Ultimate Survivor Trophy. How difficult is it?

DF007gamer

For those who are currently playing Rise of the TR on survivor difficulty is it hard or should I start on a lower difficult to get use to the game mechanics (which then means 2 playthroughs). I want to get the Plat in one playthrough (knowing some trophies I can get with Chapter replay). I have Platinumed the previous TR so just wanted to know how hard it is in comparison. Any tips will be appreciated 

Edited by DF007gamer

Found it pretty easy personally, there's a few skills in the game which are stupidly op like the auto headshots when you zoom with the bow and the brief invulnerability after healing or stealth kills, just make sure you stock up on healing items and you should have no problem. Also, poison arrows are ridiculous, insta kill pretty much everything apart from one enemy type and predator animals.

Edited by liamsalter
  • Like 1

Found it pretty easy personally, there's a few skills in the game which are stupidly op like the auto headshots when you zoom with the bow and the brief invulnerability after healing or stealth kills, just make sure you stock up on healing items and you should have no problem. Also, poison arrows are ridiculous, insta kill pretty much everything apart from one enemy type and predator animals.

Saw some videos with the poison arrows which can kill up to 5 enemies so that I will be using and upgrading the right "skills" as you mentioned. So upgrading Brawler and Survivor is important. Thanks

I've been on the game for around 4 hours and I'm up to the part where Mr_Marty84 was. Upto now it's pretty easy what iv'e been doing is keep on top of my resources so they're never less than 2 thirds down. Because of that the part he got stuck on, I was fully equipped and could heal myself another 15 times so wasn't a problem for me. Also what I did is if I think I sucked at a particular point I just die so it re loads the checkpoint right before I sucked so I get another shot at making it better then the previous atempt. :)

• Like 1

Finding it pretty easy so far. As long as you attempt to be stealthy in any situations you can (stealthy bow kills), you should be fine. It never hurts to stockpile on resources either. I would also like to mention to do side quests and Tombs as soon as possible. Both can yield pretty useful rewards/perks to help you in the game. One tomb in particular I recommend is the one called "Voice of God". The perk you get for solving that Tomb's puzzle is very useful in Survivor difficulty. Another thing to mention is the outfit boosts. I recommend wearing the outfit called "Spirit Weaver". Its outfit boost allows you to occasionally get away with healing yourself without using any resources (as long as you have the resources to at least heal yourself once). The last thing I want to mention is to always be on the lookout for collectibles. Finding collectibles will make you level up faster thus giving you more skill points to work with earlier on in the game.

Well this is about all the tips I can recommend at this point and time. The game is very fun and quite an enjoyable experience. Even on survivor difficulty, you shouldn't have to worry about the game becoming to hard. On survivor difficulty, the game is pretty balanced in terms of difficulty (Not too easy & not too hard). The game will simply always keep you on your toes but should never make you reach the point of frustration.   

• Like 1

I just beat the game on Extreme Survivor. (No autosaves, only saves when you visit camp sites). Honestly it's not hard if you're an avid gamer. Simply use your surroundings to your advantage, along with stealth. If you come into aggressive combat with multiple enemies, rifle = distance, shotgun = short range, Pick off red barrels with your pistol/regular arrows, and switch to poison clouds/bomb arrows/greek fire arrows when you know mobs are on their way. 

• Like 1

I've been on the game for around 4 hours and I'm up to the part where Mr_Marty84 was. Upto now it's pretty easy what iv'e been doing is keep on top of my resources so they're never less than 2 thirds down. Because of that the part he got stuck on, I was fully equipped and could heal myself another 15 times so wasn't a problem for me. Also what I did is if I think I sucked at a particular point I just die so it re loads the checkpoint right before I sucked so I get another shot at making it better then the previous atempt. :)

Definitely going to do tha checkpoint attempts thingy. I'm finding it not too bad and also making sure I'm stocked up of health supplies

Finding it pretty easy so far. As long as you attempt to be stealthy in any situations you can (stealthy bow kills), you should be fine. It never hurts to stockpile on resources either. I would also like to mention to do side quests and Tombs as soon as possible. Both can yield pretty useful rewards/perks to help you in the game. One tomb in particular I recommend is the one called "Voice of God". The perk you get for solving that Tomb's puzzle is very useful in Survivor difficulty. Another thing to mention is the outfit boosts. I recommend wearing the outfit called "Spirit Weaver". Its outfit boost allows you to occasionally get away with healing yourself without using any resources (as long as you have the resources to at least heal yourself once). The last thing I want to mention is to always be on the lookout for collectibles. Finding collectibles will make you level up faster thus giving you more skill points to work with earlier on in the game.

Well this is about all the tips I can recommend at this point and time. The game is very fun and quite an enjoyable experience. Even on survivor difficulty, you shouldn't have to worry about the game becoming to hard. On survivor difficulty, the game is pretty balanced in terms of difficulty (Not too easy & not too hard). The game will simply always keep you on your toes but should never make you reach the point of frustration.   

"Spirit Weaver" going to get that outfit on asap. The collectibles I've been doing from the get go so to get as much XP. Thanks for the tips  

I haven't tried it yet but it gives you the option to change difficulties in the options menu.. or does it just not work?

Simply man start a new game on survivor!! ignore the easy peasy adventurer difficulty !

If you're already started the game NO !

Edit : if you're playing on adventurer you can only change to seasoned raider !

Edited by Rose_Dark

I did it all on Xbox One. Many of the encounters can be got through using stealth tactics/trial and error. The ones that can't aren't that difficult though, shouldn't take you more than a few attempts.

The worst achievement for me was one of the Endurance DLC ones. You have to raid 5 crypts in a row without setting off any traps, but the crumbling floors are sooooo sensitive it's unreal. Sometimes I'd jump over them perfectly and they'd still crumble.

I just finished this on Survivor, just get the health upgrades and have as many of the ingredients to heal as you can hold before large encounters and it won't be much of a problem.

Finding too easy at the moment. I've got all my Brawler upgrades and most of the Hunter and Survival as well. I've been doing mostly the collectibles and side missions which has help to get all the XP. So before I move on with the story I'm making sure to get as much as possible done in that area (Tombs, challanges etc etc). Otherwise the "Survivor difficulty" would have been harder. Gamers who don't do this will find that setting difficult 

I did it all on Xbox One. Many of the encounters can be got through using stealth tactics/trial and error. The ones that can't aren't that difficult though, shouldn't take you more than a few attempts.

The worst achievement for me was one of the Endurance DLC ones. You have to raid 5 crypts in a row without setting off any traps, but the crumbling floors are sooooo sensitive it's unreal. Sometimes I'd jump over them perfectly and they'd still crumble.

Must still get play the Endurance DLC. But thanks for the warning. Don't you have the skill where you can see the traps. I have it atm but does the skills carry over to the DLC

This has to be the easiest game on the hardest difficulty i've ever played. There were only a few moments in the entire game which were somewhat tricky, but apart from those, this game is easy as fuck.

Actually it felt more like a 'normal' difficulty mode for me.

Edited by nickmesselaar
  • Like 1

This has to be the easiest game on the hardest difficulty i've ever played. There were only a few moments in the entire game which were somewhat tricky, but apart from those, this game is easy as fuck.

Actually it felt more like a 'normal' difficulty mode for me.

way to easy for me...

It was actually such a disappointment from a final boss point of view. I kill him in four moves. I spent so much time building up XP and skills for the final boss by doing all side missions and collectibles thinking it would be a pain only to find that it was piss easy on survivor difficulty. I mean what other game do you kill a boss in four moves. Disappointment final ending but the game was great as a whole. So no regrets 

• Like 2

It was actually such a disappointment from a final boss point of view. I kill him in four moves. I spent so much time building up XP and skills for the final boss by doing all side missions and collectibles thinking it would be a pain only to find that it was piss easy on survivor difficulty. I mean what other game do you kill a boss in four moves. Disappointment final ending but the game was great as a whole. So no regrets 

Yeah I agree, the boss was a joke but I too enjoyed the game in general!

• Like 1

The final boss of the previous game is also relatively easy!

It's not that hard on Survivor (a few endless battles did tick me off), but to be honest, I wouldn't recommend Extreme Survivor at all. Not because it's "difficult", but because there are a few weird camera oddities and glitches that come up from time to time, and having to replay a long section because Lara just happened to not get her axe into a cliff isn't my idea of fun.

• 2 months later...