demonviper666

Dlc

20 posts in this topic

Doubt it, the VR version is separated from the vanilla versions and they will need an upgrade to be played. Invasion mode DLC doesn't have anything to do with VR except for being playable in VR, from what I've gathered.

EDIT: Well, actually, fuck

Called Invasion Zone, this new mode designed specifically for VR is played in a first person cockpit view, where you take control of a ship armed with the advanced weaponry typical of Stardust: plasma cannons, missiles, EMPs and an Inertial Disruptor. For optimum results, the targeting system is fixed to the pilot’s head movement… look to aim and pull the trigger!

Source.

So it looks like it MIGHT be exclusive to VR. Sorry to say!

Edited by TheYuriG

In the Playstation store it says it is VR required. I think it is stupid they released this as dlc. Now if people want to 100% SSU they will need to shell out 400 dollars to do so.

Edited by snakebit10

this is bs like the little big planet 2 dlc that required you to have a vita

It's been confirmed by people on another site that VR is required for this 100% now. 

I've tried contacting d3t and xdev (the teams responsible for the ps4 port) on twitter for thoughts on whether they will make invasion playable without VR in the future. No response yet.

Well I got the ps3 version for $.99. In the 4 years I've have the game I've been unwilling to spend an extra $8 for the DLC to get the 100%, so this won't change anything for me.

For fucks sake!

What's it with devs and adding stupid trophys to months or years old games lately?

Edited by thekiffer21

It's a sad day when devs think it's ok to expect people to shell out £350+ to complete a game many bought over a year ago. I mean it would've been easy to have it as a standalone list, heck have no trophies at all even if there was a problem with that (DLCs don't require trophies) but clearly they don't much care...

Yeah, I definitely think that Super Stardust Ultra VR should have a separate trophy set!

kinda stupid that the VR content is added as dlc trophy for this game. cant do anything about it so just have to live with it. not like my completion rate is 100%. if that is so, then i am gonna be really pissed.

Wow. People are really salty....

Indeed. I'll get the VR anyway someday and so playing that DLC.

This sucks. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford a VR unit, but that day is not today. I guess my profile won't be at 100% anymore. 

I have PSVR and was stoked to get this DLC as I love everything Super Stardust. Didn't take 5 minutes before I had to take it off from motion sickness. I've gotten the platinum on Playroom VR, 100%'d Batman VR and played every demo that came with it and not a hint of motion sickness until this one. I'm going to keep trying periodically until I work out a method to play this. I'm gonna be so pissed if nausea keeps me from getting this 100%.

For this looking to play, as opposed to other games, you move around a lot of aim by looking at the enemy. The fast movement of the vehicle combined with having to wave your head around like Stevie Wonder makes this a ride on the vomit comet for me. I hope you fare better.

Just found out about this as I was finishing buying dlcs for a couple of games in my backlog... 

This is ridiculous! Great way to make sure I will never touch this game.

Edited by Nebakk

I have PSVR and was stoked to get this DLC as I love everything Super Stardust. Didn't take 5 minutes before I had to take it off from motion sickness. I've gotten the platinum on Playroom VR, 100%'d Batman VR and played every demo that came with it and not a hint of motion sickness until this one. I'm going to keep trying periodically until I work out a method to play this. I'm gonna be so pissed if nausea keeps me from getting this 100%.

For this looking to play, as opposed to other games, you move around a lot of aim by looking at the enemy. The fast movement of the vehicle combined with having to wave your head around like Stevie Wonder makes this a ride on the vomit comet for me. I hope you fare better.

yeah, justed finished this one and took me an hour but afterwards I was feeling it. I think a big problem is that it is so bright and the graphics are not that great.

*An update to my previous comment.* I'm almost done with the DLC and hope to finish it today. I ended up working out a method that's proving effective long enough to run through the entire DLC campaign. I fly a lot and have to use those cold air jets when the turbulence gets too bad. My skin will flush and get warm before I start to sweat. This is a sure sign of motion sickness. I decided to turn on the mini-split AC unit and have it blast cold air on me while I played just like the air jets on a plane. Sure enough it did the trick. Combined with playing while standing and leaning in the direction the pod was moving (I played as much of it without moving as possible) I was able to play through the DLC twice without needing a break. Two more minor trophies and I'll have my 100% back.

Hoping to help anyone else dealing with VR motion sickness.