PSVR - do NOT buy!

antithesis

Maybe you should of done a little research before buying it? It was well known the resolution wasn't great. I mean PSVR is the budget headset after all, so you can't expect top quality.

^This, although I believe this is a common thing amongst all headsets at the moment.  The Vive and Oculus are both a bit more powerful but they all run lower resolutions.

Might be a good call for him though since Sony is working on the next iteration of PSVR.  If anyone went into this new piece of hardware thinking it would be perfect they are delusional.  Eh, I guess I can't blame 'em though.  The hype is real with these things.

• Like 1

Best $400 bucks I never spent.

Speaking of sitting too close to the CRT, I'm waiting to hear about the bitchin' eye strain headaches that'll no doubt ensue from having a screen that close to your face for too long. Knowing hardware developers, I'm sure quite a bit of research went into this particular area.

• Like 2

Kind of what I have been saying. I mean who wants to spend 400$ playing mediocre games with a screen attached to your face.

I mean the initial "neat" factor will go away pretty quickly just like Motion controls and 3d did as well. Gimmicks will never replace good storytelling and solid gameplay

Doc, it's not neat, even the XMB looks bloody awful. Text is all smudged and blurry, regardless of vision quality. I can see text bleed and screen-rounding...it's not even close to usable.

I was hoping I could relax back in my seat to play non-VR games and movies in cinema mode, but it was seriously like looking at a mid-80s TV.

I would actually like to know this.

PSVR Room thingy, Resident Evil VR thingy, a movie and Garden Warfare 2, just to test.

Unbearable and thoroughly disappointing are the only words that come to mind.

• Like 2

Doc, it's not neat, even the XMB looks bloody awful. Text is all smudged and blurry, regardless of vision quality. I can see text bleed and screen-rounding...it's not even close to usable.

I was hoping I could relax back in my seat to play non-VR games and movies in cinema mode, but it was seriously like looking at a mid-80s TV.

PSVR Room thingy, Resident Evil VR thingy, a movie and Garden Warfare 2, just to test.

Unbearable and thoroughly disappointing are the only words that come to mind.

The funny thing is there is only a handful of us that actually know what a mid-80s TV looks like :P

So it doesn't even have the Wii Sports "this is fun" factor for the 10-20 minutes until it becomes boring? I mean I trust your opinion (you are up there with Gauss as one of the more trust worthy posters) but that distresses me even more so. I mean I was never expecting this thing to be worth 400$ but that sucks if it doesn't even last the honeymoon stage :(

VR headsets started to pop up in the mid-1990s, and I'm not talking about the Virtual Boy. This is just another generation of gamers being exposed to something old that's received newer technology to make it better.

My point is that our current technology isn't good enough to offer a satisfying VR experience. We should wait for The Matrix to be made.

• Like 1

I have one too and here's my take on it:

The resolution is definitely low, the text on some apps are unreadable unless you manually move your head towards it. That's not the biggest problem though, from what I've personally gathered, if you leave it on for too long the head tracking gets messed up and can potentially cause motion sickness. You're forced to restart your headset at that point.

Overall though, I can say it's a neat device, but there's not too many great games so far (with plats at least :P)

I like it but wouldn't shell out $500 for it

Edit: also there are games that inherently cause motion sickness. I felt really queasy playing the Scavenger game on PSVR Worlds and ESPECIALLY Drive Club VR. Battlezone and Thumper were somewhat bad too.

Edited by Apple_Stems
  • Like 2