PlayStation VR: Is it for you? (because poll)

Fatty_Fatness

Have you tried PSVR, and are you psyched for it?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried PSVR, and are you psyched for it?

• I've tried it, and I'm totally psyched for it.
    • I haven't tried it, but I'm totally psyched for it.
    • I've tried it, but it's not for me.
    • I haven't tried it, and it's not for me.
    • Either way, I'm still on the fence.

I went for Choice #3... I've tried some VR attempts in the past, including this one, and I can see the potential appeal behind it.

I prefer to keep video games with a little disconnect; I feel that you can get more involved by enhancing the immersion yourself, through use of imagination. You have to put more of yourself into it, that's why engrossing games keep you submerged in their worlds.

Virtual reality is "too much" for me in the sense that I just don't want to be gaming in that format. I like keyboard/mouse or a gamepad for my mental excursions because I'll be in a virtual reality if the game is good enough anyways.

• Like 1

Well if that's an option, then it makes sense to include this one too...

"I have more money than sense, and I like buying things to make me seem more important than other people."

Yes, that would also work, but thank fully not everyone is that shallow and they actually work hard for their money saving it up over many months.

• Like 2

I could well afford VR (I'm buying a Pro + FFXV UCE in November.. about the same price as the VR bundle).  But I also feel like it is a gimmick/fad, it's not going to last.  Just because we don't like it doesn't mean we're poor.  I used to always get hyped for these gimmicks too but now I have just stopped because I've seen and have had experience with enough of them to know it's not worth it.

• Like 4

No-one has a problem with anyone who is not interested in PSVR, but some of the excuses, rumours even lies spoken across some of the PSVR threads is a little frustrating.

Hence the tongue in cheek comment earlier when I made up an excuse why someone might instantly dismiss it by hating on it for no real reason.

If there's any jab taking then it's going both ways...

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I've tried it and I am psyched for it. It goes to show that most people not interested in it, have not even tried it.

Also, yeah because apparently there were not enough threads yet where people not interested in VR could try to make fun of people who are interested. As if anyone is even changing their opinion because of this bickering any more, or bringing any kind of new information to the table.

• Like 2

Who cares about whether people like it or not though? There's no right or wrong or point to arguing over it. I don't care for Virtual Reality because I never have done so, It's not for me. I'd rather play on a TV using a Controller. Also, I think it's only a trend that will go away so that's my opinion but it's interesting to read other peoples opinions on this, However let's not turn this into a point scoring contest.

Edited by JONNY-1992-_-
  • Like 1

I haven't tried it but I'm not really interested in it. It just seems like a gimmick to me like Wii motion controls were back in the day. But that doesn't have to stop other people from enjoying it.