Demo impressions

BlazingCat83

I didnt play the demo, however i dont think i could see myself paying $80 for it, especially with Skyrim, Call of Duty, PS4 Pro, and Watch Dogs 2, all paid off and coming out very close to release of FF. ill have to wait for a price drop and until i can dedicate time to it

do you mean $60?  Is there something I don't know about (dlc etc?)?  It's only $40 on vita!

A warm Final Fantasy nostalgia hug. I'm digging the battle system it has interesting mechanics, and the art style is eye-catching. It's adorable and fun. A must buy for me. 

I'm glad to hear this. The trophies were a disappointment, but it seems Square might finally get the nostalgia thing right here.

Feels kinda like Pokemon .. Shame they chose fucking chibi shit for the art style ..

You, sir, have the boorish manners of a Yalie!  :angry:

• Like 3

He's Canadian, and new games cost $80 here.

$80 is not the whole story.  With taxes, they actually come to just over $90.  Gaming is expensive lol.

As for the game, I actually forgot the demo came out, but I am looking forward to this game.  May try the demo tonight if I can still access it.

EDIT: Nvm, it looks like I cannot access the demo.  It won't be a day one purchase, but with good reviews I may get it early on.  Civ 6 is going to be tugging at my wallet as well though.

Edited by Sir_Bee

You, sir, have the boorish manners of a Yalie!  :angry:

I got clue what any of that meant ... 

giphy.gif

The fucking chibi shit is the best part of the game.

giphy.gif

Graphics dont make a game good or bad - unless you're talking Telltale GoT, it's just they look like they got overgrown brain tumours :P

I got clue what any of that meant ... 

giphy.gif

Graphics dont make a game good or bad - unless you're talking Telltale GoT, it's just they look like they got overgrown brain tumours :P

Graphics absolutely can make a game good or bad.  In your case, if you cannot stand to look at the screen because of how it looks, you are less likely to enjoy or even play the game.  The flip side is also true, for some people, a lot can be forgiven for a beautiful environment.  It all depends on what the individual players want from the games they play.

He's Canadian, and new games cost $80 here.

Canadian Dollar =/= US Dollar. 80 CAD is about 60 USD, still kinda much but not as much as you're making it to be.

There's always superior 60 CAD Vita version  :awesome:

But yeah, sucks for Canadians. Here in EU Vita version is about 30 GBP which is 48CAD/36USD.

• Like 1

Graphics absolutely can make a game good or bad.  In your case, if you cannot stand to look at the screen because of how it looks, you are less likely to enjoy or even play the game.  The flip side is also true, for some people, a lot can be forgiven for a beautiful environment.  It all depends on what the individual players want from the games they play.

It's not that I can't stand to look at the screen. It's just it looks stupid as hell to me. Personally, I'm fine with bad graphics as long as the game is good. Gameplay, story and characters will always trump graphics for me. The only reason GoT bugs me is they use 2 or 3 different art styles at the same time and it's just weird as hell.

It's not that I can't stand to look at the screen. It's just it looks stupid as hell to me. Personally, I'm fine with bad graphics as long as the game is good. Gameplay, story and characters will always trump graphics for me. The only reason GoT bugs me is they use 2 or 3 different art styles at the same time and it's just weird as hell.

It was a hypothetical if.  And if you can hate the graphics because they look stupid as hell, and still want to play the game, then you are not one of the ones who holds graphics in high regard, as it seems you aren't.  :)

do you mean $60? Is there something I don't know about (dlc etc?)? It's only $40 on vita!

Canada's prices cause economy and currency exchange is garbage.

Considering I buy lots of games I have no issue paying 80. But I have others as a priority. Also for the record I don't think our prime minister will fix the dollar value. Ever.

Edited by LegacyJKO09

Chibi + Final Fantasy = Instant Nope

Well, I'm not a chibi fan in general, that'd go for pretty much any game. But seeing the FF characters as chibis rather than their regular appearance just made it worse for me due to me knowing how they'd look otherwise. The not so great English voice acting, no Japanese VA in the demo and mediocre gameplay made me delete it after playing less than ten minutes. No way I'm buying this game.

Maybe I'd consider it if there were no other games for me to play, but I'm already overwhelmed with what I own/preordered.