this :)

Also unlike the Europe and Asian release you are allowed to keep White Block swords from playthrough to playthrough. So you can fully level up the Excalibur on your Easy playthrough and keep it for your Spelunker playthrough. 

So not only do you get a badass sword for the hardest difficulty there is way less grinding as you can spread out the White Block grind over 3 playthroughs instead of 1

Didn't know this additional about why US is easier, just the minigame stuff. That being said, EU version isn't so difficult anyways. Game is great though for sure, well worth a play! Also regarding UFC 2009 I can attest to the game not being too bad to complete. Also if you have VR I think Until Dawn: Rush of Blood should count for the letter U as an UR plat.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Not quite right.

Ohhhh...I was unaware of that. I don't think I've even seen an EU copy on ebay. It's always like 90% Japanese and 10% NA. EU must have had an even smaller release than we did.