Hardest time trials?

New display name

Don't go for 3 stars on either Atrium level....just, don't.

Playground 3 and Razmatazz were both really hard for me as well.

Really it comes down to you. I found some of the "harder" ones really easy, and some of the "easier" ones really hard. GL man.

I love this game to death that I went to 3 stars like you did and eventually got 99 stars. Don't listen to others. If you really love this game and don't mind repeating sections over and over then go for it. I made many posts which ones were the hardest.

Here's my take:

Atrium one(without a doubt, the hardest. Took me approx 2-3 hrs. Maybe I'm just bad too lol).

Kinetic(oh boy, you must execute crazy long jumps and wallruns flawlessly).

Actino rise( you must memorize the sharp turns well and learn how to execute the shortcuts well. Also learn how to time your jumps so you vault over obstacles to shave time instead of climbing).

Playground 3( there are two-3 jumps that are either you make it in time if you succeed or you don't if you fail).

There were more hard ones but once you get the hang of it, nothing's impossible :D, especially if you like the game because it'll make you feel more patient.

Good luck friend and feel free to message me. I'll happily respond and help. If you want, yo can even add me to see my ghost runs.

Having got up to 70 stars on a previous account,I remember the shard trials gave me a difficult time. Since I wanna go for the superstar trophy now,what are the 3 hardest trials to attain 3 stars in? I'll make sure to avoid attempting the 3 stars on them lol.

Actually you can get 2 stars on 9 time trials. I didn't play the Pure Time Trials DLC, so can't comment on those. For the main game I found these the hardest:

• Playground 3
  • Cranes 2
  • The Atrium 2

Don't go for 3 stars on either Atrium level....just, don't.

Playground 3 and Razmatazz were both really hard for me as well.

Really it comes down to you. I found some of the "harder" ones really easy, and some of the "easier" ones really hard. GL man.

Thanks. Funny that you mentioned razmatazz as I found that to be one of the easier ones. But it definitely comes down to what one person favours over another.

I love this game to death that I went to 3 stars like you did and eventually got 99 stars. Don't listen to others. If you really love this game and don't mind repeating sections over and over then go for it. I made many posts which ones were the hardest.

Here's my take:

Atrium one(without a doubt, the hardest. Took me approx 2-3 hrs. Maybe I'm just bad too lol).

Kinetic(oh boy, you must execute crazy long jumps and wallruns flawlessly).

Actino rise( you must memorize the sharp turns well and learn how to execute the shortcuts well. Also learn how to time your jumps so you vault over obstacles to shave time instead of climbing).

Playground 3( there are two-3 jumps that are either you make it in time if you succeed or you don't if you fail).

There were more hard ones but once you get the hang of it, nothing's impossible :D, especially if you like the game because it'll make you feel more patient.

Good luck friend and feel free to message me. I'll happily respond and help. If you want, yo can even add me to see my ghost runs.

Thank you,mind if I add you right now? Going through some more chapter speedruns and trials. I really like the game aswell so I don't mind constantly replaying the same trial. Main problem is those dlc ones at the moment Edited by Brandon_Smithy

I'm sorry if this is really off-topic,

but i'm considering to return to this game to finish it up, i own the Pure Trials DLC, are these trials easier than the main game? Thanks in advance.

Some are harder, some are easier. The aesthetic is different which could take a little getting used to, and you haven't played them like the story parts so they might feel awkward at first.

Personally I found both Actino courses to be pretty easy. If you can remember the path they're both doable. And I loved Kinetic, even though a lot of people think it's super hard and annoying.

I'd just recommend playing them all in order. Aim for at least two stars each. If it seems like it's clicking, stick with it and shoot for three. If not then leave it and move on. You can always come back later.

Thanks. Funny that you mentioned razmatazz as I found that to be one of the easier ones. But it definitely comes down to what one person favours over another.Thank you,mind if I add you right now? Going through some more chapter speedruns and trials. I really like the game aswell so I don't mind constantly replaying the same trial. Main problem is those dlc ones at the moment

The pure time trials are ridiculous. I doubt I'll 3 star the ones you've mentioned also since they're pretty annoying aswell.

They're alot harder than the main game in my opinion.

Sure thing buddy. I'll add u once I get home. The dlc imo were harder than regular ones due to the abstract surroundinds vs actual objects in real life. It is very easy to get overwhelmed due to the massive amount of floating blocks but once you memorize the route, then working on executing it is the hardest part. My routes doesn't necessarily mean the fastest but it can definitely get the job done. good luck pal :)

• 1 year later...

I got 69 Stars now, without the DLC Maps.

I think the hardest Maps are:

Playground 3 (I did not really test how close to a 3 Star-Rating I can get here since its known for being very hard and the first jump annoyed me)

Burfield (The second last section is very hard – where you have to do a wallrun followed by a huge jump. I never managed to jump on the little fan on the wall. Took me 1,5h to get the 3 Stars
Atrium 1 + 2 (Both very hard, but 1 is significantly harder than 2. The problem I had with 2 was the long double wallrun section in the middle of the race. Also it depends more on luck than the other timetrails)
Shard 1 (Very strange route and also very hard time with no space for error at all. I Wouldn't recommend to even bother with 3 Stars here)

lets see how hard the DLC Maps are and most likely I'll update this post. 

EDIT: I got my 90 Stars now and I can say now that if you manage to get 69 Stars on the standard trails the 21 missing stars are a walk in the park with the DLC compared to the way to 69 Stars. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

• 1 year later...

I got 90 stars now. These are the ones that weren't 3*:

-Chroma 2*

-Razzmatazz 2*

-Actino Rise 2*

-Reflex 2*

-Reflex Redux 2*

-Playground Three 2*

-Atrium One 2*

-Actino 1*

I personally thought the DLC maps were sucky, was not a fan of the block layout at all, so I made sure I did the base maps as best as possible, only missing out on a star in playground 3 and atrium 1. I would recommend going for 3* on Shard 1, it's very possible with an hour or two practice on the jumps. It will help as some of the DLC maps are very difficult, such as Actino 1 which is just a nightmare. 

• 1 month later...

I platinumed the game both on PS3 and Xbox 360 and also got the 90 stars trophy. Imo, Actino Rise and Atrium 1 were the hardest. They both have one single bs jump that ruins your runs 95% of the time.

In Actino Rise, the very high jump where you have to wallrun+jump+wallclimb+turn is the main difficulty. I sometimes even passed it doing a speed vault and gaining momentum, some other times she just wouldn't grab the damn edge. Very frustrating. And just a bit after that the section where you have wallrun+jump to get over the platform can be a pain cause if you fail, she will grab the plaform very very slowly and you will just lose 3 seconds like that.

As for Atrium 1, the mid-section where you have jump from one horizontal pillar to another is the biggest bs of the game. Sometimes you do a speed vault and you are dead cause there isn't enough space to jump right after even if you smash LB like a maniac. Sometimes for some reason you can actually connect with a jump. I must have practiced this single part for hours and never saw any logic whether i fall right away or was able to jump to the other pillar. I thought it had something to do with your speed, or the height up to which you do the wallrun+jump to reach the first pillar but no .... In the same level the very last piece of metal you use as a wall to reach the top platform is also very buggy.

I passed Playgrounds 3 and Actino quite quickly but i also admit they are shit : P3 forces you to make a series of nasty jumps on very tiny bars and the detection is horrible. The one at the beginning is not the hardest actually and I had to use the wallrunkick glitch to save 2 or 3 seconds instead of jumping from the bumper. Actino also has the dummest jump at the very beginning where you have to connect 2 jump+coil and then aim for a very far platform that wasn't even designed for being reached that way.

Eventually most of the trials are great cause all you have to do is run fast and connect all your moves smoothly but few ones require you to do some stupid moves that were not supposed to be done but the 3 stars are just too tight if you don't do these dumbass moves (another example : Shard 1, if you dont double jump on the tiny piece of vent at around 20 seconds to get 2 checkpoints at once, then you waste 4 or 5 seconds if you take the other "normal but fast" path... instead of getting 3 stars on my 1st run, it took me 30 minutes to just master that retarded jump and eventually get the 3 stars, didn't even practice the rest of the level, how dumb is that ...).

Edited by Spike_Hostile17

• 3 years later...

I just got the 90 Stars trophy. These are the time trials I didn't get 3 stars on.

Actino

Actino Rise

Atrium One

Chroma 

Cranes Two 

Kinetic 

Playground Three

Shard One

Shard Two

I probably could have gotten 3 stars on Shard Two, but it was my last trial left in the game and I only needed 2 stars to get the 90 star trophy. I didn't want to waste time trying to get 3 stars for that map if I didn't need to. 

Edited by x7251

• 1 month later...

This and the other thread (Easiest Time trials?) were a huge help.

I got 3 stars on everything except:

2 Stars

- Atrium One (inconsistent middle section was getting very annoying, so I moved on)
- Playground Three (long, meandering, strict timing)
- Shard One (tricky jumps required, strict timing)

0 Stars

- Actino (very difficult and precise jumps, I didn't try long)

- Actino Rise (didn't even bother after experiencing Actino and seeing the climb).

For me the cost of getting of learning a new map to get 2 stars was most effort than just going for the third star on a map I already knew well (because I got two stars on it).

Other Resources

Ovendonkey's videos on YouTube -- these walkthroughs were a massive help especially early on when I didn't really understand the the game all that well.

Ax10's videos on YouTube -- for the DLC's trials, I picked up a bunch of extra tips from these videos because I found that sometimes Ax10 had easier routes that were just as fast.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2018 at 11:37 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

I got 69 Stars now, without the DLC Maps.

I think the hardest Maps are:

Playground 3 (I did not really test how close to a 3 Star-Rating I can get here since its known for being very hard and the first jump annoyed me)

Burfield (The second last section is very hard – where you have to do a wallrun followed by a huge jump. I never managed to jump on the little fan on the wall. Took me 1,5h to get the 3 Stars
Atrium 1 + 2 (Both very hard, but 1 is significantly harder than 2. The problem I had with 2 was the long double wallrun section in the middle of the race. Also it depends more on luck than the other timetrails)
Shard 1 (Very strange route and also very hard time with no space for error at all. I Wouldn't recommend to even bother with 3 Stars here)

lets see how hard the DLC Maps are and most likely I'll update this post. 

EDIT: I got my 90 Stars now and I can say now that if you manage to get 69 Stars on the standard trails the 21 missing stars are a walk in the park with the DLC compared to the way to 69 Stars. 

Burfield is actually kinda free if you use a specific shortcut, which isn't that hard to pull off. Atrium 1 and Shard 1 are definitely the hardest time trials of the main game imo. Stormdrains 3 also has a neat shortcut nowadays, but was a bit tricky back in the days.

• 4 weeks later...

How so few people are mentioning Cranes 2 is far beyond me. The last jump is flippin' cancer. I've spent over an hour just practicing that section and not a single time could I make the jump. I've tried all kinds of variations when exactly TO jump as well as all kinds of variations when to coil. Not a single time did I land that jump.

What's even more confusing is a video guide I've seen where the player uses no sort of shortcuts, quick turns or side jump boosts. Not only does his normal run net him an overall better time that mine up to the jump, he also makes that jump while clearly being slower than me.

I can understand that with runs where I'm messing up big time. But in nearly flawless runs up to the final jump I cannot understand how he can be faster. I also tried copying his approach by running the normal way but I couldn't even make other jumps because I was lacking speed. I don't get how he can make all those jumps with a lower speed than mine.

Either way I generally don't like these time trials but tough it out and work myself threw them. But man, that Cranes 2 is just something else. Even if I do perfectly I don't save enough time I could waste on the last jump. =/

Edited by Ivotas

On 10/22/2023 at 1:37 AM, Ivotas said:

How so few people are mentioning Cranes 2 is far beyond me. The last jump is flippin' cancer. I've spent over an hour just practicing that section and not a single time could I make the jump. I've tried all kinds of variations when exactly TO jump as well as all kinds of variations when to coil. Not a single time did I land that jump.

What's even more confusing is a video guide I've seen where the player uses no sort of shortcuts, quick turns or side jump boosts. Not only does his normal run net him an overall better time that mine up to the jump, he also makes that jump while clearly being slower than me.

I can understand that with runs where I'm messing up big time. But in nearly flawless runs up to the final jump I cannot understand how he can be faster. I also tried copying his approach by running the normal way but I couldn't even make other jumps because I was lacking speed. I don't get how he can make all those jumps with a lower speed than mine.

Either way I generally don't like these time trials but tough it out and work myself threw them. But man, that Cranes 2 is just something else. Even if I do perfectly I don't save enough time I could waste on the last jump. =/

Cranes 2 was one of the time trials I skipped. Are you going for the 100%? If you are, I recommend going for 3 stars on the DLC time trials Flow, Razzmatazz, Reflex, Reflex Redux, Synesthesia, and Velocity. 

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, x7251 said:

Cranes 2 was one of the time trials I skipped. Are you going for the 100%? If you are, I recommend going for 3 stars on the DLC time trials Flow, Razzmatazz, Reflex, Reflex Redux, Synesthesia, and Velocity. 

Yes, I'm going for the 100%. I was planning to get 3 stars on all main game trophies so that I don't have to do that for the Pure time trials as I heard that they are even more insane. So if you say that some of these are actually not that bad, this truly helps out big time. Thank you very much.^^

7 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Yes, I'm going for the 100%. I was planning to get 3 stars on all main game trophies so that I don't have to do that for the Pure time trials as I heard that they are even more insane. So if you say that some of these are actually not that bad, this truly helps out big time. Thank you very much.^^

I did the 100% few weeks ago. Maybe my post helps you a little bit

I would rate the main game with a 7/10 difficulty.
DLC maybe a 8/10 
and if you really needed 99 stars instead of 90 I would say this would be a 9/10.

Also few tips :
A guy named "Ovendonkey" on YT have tutorials for all Time Trials. Here is the playlist and I also had a few tips of a friend of mine who plays this game regularly on a daily basis.

3 small tips:
1. Learn the "Side Jump Boost" which is very easy and really useful.
2. when you wallrun use the L2 button to slow down.
3. Use the wall run (L1) and while running kick (r2) on some trials. It helps you to not get damage from fall damage / you don't have to roll which saves a little bit time on some maps.

And here is my list of all trials and how many Stars I get for the Superstar trophy.

DLC:
Chroma - 2 stars
Flow - 3 stars
Razzmatazz - 2 stars
Velocity - 2 stars
Kinetic - 3 stars
Actino - 2 stars
Actino Rise - 2 stars
Reflex - 2 stars
Reflex Redux - 1 star ( this was my last trial and I only needed 1 star )
Synthesia - 3 stars

main game:
Playground 1 - 3 stars
Playground 2 - 3 stars
Playground 3 - 3 stars
Edge - 3 stars
Arland - 3 stars
Flight - 3 stars
Chase - 3 stars
Stormdrains 1 - 3 stars
Stormdrains 2 - 3 stars
Stormdrains 3 - 3 stars
Heat - 3 stars
Burfield - 3 stars
Cranes 1 - 3 stars
Cranes 2 - 3 stars
New Eden - 3 stars
Factory - 3 stars
Office - 3 stars
Convoy 1 - 3 stars
Convoy 2 - 3 stars
Atrium 1 - 2 stars (hardest trial in the main game imo)
Atrium 2 - 3 stars
Shard 1 - 3 stars
Shard 2 3 stars

@Eraezr no, if you are only want to do the plat and also have the dlcs. it's easier because you have more level to choose.

• Like 1

Lol, I really don't understand the way of the world sometimes. I just planned to move on from Cranes 2 after your feedback @x7251 but I accidentally clicked on it by reflex instead of the next trial. I figured I might aswell do a half-assed attempt and move on. However, to by big surprise I just cleared it with 3 stars!

Like wtf? I didn't even do anything differently. That final jump just worked this time. No idea why but I'll gladly take it. On to the next horrors I guess.^^'

49 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

3 small tips:
1. Learn the "Side Jump Boost" which is very easy and really useful.
2. when you wallrun use the L2 button to slow down.
3. Use the wall run (L1) and while running kick (r2) on some trials. It helps you to not get damage from fall damage / you don't have to roll which saves a little bit time on some maps.

Thank you for the feedback mate. Greatly appreciated. Might I ask you in what situation L2 during a wallrun comes in handy? I just ask because it seems like a double edged sword.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Is platinum difficulty still high with the DLC?

Basically yes, since if you dont care for 100% the DLC you have much more room for error 😉 Thats why I bought the DLC cause Im not good at these Time Trials and was able to get about 63 stars with the DLC 😁 and skipped the ones "that made me pull my hair out" 🤣👍

33 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Thank you for the feedback mate. Greatly appreciated. Might I ask you in what situation L2 during a wallrun comes in handy? I just ask because it seems like a double edged sword.

I only used it for Atrium 2. The part where I used it begins at the 4 min mark. I never used it anywhere else (because I didn't knew it hahaha) but yeah.. You don't need this except for this part imo.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I only used it for Atrium 2. The part where I used it begins at the 4 min mark. I never used it anywhere else (because I didn't knew it hahaha) but yeah.. You don't need this except for this part imo.

Thank you very much. I'm not that far yet as I'm working myself through the list top to bottom. And this is one of my least favorite sections in the game so I'm sure it will come in handy.^^

• Like 1