How hard is crushing?

hi guys

I wanted to know how hard is the crushing difficulty on this game really? 

I read some reviews of course, but most of them included unclean runs, using this and that to make the game easier/faster. 

So how hard is the game on a scale of 1 to 10 when you just play it oldschool like without any cheats, exploits, auto-aim, hints, walkthroughs, etc ... just as a game has mentioned to played be.

thanks in advance!

can't wait until brutal difficulty comes out and I choke on my words

Yeah, I also hope they decide to add that as well. I was already a bit disappointed that it wasn't part of the regular trophy list as I also loved playing through the first three games on Brutal difficulty :)!

Yeah, I also hope they decide to add that as well. I was already a bit disappointed that it wasn't part of the regular trophy list as I also loved playing through the first three games on Brutal difficulty :)!

Pretty sure they will since they did for the last 3 remastered games and also TLOU, always in dlc trophies, maybe at the same time all the online/co op trophies come along

Pretty sure they will since they did for the last 3 remastered games and also TLOU, always in dlc trophies, maybe at the same time all the online/co op trophies come along

True, but the 'DLCs' in the remastered games were already added at launch so that might just be something Bluepoint wanted to add to the remasters. I really hope it will get added to UC4 in the future though, that'd be awesome :)!

Edited by LucasV9991

Wot m8?

There's a trophy for finishing the game on crushing

IMO it was the easiest of the bunch, can't wait until brutal difficulty comes out and I choke on my words

There's an exploit where the crushing trophy would unlock without the need to play the whole game. They're probably referring to that. :|

Thanks everyone, that should explain why the crushing trophy is that uncommon. 

anyways, chapters like 14 and 20 looks very hard though -- I think if the u4 wouldnt be that noob friendly in case of cheats and auto aim and that stuff, the trophy would be much harder .. and much rarer .. just my opinion 

Wot m8?

There's a trophy for finishing the game on crushing

IMO it was the easiest of the bunch, can't wait until brutal difficulty comes out and I choke on my words

you tecnacly dont need it becouse of a glitch, of starting on crushing and going to the last chapter, cant really remenber how but theres guides for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still early in the game, will give my rating once i'm done with crushing difficulty ( no aim assist, no cheat code and no glitches.

but I wanted to point out that the game now have an auto aim / aim assist for some reason and I wish if I can completely remove it, i'm not trying to be a show offer here, it just that it always mess my careful aiming tactics, you can turn aim assist off but actually the option will only tune it down to 9% or something like that.

been playing uncharted series for years now without aim assist, then came uncharted 4 and added them seem to me is out of place ( yet i still can't denied that the game is super fun!! )

It's not that difficult overall. But there are sections that will just drive you insane. Maybe if you used cheats, exploits, etc. it would make it easier, but I personally never use 'em. I'd say a solid 6.5 for difficulty without cheating.

Oh and btw, I meant to add that while playing the Crushing difficulty, Sam, Sully and Elena are pretty much worthless. Yes, they occasionally will get a kill, but I've literally been killed with them standing there watching instead of interacting.

In fact I remember one particular time (in chapter 18), where and armored guy had snuck in behind me and strangled me to death. Elena was literally a foot away and just watched. Didn't make a move to help. Believe me when I tell you, that is terribly infuriating and it happens fairly often.

Basically, just be prepared to do 99.9% of it yourself. It got to the point where I'd either do my best to stealth kill or completely avoid detection altogether (if possible).

Hope this helps any future players.

Edited by Dragn_Dolphin