Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood Expansion Teaser Trailer

Xel

Aww new level cap will be 70 :( but more inventory space will be great :D

There were a couple of people in my FC doing a play by play for us who didn't and they all commented on how the Savage Raid content was met with lukewarm reception, but the "EXTREME" bag expansion had people foaming at the mouth.

FFXIV dropping PS3 support.

Final Fantasy XIV‘s next expansion Stormblood was announced today at the game’s Fan Festival in Las Vegas. Slated for release early next Summer, the team revealed (to cheers) that support for PlayStation 3 will end when the expansion launches. If you wish to continue playing the game after the expansion, you’ll need to upgrade to a PlayStation 4. To make this easier, Square Enix and Sony will be partnering for a new upgrade campaign closer to launch where — if you buy a PlayStation 4 — it will be at no extra cost.

Director/producer Naoki Yoshida added that he thanked every fan who bought a copy of the game on PlayStation 3, acknowledging that the platform was instrumental in reviving Final Fantasy XIV with A Realm Reborn‘s launch in 2013.

Meanwhile, on the Windows side of things, the team revealed they will be raising the minimum specs of Final Fantasy XIV at Stormblood‘s launch. Specifically, they encourage you to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system to get the most out of the expansion.

During a Q&A panel later on today, Yoshida was asked about the possibility for NX (Nintendo) support. Yoshida’s response was that their policy is to have everyone who has Final Fantasy XIV play together [on the same servers]. While this isn’t a direct yes or no, Yoshida’s response echoes similar comments he’s made regarding a possible Xbox One version of the game in the past. This stance will determine, it seems, if Final Fantasy XIV will release on any current or future platform.

Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood will release in Early Summer 2017 for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Mac.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/10/final-fantasy-xiv-dropping-playstation-3-support-stormblood-expansion/

• Like 1

Guys, don't you think that women with the red suit is Yda?

I think it's Thancred.

Lore wise I'm excited to go to Ala Mhigo.  After the culmination of the Warriors of Darkness storyline in 3.4 I have to say I was left wanting more.  I haven't liked Hydaelyn since she forced *redacted* to give up their individuality and serve as a mouth piece.  It made me question the validity of being a Warrior of "Light" then, low and behold, here are antagonists that directly address that question. I just... wanted more from both that story arc and those antagonists. 

At least now I know that "more" will result in a possible dancer or red mage class, more inventory, no more damn snow, and more Garleans to beat up.  Here's hoping Raubaun gets some sexy screen time reclaiming his homeland.

Edited by Bucknerd

It's a dancer definitely..

We already know that Red Mages may use swords (Rapier to be more precise) in FFXIV.

Alisaie in the last patch shown this when she drew a rapier out of her grimoire and used magic to attack with it.

No, these are new classes.. MNKs do not dance around like that. :P

Those are monk moves in game made to look fancier. She also change stances in the trailer. Maybe they have sub class skills of the new classes maybe. Cant tell. Anything could be possible. At first i thought she was a dancer too but just way too many monk skills. My main is a mnk and see them immediately. So maybe Mnk/Dancer. Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Those are monk moves in game made to look fancier. She also change stances in the trailer. Maybe they have sub class skills of the new classes maybe. Cant tell. Anything could be possible. At first i thought she was a dancer too but just way too many monk skills. My main is a mnk and see them immediately. So maybe Mnk/Dancer.

The guy is maybe a MNK, but the female is definitely something different I think, MNK and DNC look like they might play similar, so very possible they are going back on their word and splitting jobs.  It would be interesting having a MNK that concentrates more on support skills (being in the range for the dances could give the rest of the party buffs and so on).  Tbh.. there was only one way Dancer was going to be anyways and that was melee, either as Support/DPS or Healer/DPS.

Ummm...Thancred is a rogue guy, not the female monk (or perhaps dancer). :blink: 

You're right.  The dancer/monk is obviously Ramuh.  Just imagine Ramuh in female Thav gear.  You're welcome. :) :3

I personally hope Dancer is Healer/DPS.  I'd be surprised if Red Mage doesn't come after Yoshi's Scarlet Witch shirt hint, but the red clad girl is not a Red Mage.  Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking.  Dancer would be one of the few classes capable of tempting me away from my WHM main.

For what it's worth this image has the character in question holding a monk like weapon or a knife.

stormblood.jpg

Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 2

I could def see Dancer as a healer/dps or even Healer/support like in Final Fantasy 11.

You're right.  The dancer/monk is obviously Ramuh.

I personally hope Dancer is Healer/DPS.  I'd be surprised if Red Mage doesn't come after Yoshi's Scarlet Witch shirt hint, but the red clad girl is not a Red Mage.  Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking.  Dancer would be one of the few classes capable of tempting me away from my WHM main.

But a Dancer can't fight if they were healer. The healer are supposed to focus and heals on their party members, not to fight.

You're right.  The dancer/monk is obviously Ramuh.  Just imagine Ramuh in female Thav gear.  You're welcome. :) :3

For what it's worth this image has the character in question holding a monk like weapon or a knife.

stormblood.jpg

Good spot out.

146723_original.jpg

FFXI dancers used knives so it's looking more likely she is a dancer.  Wonder why she didn't have her knife out in the teaser though.  :hmm:

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

You haven't played SCH then. :P

Oh yeah...I totally forgot that, too...  :facepalm: And I have played all of classes..

Good spot out.

146723_original.jpg

FFXI dancers used knives so it's looking more likely she is a dancer.  Wonder why she didn't have her knife out in the teaser though.  :hmm:

Maybe she's doing dancing pose.

Edited by Kamen Rider Ghost
  • Like 1

So no patch 3.5?

Nah.  For one thing they'll want to ramp up the story more before the expansion and probably issue the third pillar of the Warring Triad.  They just aren't talking about it yet.  We'll get a 3.5 and maybe a 3.55.  SE isn't one to deviate from what they've done in the past.

• Like 1