Thoughts on the game(s)?

Oobedoob S Benubi

So, what are your thoughts on this game, which comes free with the VR set?

Personally, I feel like I have just been dealt a surprise uppercut by this game. I completely disregarded any info about it because it was "just" the freebie you get with the headset and because it was "just" Playroom.

I did boot it up in the end, just for funsies, and boy am I glad I did... I have not played any multiplayer yet but I have seen the trophy room and I have played the one game you can play alone: Robots Rescue...

If you have Playroom and if you have not tried it out yet, I suggest you play Robots Rescue just for the hell of it. Honestly, the whole level I felt that this is what it would be like if Super Mario went VR. It's almost a Super Mario 64 successor, only it has twenty robots in a level to get to instead of a few stars. The rest is there... bright colors, a catchy tune, a lot of coins and some easily dispatched enemies.

the trophy room 

You just gave me an idea: It'd be cool if people with PSVR could see all the PSN Trophies in a VR room, pick them up with the move controllers, turn them over, etc. Devs could design unique trophies beyond just Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat for their games. It'd make earning these virtual trinkets more rewarding. 

• Like 3

You just gave me an idea: It'd be cool if people with PSVR could see all the PSN Trophies in a VR room, pick them up with the move controllers, turn them over, etc. Devs could design unique trophies beyond just Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat for their games. It'd make earning these virtual trinkets more rewarding. 

It's completely off topic but I feel like you're on to something there... Perhaps not only your trophies, but statuettes could be added for games. For instance you'd get a Batman model if you have finished Arkham Knight...

Sadly this will probably not happen on an outside-of-the-game-itself scale, but it's a cool idea.

• Like 2

That's literally when I though when I booted up the game. It kinda sucks imo how there's only that one level and there's not various of other ones. When my brother got home from school today, the both of us played the other 2 player games and they were a lot of fun. Challenging/funny at times, but extremely fun. I don't see this Platinum being too difficult. You just need to have a good "player 2" lol. The attic level of the Ghost hunter one pissed me off so much that my brother just ended up turning me in the direction of where the ghost was (a helpful tip to anyone who is stuck on this level).

Other than that, the games are really fun! ..Y-You just need to have someone willing to be the "TV person" lmao.

I played the other stuff with the missus now. The cat game was weird, cat moving forward is an auto win. The other games were fun though, played all for a few rounds.

Other than that, the games are really fun! ..Y-You just need to have someone willing to be the "TV person" lmao.

I let my wife try the headset and the slide at the end of Robots Rescue was already too much for her :) she had no problem with being the TV player and letting me keep the headset on :D
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest you play Robots Rescue just for the hell of it. Honestly, the whole level I felt that this is what it would be like if Super Mario went VR. It's almost a Super Mario 64 successor, only it has twenty robots in a level to get to instead of a few stars. The rest is there... bright colors, a catchy tune, a lot of coins and some easily dispatched enemies.

that's so right! It has a real Nintendo feel to it.

Sadly the Nintendo Switch will probably not be powerful enough for VR :(

• 1 year later...

I totally agree, I got my VR booted up the VR Worlds and also Resi, Doom VFR and Skyrim VR. Did not pay much attention to the Playroom but "WOW" the robots rescue level is amazing, it is true immersion in a Mario level. I love it and its great to show off the VR, this really is a missed gem and everyone should play it.

• 10 months later...
On 13/10/2016 at 2:51 PM, Agent 47 said:

If you have Playroom and if you have not tried it out yet, I suggest you play Robots Rescue just for the hell of it. Honestly, the whole level I felt that this is what it would be like if Super Mario went VR. It's almost a Super Mario 64 successor, only it has twenty robots in a level to get to instead of a few stars. The rest is there... bright colors, a catchy tune, a lot of coins and some easily dispatched enemies.

On 14/10/2016 at 11:24 PM, DuckSwimmer said:

That's literally when I though when I booted up the game. It kinda sucks imo how there's only that one level and there's not various of other ones.

On 24/10/2016 at 10:45 AM, Sicho said:

that's so right! It has a real Nintendo feel to it.

Sadly the Nintendo Switch will probably not be powerful enough for VR :(

On 05/01/2018 at 10:20 AM, beastuk1 said:

I totally agree, I got my VR booted up the VR Worlds and also Resi, Doom VFR and Skyrim VR. Did not pay much attention to the Playroom but "WOW" the robots rescue level is amazing, it is true immersion in a Mario level. I love it and its great to show off the VR, this really is a missed gem and everyone should play it.

Found this thread again because I was looking at the DLC trophies.

Just wanted to let all commenters on Robots Rescue know, did you see Astro Bot Rescue Mission? It's basically Robots Rescue made into an entire game. I've played the first world and thought it was great.