AFK Boosting Method

diskdocx

If anyone wants a slightly longer, but less tedious boost method for the MP Level 10 XP trophy, here is a solution.

I did this myself, using 2 PS3's and playing over LAN, but this would also work online with a boost buddy.

Set up an online lobby, with one of you hosting. Make sure you select only race events. Doesn't matter how many races you choose, as they automatically replay over and over in a loop. You can go with DLC tracks if you are worried about randoms, but online is basically dead, even with this being a Plus freebie this month.

Once both players are in the lobby, the race will automatically start. At this point, simply tape down the :r2: button. I only did this on one controller, but if 2 of you are boosting, have both players tape :r2:

The ATV's will automatically drive forward. They will repeatedly crash/go off course/get turned around, but the game is very generous with respawning you. You will have no problem finishing the races within the 10 minute window (most take about 5 mins).

As the game automatically moves you to the next race event, and the selected tracks replay over and over, you can walk away and leave the game to grind XP.

Fair warning - this is slower than playing legit, as you will only get 500 XP per race (you won't be doing any stunts to gain extra XP), but you can go out/watch a movie/play something else - I started a new game on the PS4 while this finished up.

Did take about 6 hours to go from 40k to 70k, so after winning the 10 races for the DLC, if you did all the boosting AFK it would probably take about 10 hours to reach Rank 10.

• Like 4

I honestly haven't had much trouble finding people to play with this week. I managed to get the level 10 trophy fairly easily. Randoms seem to be average at the game, so if you're feeling confident about your racing skills, you'll easily get first place.

I'm sure by next month the servers will be empty though, so then this method would work quite well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you, worked like a charm. I let both ps3s run overnight, it was done when I woke up.

I started at 8 pm and the trophy popped at 6 am, pretty close to exactly 10 hours, just as you predicted. I used a max horsepower car for my main account and a different one for my 2nd ps3/account. My main account won most times. I set up the second track from the first dlc map as the only track. Races took about 4:30 minutes, including loading times. I did had both controllers hooked up to their respective ps3s so they wouldn't be empty in the morning.