Session tips

VoidVanquished

I set up a session and no one is joining. Do you guys have any tips on popular days or times to host? I am just not having any luck.

What are you talking about? One gamer joined the session.

It seems that you created the session well in advance, so you could post a status update with a link to the session to promote it. Another thing would be to look at the recent players list and message the ones who need the mp trophies too.

Might have to keep pushing the time back until enough people see the session and decide to join. Games like The Last of Us, you have to beat people off with a stick because there's not enough spaces. There might not be enough people looking for those two trophies on that specific day for that game. It's happened to me a couple times, that I've had to keep pushing the time back until enough people were interested.

not sure how popular your game is but i'm guessing not very popular if no one is joining in which case you may have to take a more active approach...had a similar situation with ken's rage 2...my solution was to do as dragon suggested above and look at the trophy list...beside it you will see a list of recent players...message some of them who have not earned the trophy(ies) and see if they would be willing to help you...i'm also the member of another site that has boosting threads for all games so i went into them and looked up all the players who had been asking for help and hadn't earned the trophies i wanted to boost...within 24 hours we had more than enough players and we all got our trophies a day or two later...being flexible on time and date can help as well as i think it was 10pm for me (which is actually my usual time to come online) when we all got together and finished at like 4:30-5 in the morning...i also find that sometimes more people will join if the session date is getting closer so, as annoying as it is, the day your session is set to expire, push it back a day and continue daily till you have enough players...make sure to update your status in session so that the player(s) who have joined know that you will start when you have enough players as in "thanks for joining, i will push this back a day at-a-time until we have enough players"...some communication will also be needed once enough people have joined to work out best possible date and time...not sure of your session settings but i always do unlimited spaces and everyone can join as settings as sort of a welcoming sign...also a note like "first come, first served" often helps the awkward situtation when you have an extra player who is asking to join a full session which includes some time-demanding trophies...last note is that being the leader of the session means being the leader of a session to me so expect people to want you to kind of get things going which includes organizing the group, suggesting times/dates, adding people up on psn, adding people to a chat, knowing how to go about getting the trophies, taking the lead in communications, etc...i know it seems obvious but the more prepared you are the more chance of success...other than that i would say patience is key if you're going to take a passive approach...just another off topic note is that when going for trophies rather than having the "who goes first?" issue i always do alphabetical order of id which to this date has not gotten one single complaint but has made me last to earn a trophy on more than one occasion ...