I love dying light, Should I try Dead Island?

Dead Island isn't as great as Dying Light. The controls are funky and there had been rage about glitches and bugs. But its not as bad as some say it is. I enjoyed it even when it was on ps3.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Dead Island isn't as great as Dying Light. The controls are funky and there had been rage about glitches and bugs. But its not as bad as some say it is. I enjoyed it even when it was on ps3.

thanks.

so even the definitive version has bugs and glitches?

I personally found Dead Island more enjoyable than Dying Light. Despite what people will say about Dead Island, it is a good game.

thanks. so I think i should try it.

I enjoyed Riptide quite a bit. It's worth trying. You also might enjoy the Mirror's Edge series. Dying Light is basically the love child of Dead Island and Mirror's Edge.

I love Mirror's Edge.  :D  

I platinum-ed catalyst recently.  

so even the definitive version has bugs and glitches?

Yes. They didn't really fix anything but only made it prettier with a overlay or some blooming effect.

Absolutely. Just the weird part of transitioning from Dying Light to Dead Island is that the movement is different. So it's not all parkour-ie. It's still a really fun game. I've only played the beginning of Riptide. I wanna get more into it, but I need to find somebody who has it :P You get a trophy for doing the entire story with somebody if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

Be careful playing Riptide in co-op, as the Legendary Monsters only spawn once, and whoever gets the killshot gets credit towards the trophy. The other person will get credit for the quest, and most of the time this will glitch their game because it thinks you have killed all 18 of the Legendary Monsters, but you may have only killed 15. The game will say 18/18 and that the trophy is unlocked, but it's not. You'll need to restart the game from the beginning and rekill all 18 monsters, because a glitch can and most likely will happen that killing the couple that you didn't prior doesn't unlock the trophy. Tested this myself and so did my friend that I played co-op with.

I've got the plat in Dying Light, Dead Island, and Riptide. I enjoyed Dying Light the most, but that doesn't mean the Dead Island games are bad. If you like hacking zombies and killing them in many different ways, Dead Island is certainly for you!

I'd hold off on getting them until the end of October because they will likely be on sale at some point this month

Edited by CL5INT0N2

• 2 months later...
On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:01 PM, THE_W1TCHER said:

I pretty much Love dying light. I have completed it on pc and I'm now playing it on Ps4 and it's still so much fun.

I don't play coop and I don't mind fetch quests Like the ones in dying light.

so should I try it?

trophy wise can I boost coop trophies easily? 

I started playing it PS4 last night for a bit before bed and again for a little while this morning and completed almost all the coop trophies with a few hours and that's including the prologue on solo. The coop trophies were also easy to get on the PS3 as well (platinumed DI and Riptide on PS3). The only really tricky one is to play with four unique characters. There is one to complete 5 quests with 3 other people but there was a similar trophy on Dying Light (platinumed on PS4). So in summary definitely play this and the trophies are easy to boost but you probably wont need to boost

• 8 months later...