A-Z Platinum Club

3 hours ago, Xillia said:

Xblaze Embryo is like 5 bucks on PSN.

And that bothers me, because why did the creators decide that Embryo, being a pure visual novel, is going to be cheap but Lost, which has some interactive elements, was classified as a 'game' and charges $40 for it? I liked the new characters they introduced in LOST. *sigh*

But anyways, I can save my X-title for much later. Just dropped the rest of my free cash at Gamestop and traded in Atelier Firis(which I decided I will have to wait for because I am still not into those games) for $5.50 and used that to help fund a controller charging station(which I desperately need) and three pre-owned games to hopefully fill out my list: Stardew Valley(since it is obvious my inner kid is not willing to spend Vita time on Sly Cooper), Yonder(I'll get over having to earn a trophy for poop collecting since I have a kitty and have to clean its litter box daily), and World to the West(which I finally found a copy of since it's not online). What's hilarious is that Gamestop had a used copy of Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus for $13.49 and I bought it on the PSN Store for $9.99. :P

14 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

What's hilarious is that Gamestop had a used copy of Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus for $13.49 and I bought it on the PSN Store for $9.99. :P

Because physical has resell value that anyone can use

whereas digital is tied to one specific account

but gamestop doesnt price match the psn store so thats another reason and most likely the real answer its more expensive in person, and well, they are out to make a profit at the same time

they make more money from selling used games then brand new

Actually completed this game over a year ago, but wasn't thinking about the A-Z thread at the time and so forgot about adding it. But I'm gonna add Yooka Laylee to the list for now as my Y plat. I'll do doing one of the Yakuza games in the future more than likely in order to have an ultra rare Y plat, but not sure which one or when. Anyways, now on 26/27 for the alphabet and still 23/27 for the UR alphabet. Only letter left is Q and I recently did the online for Quantum Theory so can hopefully get that plat pretty soon. Also changed one or two other letters to 'better' plats, imo.

# 3D Dot Game Heroes (UR)
Arcana Heart 3 (UR)
Bound (UR)
Chariot (UR)
Downwell (UR)
Enter the Gungeon (UR)
Flame Over (UR)
Geometry Wars 3 (UR)
Hand of Fate (UR)
I am Bread (UR)
Jamestown+ (UR)
Killzone 3
Lost Planet 2 (UR)
Mamorukun Curse! (UR)
N++ (UR)
Olli Olli 2 (UR)
Pier Solar and the Great Architects (UR)
Q
Rack N Ruin (UR)
Super Meat Boy (UR)
The Bit.Trip (UR)
UFC 2009 (UR)
Velocity 2X (UR)
Worms Battlegrounds (UR)
X Blades
Yooka Laylee
Ziggurat (UR)

• Like 3

I can now join this for Delta Collector, with 15/27, and no Japanese... yet!

Platinum A-Z

# - 

A - Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

B - Beyond: Two souls

C -

D - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

E -

F - Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn

G - Gravity Rush

H - Horizon Zero Dawn

I - inFamous Second Son

J -

K -

L - LittleBigPlanet

M - Mass Effect 2

N - 

O -

P -

Q -

R -

S - Steins;Gate

T - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

U - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

V - Virtue’s Last Reward

W - World of Final Fantasy

X -

Y -

Z - Zero Time Dilemma

Japanese Lover! -

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 11:38 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

And that bothers me, because why did the creators decide that Embryo, being a pure visual novel, is going to be cheap but Lost, which has some interactive elements, was classified as a 'game' and charges $40 for it? I liked the new characters they introduced in LOST. *sigh*

It makes even less sense when you consider that Lost Memories is pretty much a rehash of Code Embryo.  Lost Memories is downright terrible at anything it attempts to do.   Code Embryo is actually a decent VN.  Lost Memories just fails at everything it tried to do and was a terrible game that is worth $5-10 at most.

On 8/1/2018 at 0:45 PM, Squirlruler said:

I would like to join! I want that cool cool banner haha. I think I just made the requirements. Here are my games:

A - Anarchy: Rush Hour

B - BioShock Infinite

C - Claire

D - Dead Space

E - TBD

F - Fallout 4

G - Guitar Hero 5

H - Hotline: Miami

I - TBD

J - TBD

K - Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS4)

L - Life Is Strange

M - Monster Hunter: World

N - Nier: Automata

O Old Man's Journey

P - Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Q - TBD

R - Rise of the Tomb Raider

S - TBD

T - The Last of Us Remastered

U - Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End

V - Virginia

X - TBD

Y - TBD

Z Zero Time Dilemma

# - TBD

19/27

Side note, can I change a game before I complete the whole list if I would like?

Got a few more so I have moved up in the ranks! :D

Edited by Squirlruler

Just finished Zombi to get me to 23/27 Beta collector status. Just need O, Q, V and Y now. I also have a Japanese game in the works! 

Also, I am taking it a step further and I want the entire alphabet of completed as well as platinum, after I get the 27 of course! ;) 

* Means not completed

#- 3D Dot Game Heroes

A - Assassin's Creed II

B - Batman

C - Call of Duty World At War *

D - Dead Space

E - Ether One

F - Fallout 4 

G - God of War

H - Heavy Rain

I - Infamous

J - Just Cause 3 *

K - Knack

L - Lego Marvel Superheroes

M - Mass Effect Andromeda

N - Need for Speed Rivals

O -

P - Persona 5

Q - 

R - Red Dead Redemption

S - Shadow of the Colossus

T - Tekken 7

U - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

V - 

X - X-Men Origins Wolverine

Y - 

Z - Zombi

14 minutes ago, Bos10George said:

Also, I am taking it a step further and I want the entire alphabet of completed as well as platinum, after I get the 27 of course! ;) 

* Means not completed

That's still not possible. 

There's no Q platinum so far (but apparently there's an X now, I had got an Y last year because it was the last possible letter for me to complete the alphabet with Plat names, and at the time there was no Q or X, now only Q is missing). 

This is the X named platinum game:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7440-super-robot-wars-x

3 hours ago, Bos10George said:

What about Q.U.B.E 2, Quantum Theory, and Quest of Dungeons (Quantum of Solace servers are closed, but if someone had that already it would count)?

Han seems to think that you meant you want to complete the alphabet using names of the platinum trophies, which is why he linked an S game, but the plat name is an X. However I'm pretty sure you just meant you'll do the unfinished dlc on games that you've platted but are yet to 100%. So he's saying that there's no plat names that begin with Q, not that there's no games themselves. 

4 hours ago, Bos10George said:

What about Q.U.B.E 2, Quantum Theory, and Quest of Dungeons (Quantum of Solace servers are closed, but if someone had that already it would count)?

As @zajac9999 said, I misinterpreted it as you saying that you wanted to get the alphabet with Plat names after finish this alphabet.

And the game that I linked is Asia only, so I guess that I will need to look further into it, since the alphabet with Plat names is something in my plans.. 

On 8/21/2018 at 11:38 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

However, I can rent the game now! Yep, I renewed my GameFly rental Q so I put that as my first game to rent for my third iternation so I can get my X game at long last. This is the only X game I care to touch and since I am divesting myself of the lack of responsibility by making this my permanent account, I have to either commit to a game 100% or scrap it and let it rot. As I said, I love the alchemist's daughters introduced in this title and the Phantom World so I'd play this over Embyro any day.

#: 36 fragments of midnight

A: Assassins creed origins

B: Batman Arkham Knight

C: Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

D Doom

E: Energy Balance

F: Far Cry 4

G: Game of Thrones

H: Horizon Zero Dawn

I: Infamous

J: Jazzpunk

K: 

L: Life is Strange

M: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

N: N.E.R.O

O: Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

P: Puzzle Showdown 4k

Q:

R: Ratchet and Clank

S: Super Destronaut DX

T: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

U: Uncharted

V: 

W: Wolfenstein: The New Order

X:

Y: Yooka-Laylee

Z: 

Edited by dmason2011

I might as well join and see if I can get all 27 eventually.  

Right now, I'm at 20/27.

#
Armello
Bioshock Infinite
C
Downwell
Ether One
Fallout 4
God of War
Hand of Fate
I Am Bread
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition
K
Lone Survivor
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
No Man's Sky
OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Quest of Dungeons
Rogue Legacy
Super Meat Boy
The Banner Saga
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered
V
W
X
Y
Zombi

Have completed the list as follows:

/#/ 36 Fragments of Midnight

/A/ Aer: Memories of Old

/B/ Buff Knight Advanced

/C/ Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

/D/ Dark Arcana: The Carnival

/E/ Engimatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek

/F/ ???

/G/ Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan

/H/ Her Majesty's SPIFFING

/I/ Inksplosion

/J/ Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

/K/ ???

/L/ LEGO Jurassic World

/M/ My Name Is Mayo

/N/ Nubla

/O/ Old Man's Journey

/P/ Perfect Angle

/Q/ ???

/R/ Reverie

/S/ ???

/T/ The Deadly Tower of Monsters

/U/ ???

/V/ ???

/W/ ???

/X/ ???

/Y/ ???

/Z/ Zeus Quest Remastered

My X title will probably be my 51st Platinum, which is coming in the mail from GameFly. ^_^

Edited by DragonQuest238

Finally got a Y platinum so just 2 more letters to complete the alphabet. Would like to try for the UR alphabet as well. Probably got a few more since my last update but still a ways to go on that one.

# 3D Dot Game Heroes (UR)

Assault Android Cactus (UR)

Batman Arkham City (UR)

Catherine (UR)

Downwell (UR)

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Furi (UR)

Grand Theft Auto IV (UR)

Helldivers (UR)

ICO

Just Cause 2

Killzone 2 (UR)

Lumo (UR)

Max Payne 3 (UR)

Nex Machina (UR)

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (UR)

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Q

Rogue Legacy (UR)

Shadow of the Colossus (UR)

The Evil Within (UR)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

V

Wolfenstein: The New Order

XBlaze Lost Memories

Yooka-Laylee

Zombi (UR)

• Like 1

@MStalker58 - Good luck with the UR alphabet.  I can suggest Exist Archive for E and Ys Origin for Y.  Ys Origin is a very fun action RPG with a good amount of challenge, but isn't insurmountable with patience and practice.  It's UR mostly because the game needs 6 playthroughs to plat and three of those have to be on nightmare difficulty, but I got the plat within a month.  Exist Archive was pretty fun, but is a bit grindy and repetitive.  It's UR mostly because the game is incredibly stingy with trophies at the start and you really have to dig for info on the game for info to get some of the trophies and learn how to play the game well.  I really enjoyed it though and there is a solid trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org.  If you go for Exist Archive, get the PS4 version if possible.  Vita version is doable to plat on, but there is a freezing bug that makes the speedruns harder and the speedruns are the hardest trophies in the game.

@Winston, could you update me please? I'm Gamma now with 22 letters fulfilled, upgraded from Delta :)

#
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Blue Reflection
Cat Quest
Danganronpa 1-2 Reload
Earthlock
Final Fantasy IX
G
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
Am Setsuna
J
K
Life is Strange
Mary Skelter: Nightmares
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
Q
Romancing SaGa 2
Shining Resonance Refrain
Tales of Berseria
Unholy Heights
Virtue's Last Reward
World of Final Fantasy
XBlaze Code: Embryo
Yomawari: Night Alone
Zero Time Dilemma

I'm planning 2048: Read Only Memories, Grim Fandango Remastered, Jazzpunk, and Klaus for four of my remaining categories. I'll probably have to take a look a QUBE 2 as neither Quantum of Solace nor Quantum Theory seem appealing.... just don't have it purchased yet.