Rockstar teasing Red Dead 3 announcement?

Venocide

I shouldn't get too excited but damn I'm excited!

It's cool that they call it Red Dead Redemption 2 because no one gives a shit about Revolver.

Except Red Dead Redemption 2 doesn't exactly roll of the tongue. :P Which is a little bit of a shame since the last title was timeless. But in the end it's the game we're all here for not the title so roll on 2017!

Because it's RDR3 in any case, obviously.

Apparently Rockstar disagrees with you.

Anyway, as damon said, if you thought the hype and letdown of No Mans Sky was bad, just wait for this game after it's delay or two. People are going to nitpick every little detail they can about this game in every announcement.

Hint: be excited but keep it all a mystery and try not to look up anything about the game until it's available. Trust me, you'll survive the anticipation.

• Like 1

I will fight my way in the store for the last copy once it comes out! Although I'm quite sad they called it RDR 2 instead of something cooler, my hype lowered a bit since it's a continuation and I don't like when a game with a proper storyline gets continued because it's usually bad and made for money, hopefully I'm wrong.

I was really excited until I read these statements:

"Interactive", "truly living world"... this gets me really worried, I hope they don't do a fully online/co-op game. I've always been a huge Rockstar fan, but after GTA V something changed, it's like a lost a friend.

Same, it's not sounding too good but hopefully Rockstar will put single player in. Think it would be shooting themselves in the foot for it to be an online only game.

Another game about Redemption? To be honest i was hoping for a new story focus but great news either way :D 

The title has got me very worried though ( I agree with the others. dumb name ) . Please dont let it be Jack Marston. Anything but him  xD

Cant wait for the trailer  :D

CvDTzvUXEAAqQyD.jpg

I wasn't expecting Rockstar to go with that name.

Red Dead Rising: Revengeance

Lol, now I totally imagine Raiden in a cowboy costume slicing everything in the Wild West :lol:.

Year in advance is too early for a game announcement. 20 year olds with nothing better to do are going to be nitpicking this to death for every little bit of info that comes out, for a year. A year. I'm already tired.

Yeah it's too bad they're going to tie you up to a chair, glue a screen to the face, and force you to follow all that nitpicking for a year. It's not like you can ignore it :P.

• Like 4

Yeah it's too bad they're going to tie you up to a chair, glue a screen to the face, and force you to follow all that nitpicking for a year. It's not like you can ignore it :P.

Yeah, it's too bad I won't be able to visit any video game website for a year for any sort of non-RDR related news. I'll miss you guys. Probably not.

Edited by damon8r351

I kind of understand where damon is coming from. If he does visit other gaming websites, They're going to cover just about every bit of the game until it's released because it gets hits. Most gaming websites will have stupid headlines with questions like "Why is RDR2's sunset orange?" or "Does RDR2 have a female protagonist?". Even our real life gaming friends will go on and on and on about the smallest bit of details that no one will care about when the game releases.

I kind of understand where damon is coming from. If he does visit other gaming websites, They're going to cover just about every bit of the game until it's released because it gets hits. Most gaming websites will have stupid headlines with questions like "Why is RDR2's sunset orange?" or "Does RDR2 have a female protagonist?". Even our real life gaming friends will go on and on and on about the smallest bit of details that no one will care about when the game releases.

You can just ignore any articles about RDR2 and tell your friends you don't want to know anything about the game until it's released. I'm doing the same for Persona 5, Tales of Berseria, Sword Art Online Hollow Realization, so it's definitely possible.

Nooo...

1) High chance of playing as stupid Jack.. Idk why I disliked him.

2) With R* hinting that online will be big, I'm afraid it'll end up like gta5. Hope they prove me wrong though.

Your not alone. Most people hated him  :P

I actually like that the multiplayer will be big provided the story is just as long. I had a great time in free roam with friends in Redemption. I just hope we can use the lasso in online this time.

• Like 1

Lol, now I totally imagine Raiden in a cowboy costume slicing everything in the Wild West :lol:.

Now I just want a scene where he fights off Mexican banditos who make the dumb mistake of trying to rob him. He leaves one alive but carves the number 2 on his shirt then says "Adios, amigos!" while riding off on a cyborg horse with a chainsaw tail (and no I don't care if it's inaccurate), his clever Spanish disguise flying off into the wind. The bandit then looks at his shirt and says "Dos?" which then teases Rising 2.

But that won't happen because it's too cool. I can dream though at least. Konami can't take that away from me :[

• Like 2

You can just ignore any articles about RDR2 and tell your friends you don't want to know anything about the game until it's released. I'm doing the same for Persona 5, Tales of Berseria, Sword Art Online Hollow Realization, so it's definitely possible.

That might be easy for you, but when you go to something as simple as PlaystationLifestyle to check something else entirely unrelated, and without clicking anything else you'll see that the top story is "Analyst predicts Red Dead Redemption 2 to blow past 15 million sales"; no trailer, no screenshots, no specs, no real information, just a couple bits of concept art and a mumbled statement about a new online experience. Already predicting 15 million sales. If it was a pile of dog crap on my front lawn, it'd not yet be done steaming, that's how new the announcement is. 15 million sales. All I did was type in an url and click nothing else, and I already need a cigarette and a bottle of aspirin. And that was just a simple headline I scrolled. We just went through something like this barely 2 months ago, where we all decided if a certain someone wasn't running his mouth all the time keep the hype train steaming ahead, we'd have not known what his game should've had but didn't. And I seriously feel like I'm the straight man in a Coen Brothers movie. No, I'll not be changing my habits simply because once again a game developer is announcing too early and once again everyone is getting suckered into it.

Your not alone. Most people hated him  :P

I actually like that the multiplayer will be big provided the story is just as long. I had a great time in free roam with friends in Redemption. I just hope we can use the lasso in online this time.

Oh glad I don't feel left out. Phew!

Also if the MP is done correctly I believe this game will be great. My only issue with gta5 online was its buggy start( I'm talking floating cars, invisible people, people going into my apartment, unlimited money, loooooong loading times, etc). I played that game at launch so I can only imagine what this could be lol. Thankfully they fixed it and it became great. They only left a slightly sour taste in my mouth as I was expecting a story dlc perhaps like in gta4 but nope, nothing. Also they completely neglected last gen soo.. :(

I have high hopes in R* though. Let's hope this bombs but until then, I'm going to cut off all hype and media around me to avoid spoilers and hints as well as to not be swayed by others' opinions.

• Like 1

Now I just want a scene where he fights off Mexican banditos who make the dumb mistake of trying to rob him. He leaves one alive but carves the number 2 on his shirt then says "Adios, amigos!" while riding off on a cyborg horse with a chainsaw tail (and no I don't care if it's inaccurate), his clever Spanish disguise flying off into the wind. The bandit then looks at his shirt and says "Dos?" which then teases Rising 2.

But that won't happen because it's too cool. I can dream though at least. Konami can't take that away from me :[

It's not exactly the Wild West, but there's always this cutscene :awesome:

That might be easy for you, but when you go to something as simple as PlaystationLifestyle to check something else entirely unrelated, and without clicking anything else you'll see that the top story is "Analyst predicts Red Dead Redemption 2 to blow past 15 million sales"; no trailer, no screenshots, no specs, no real information, just a couple bits of concept art and a mumbled statement about a new online experience. Already predicting 15 million sales. If it was a pile of dog crap on my front lawn, it'd not yet be done steaming, that's how new the announcement is. 15 million sales. All I did was type in an url and click nothing else, and I already need a cigarette and a bottle of aspirin. And that was just a simple headline I scrolled. We just went through something like this barely 2 months ago, where we all decided if a certain someone wasn't running his mouth all the time keep the hype train steaming ahead, we'd have not known what his game should've had but didn't. And I seriously feel like I'm the straight man in a Coen Brothers movie. No, I'll not be changing my habits simply because once again a game developer is announcing too early and once again everyone is getting suckered into it.

I agree that articles like that are useless and are only there to encourage the hype, but that's how things are now. If things like these causes you to stress so much, try to let it go. Just say to yourself: "this is what's going to happen until the release and no matter how much I dislike it, that won't change anything". If you're that adamant about not changing habits, then better stock up on cigarettes and aspirins.

It's not exactly the Wild West, but there's always this cutscene :awesome:

<video snip>

I love that scene and all the cheesy moments. After posting that last night before going to bed I was thinking of Wild West Metal Gear where all the characters are just Wild West versions of MGS characters, except Ocelot stays the same. Then I started thinking of all the stuff they would say and sound like, such as Campbell saying "Dagnabbit Snake, does Liquid's gang have access to a nukular weapon!?" and when Liquid reveals himself he says "Howdy Snake! Did ya fancy my sunglasses?" And then Metal Gear REX would be like a giant steam powered robot.

Man I wish I could draw like a professional so I could draw these ideas out.

I love that scene and all the cheesy moments. After posting that last night before going to bed I was thinking of Wild West Metal Gear where all the characters are just Wild West versions of MGS characters, except Ocelot stays the same. Then I started thinking of all the stuff they would say and sound like, such as Campbell saying "Dagnabbit Snake, does Liquid's gang have access to a nukular weapon!?" and when Liquid reveals himself he says "Howdy Snake! Did ya fancy my sunglasses?" And then Metal Gear REX would be like a giant steam powered robot.

Man I wish I could draw like a professional so I could draw these ideas out.

Same here :highfive:.

I haven't played any other Metal Gear game besides Revengeance, so I don't know any of the characters you mention :|.