Lifetime Support Trophy

calahoon

Anyone know how these field tales work? Have looked over multiple trophy guides and forums looking for how to get this trophy and theres nothing. I dont want to have to play chapter 1 to 5 all over again. Is there another easier way to get a complete tale? How many fiend tale bonuses do I need to get the trophy?

• 2 months later...

Hey, I've just got this trophy. One tale is completely enough. I got mine with a Killer Hound but any should do I would think. I used a S Pod on Luca, 

The creature gets a story level up for every experience level you go up. The final fantasy wiki says you get three story level ups at the end of every main chapter so that would be your quickest way. I got my trophy after releasing the hound at the start of chapter three, having caught it in chapter one. I probably could have stopped ages before that though. Hope that helps, assuming you even still need this two months after asking 

2 hours ago, SteveOCov said:

Hey, I've just got this trophy. One tale is completely enough. I got mine with a Killer Hound but any should do I would think. I used a S Pod on Luca, 

The creature gets a story level up for every experience level you go up. The final fantasy wiki says you get three story level ups at the end of every main chapter so that would be your quickest way. I got my trophy after releasing the hound at the start of chapter three, having caught it in chapter one. I probably could have stopped ages before that though. Hope that helps, assuming you even still need this two months after asking 

The only thing I have left to do is beat trema and finish the game and the highest level I have is a death dauber and coyote which are level 4. I caught them as soon as I was able but their levels have been stuck at that since God knows when. Anything I'm missing? I'm on track for 100% completion on my current play though. Don't want to have to start NG+ just for this trophy

20 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

The only thing I have left to do is beat trema and finish the game and the highest level I have is a death dauber and coyote which are level 4. I caught them as soon as I was able but their levels have been stuck at that since God knows when. Anything I'm missing? I'm on track for 100% completion on my current play though. Don't want to have to start NG+ just for this trophy

Did you release it? From what I understood from the guide I used is that you can only release fiends when their fiend tale is maxed (apart from Brother).

Save and try that. 

4 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

Did you release it? From what I understood from the guide I used is that you can only release fiends when their fiend tale is maxed (apart from Brother).

Save and try that. 

I don't have the option to release anything. I was under the impression the fiends needed to be lvl 5 for that. I caught everything in Chapter 1 but nothing seems to have grown through chapter completion for the last couple of chapters and my two highest are stuck at lvl 4. I guess I'll have to go for it on NG+, that's if I can beat Trema and the Plat is doable 

4 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I don't have the option to release anything. I was under the impression the fiends needed to be lvl 5 for that. I caught everything in Chapter 1 but nothing seems to have grown through chapter completion for the last couple of chapters and my two highest are stuck at lvl 4. I guess I'll have to go for it on NG+, that's if I can beat Trema and the Plat is doable 

I beat Trema last night, and he honestly was not that hard at all. I even did it without Mascot.

If you use Mascot + Invincible accessory, you'll be killing him reasonably fast. I did it slowly because as I said, I had no mascot.

If you don't use mascot, use 2x Dark Knight + Alchemist.

I used Adamantite + Speed Bracer on one of my Dark Knights and the Alchemist, so the Dark Knight act as a backup Alchemist in case things went wrong.

Other Dark Knight had 2 Champion Belts, making them have almost max STR/DEF.

Use Valiant Lustre Garment Grid and travel around to get all the defensive bonuses, but do it one char at a time.

You can bribe Paragon with 1mil because he's an annoying, RNG reliant fight, and you get Dark Matters to mix into Miracle Drink so you can set up on Trema. Also mix Final Wall with Potion + Chocobo Wing.

Hope something in these tips helps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 20/12/2016 at 3:50 PM, Cleggworth said:

I see you still need the Lifetime Support trophy. You don't need to rely on the bonus after each chapter ends. Just get that creature with a level 4 story, put it on your team and go grind for a little experience. When that monster levels up it should also get a new level in its story. Then, at level 5, you can release it and get the trophy. It will surely not take you too long.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Killer Hound from chapter 1 said this monster had no story for all chapters then gave me the option to release it right after I finished the chapter. Unlocking the little scene as well as the trophy.. I was confused but I am not going to say no to it.

• 4 months later...

Just note this trophy is missable. You need to level up fiends to progress their story so if you level up to 99 with YRP fiends in the arena will be caught at level 97-99... not enough levels to get a fiend to the end of their tale

Some fiends do not have stories do not have stories to share. Oh also, no human has a story.

Edited by Dreggit

17 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

Just note this trophy is missable. You need to level up fiends to progress their story so if you level up to 99 with YRP fiends in the arena will be caught at level 97-99... not enough levels to get a fiend to the end of their tale

Some fiends do not have stories do not have stories to share. Oh also, no human has a story.

Sure it can be classified as missable but since there is new game plus option and starting new game and leveling fiend 5 levels doesnt set you back too much in time sense anyway. 

Just now, Kavatus said:

Sure it can be classified as missable but since there is new game plus option and starting new game and leveling fiend 5 levels doesnt set you back too much in time sense anyway. 

While true a missable trophy tag can be applied to anything that would need another playthrough to obtain regardless of if it were in new game + or not.

That said, it's not a big time sink to get in new game or new game+ it's just a small inconvenience that is technically applicable to the tag.

I plan to write a guide for this game even though it's not a particularly difficult one.

I think it's criminal how little attention the fiend arena got as it's my favorite part of the game ; (