AJ_Radio's Disappointing Backlog and Wishlist

AJ_Radio

:platinum: #46: Jak 3

1Le0a5a5.png

Difficulty: 3/10

Excitement: 8/10

With this I've finished all three platforming greats (Jak, Ratchet and Sly) from the PS2 era. Very enjoyable game, although the story is a little weaker compared to Jak 2. A real shame this series is currently dead, although I guess we have the fandom and fanart to thank for.

• Like 1

Bloodborne is probably the first one I'll be doing. Hardcore Souls fans often say it's the easiest game but I'll have to see for myself.

I had a real difficult time with Demon Souls and I haven't played an actual action RPG (apart from Souls/Bloodborne) in years. I'm quite good at the God of War games, Demon Souls is a different story.

As for Batman I enjoyed the series. But it really irritated me that I have to do all side quests again if I want to get the Perfect Knight trophy in Arkham City. Then there's the Campaign maps which I heard are worse than Arkham Asylum.

Also for Arkham Knight if I want to 100 percent it I have to worry about the Community Challenge pack. I guess two of the trophies in that DLC involve real fighting skills and luck, which I'm not good at. I barely passed Shock and Awe Extreme. Brutality 101 is well, ugh.

Souls, Batman or inFamous are definitely on my 'To Do' list. If you have suggestions regarding the combat challenges in Batman or a good build for the Souls games feel free to post them.

In Souls, I used a tank build with a concentration on miracles for added heals. I would highly recommend mastering your backstab technique and parry techniques (I used a shield for parrys) because they make combat so much more effective/fun.

For Batman, I posted videos for one of the community challenge trophies you alluded to, "The Curtain Falls". If you click the down arrow under the title of the video I actually review in detail the required techniques.

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40894-the-curtain-falls-tips-and-videos/unread/

Here are some basic tips to make Batman's Combat Challenges easier-

- Avoid corners, stay in the center - the camera gets wonky and will screw your combo up if you go in the corners. Focus on staying centered.

- Evade is your best friend - Evade (X, X) gets you out of every tight spot, helps you target specific enemies [the combat system targets the person you evade over by default], keeps combos going [as long as you evade over an enemy] AND is the best way to stay centered to the map.

-Use different moves to maximize score - This is a LOT easier than it sounds. Each Batman uses a different shoulder button but basically hold down the appropriate shoulder button and hit triangle or x or circle or square. Learn what they do and common sense will let you know when is best to use them. Also, combo throws are two buttons pressed together that are mapped together [square+X, circle + triangle, etc] You have to have a specific number of consecutive hits to get them but use them as soon as they are available.

If you have questions let me know ^_^

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 1

Going to do my best to finish Uncharted 2 this weekend. So far it's been fairly easy, but I'm only playing on Hard difficulty so that might change with Crushing.

In Souls, I used a tank build with a concentration on miracles for added heals. I would highly recommend mastering your backstab technique and parry techniques (I used a shield for parrys) because they make combat so much more effective/fun.

For Batman, I posted videos for one of the community challenge trophies you alluded to, "The Curtain Falls". If you click the down arrow under the title of the video I actually review in detail the required techniques.
http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40894-the-curtain-falls-tips-and-videos/unread/

Here are some basic tips to make Batman's Combat Challenges easier-

- Avoid corners, stay in the center - the camera gets wonky and will screw your combo up if you go in the corners. Focus on staying centered.

- Evade is your best friend - Evade (X, X) gets you out of every tight spot, helps you target specific enemies [the combat system targets the person you evade over by default], keeps combos going [as long as you evade over an enemy] AND is the best way to stay centered to the map.

-Use different moves to maximize score - This is a LOT easier than it sounds. Each Batman uses a different shoulder button but basically hold down the appropriate shoulder button and hit triangle or x or circle or square. Learn what they do and common sense will let you know when is best to use them. Also, combo throws are two buttons pressed together that are mapped together [square+X, circle + triangle, etc] You have to have a specific number of consecutive hits to get them but use them as soon as they are available.

If you have questions let me know ^_^

I was fine with parrying. Not sure about tanking although I put a lot into Vitality. Maybe I'll get back into Demon Souls, not a guarantee though.

Used Evade a lot during the challenges but I always end up forgetting to mix up Batman's moves. I end up pulling off only five or six moves instead of 10 or 15 and that drastically reduces my ending score. I'll try again after I finish off a few games (Uncharted series, Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead Redemption).

Syndicate is definitely a good game. Played a few hours of it early this year and late last year, no idea why I stopped playing. Got the Gold Edition which contains the Season Pass which means I can get the story DLC free of charge, which is always nice.

Edited by Spastic
  • Like 1

Congrats on your progress, knocking off 46 plats in just over a year is a great effort.

Maybe consider saving The Witcher 3 for a milestone. That's my plan :)

Same. Witcher 3 will take in the neighborhood of 100 - 200 hours though. Fallout 4 will take 80 - 100 hours including all the DLC.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is finished.

Seven years later this game still holds up. Some of the best visuals the PS3 has to offer. Great sense of humor throughout the adventure with the most feared antagonist of all four Uncharted games. Sadly this is the only title where you fight helicopters.

I'll give better details regarding this game on the appropriate topic 'Most Recent Platinum'. But this is easily the best Uncharted on the PS3. Drakes Fortune was too much in the same location and I personally didn't feel Drakes Deception was quite as good. Glad to have gone back to this series, because this is one of the very best Playstation exclusives, regardless of generation.

• Like 1

Added Crysis, Killzone 1 HD and Far Cry Classic to the back log.

While I know they are technically "old" games by today's standards, I was never able to experience any of the series so what better than to download them all straight to my PS3. Killzone is definitely a series I want to look into and see if it's worth it at all being a Playstation exclusive franchise, but the sheer amount of time required online to earn it's platinums holds me back from playing the other games. I may however purchase Killzone Mercenary since that is exclusive to the Vita and since the Vita is portable, I can use a better internet connection, since I have very poor service at my house.

I already own Far Cry 4 and Far Cry Primal but I want to see the series at it's roots and thus I bought Far Cry Classic overnight. Graphics are not my concern and it was probably a big mistake buying Grand Theft Auto V for the PS4, but since Far Cry is one of Ubisoft's better franchises I will take a crack at the game that started it all. Whether it holds up today or not is up to my personal opinions.

Crysis probably looks the best out of the three and I've heard many people on this website enjoy the game, so out of feedback I decided to buy it. Compared to other games of it's time it still looks good and I haven't truly played a first person shooter since Wolfenstein The Old Blood, going back to December last year when I got the platinum for it.

I've decided to tackle the Uncharted 4 multiplayer trophies this coming weekend, so I don't have to worry about them when it's time to play through the game. Red Dead Redemption is a hit or miss due to it's poor servers and prominence of hackers and glitchers, so I felt a private session would be best for the online trophies I need.

Unfortunately I will be a bit busy for the next few days as I have fallen behind on college studies and I was forced to drop a class for this reason. I may or may not finish Uncharted 3 this weekend, I'm not a big fan of the game compared to the first two titles. But nonetheless it is still a very enjoyable game and one I need to finish before I start on Uncharted 4 (online trophies aside).

Edited by Spastic
  • Like 1

Added Crysis, Killzone 1 HD and Far Cry Classic to the back log.

While I know they are technically "old" games by today's standards, I was never able to experience any of the series so what better than to download them all straight to my PS3. Killzone is definitely a series I want to look into and see if it's worth it at all being a Playstation exclusive franchise, but the sheer amount of time required online to earn it's platinums holds me back from playing the other games. I may however purchase Killzone Mercenary since that is exclusive to the Vita and since the Vita is portable, I can use a better internet connection, since I have very poor service at my house.

I already own Far Cry 4 and Far Cry Primal but I want to see the series at it's roots and thus I bought Far Cry Classic overnight. Graphics are not my concern and it was probably a big mistake buying Grand Theft Auto V for the PS4, but since Far Cry is one of Ubisoft's better franchises I will take a crack at the game that started it all. Whether it holds up today or not is up to my personal opinions.

Crysis probably looks the best out of the three and I've heard many people on this website enjoy the game, so out of feedback I decided to buy it. Compared to other games of it's time it still looks good and I haven't truly played a first person shooter since Wolfenstein The Old Blood, going back to December last year when I got the platinum for it.

I've decided to tackle the Uncharted 4 multiplayer trophies this coming weekend, so I don't have to worry about them when it's time to play through the game. Red Dead Redemption is a hit or miss due to it's poor servers and prominence of hackers and glitchers, so I felt a private session would be best for the online trophies I need.

Unfortunately I will be a bit busy for the next few days as I have fallen behind on college studies and I was forced to drop a class for this reason. I may or may not finish Uncharted 3 this weekend, I'm not a big fan of the game compared to the first two titles. But nonetheless it is still a very enjoyable game and one I need to finish before I start on Uncharted 4 (online trophies aside).

I personally don't find Crysis super-engaging. I mean I'll go back and finish it eventually, but it never really hooked me like the Killzone, Resistance or Serious Sam games did.I do think you should attempt to beat and plat the game though. It's a nice game in anyone's trophy collection. Good luck on Farcry Classic and Killzone HD ^_^.

Crysis is short from what I've been told and the only games I will be adding to my backlog (at least for now) are games I know I can finish in under a week. The character you play looks fairly badass, which is what I like to see in protagonists. It definitely looks fun which is why I bought it.

Killzone's story seems pretty fascinating and I was never able to get into the series when I was younger. I used to think Killzone was Playstation's answer to Xbox's Halo franchise, since they are both first person shooters. Killzone 2, 3 and Shadow Fall look fantastic but again, the online trophies are a bit too much. If the online only requires a few hours to get all it's trophies then I'm good with it. If I'm having to spend upwards of 20 to 100 hours like I would of had to do with Grand Theft Auto Online when it came out, then I'm not interested. Maybe, someday, but not anytime soon.

Far Cry Classic doesn't look all too good in terms of graphics when compared to the other two games. I know the Far Cry series is mostly about exploring the great outdoors in open world seen through first person. In Far Cry 4 and Far Cry Primal you're virtually spending nearly all your time outside especially compared with games like Wolfenstein: The New Order where most of the gameplay took place indoors. I only spent three hours on Far Cry 4 and I haven't touched Primal yet even though it's installed on my PS4 with all the patches. I've been feeling the itch to play first person shooters, I need a change of pace since the next five or six games I have planned are all third person.

• Like 1

Uncharted 3 is finished.

Lc57b10.png

Gunfights fall a bit short of the greatness that is Uncharted 2 and the villains weren't as compelling. That being said I still love this game. Highlights for me include the French plateau and vast desert Nathan has to navigate in. They were particularly well done and are some of the best visuals the Playstation 3 has to offer.

I have no intention at all to do the multiplayer trophies. From the sounds of it I would have to spend 100 - 150 hours getting 50 trophies which is not worth it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Sleeping Dogs

1Lb58818.png

Got the platinum two days ago and am finishing up the last parts of Year of the Snake.

Cannot wait to do Uncharted 4. Loved the game the first time around, should be a treat to listen to all optional conversations and get all journal entries.

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #50: Uncharted: A Thief's End

1L61febd.png

This marks a big milestone for me and I am very grateful I finally got around to playing this game and finishing it. There are far too many great things to say about Uncharted 4 so I'll spare that in another topic.

I feel sad this is the last time Naughty Dog will be doing the Uncharted series (maybe for good). Granted there is still the single player DLC that will be announced on December 3rd in Anaheim, California, but you don't have to play that to fully appreciate the work and effort that was put into the game. It is safe to say that this is easily one of the best looking games out there, console or PC. Of course that's not the only great thing about Uncharted 4. It has action, drama, comedy and exploration all blended together nicely. You can say this was heavily influenced by Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider and other famous pop culture icons as I'm sure you all already know.

I paid $60 for Uncharted 4 and I'm proud to say the journey was worth every penny.

Edited by Spaz

• 2 months later...

So I've ignored this thread for three whole months, so rather than waste time posting a long, rambling description of every game I've platinumed recently, I'll just post the trophy images.

Also added a great deal to my backlog, so will be updating this thread to make it current.

8 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

I see Back to the Future,Ratchet and Clank in your backlog. Hope you manage to complete them this year. :) Good news is their easy plats to earn so they shouldn't pose a problem. 

Back to the Future is a Telltale game, absolutely no problem getting through that.

My only worries in the Ratchet and Clank games are the multiplayer in All 4 One, and the My Blaster Runs Really Really Hot minigame in A Crack in Time.

Edited by Spaz

2 minutes ago, Jyn Erso said:

You definitely should knock out Volume soon along with White Night.

I'm planning to do all 5 Prince of Persia games this year as well, probably in June. Will be going for fast platinum's on them so that will be fun to do as I'd like to challenge myself to see how fast I can do them. :) 

Those two games are definitely on my to do list, although Shovel Knight and perhaps Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number will also be played in the next month or two.

I don't have the 2008 Prince of Persia game yet but I want to knock out some games first before buying it. As you can see from my backlog I have over 70 games, so yeah.

Just now, Spaz said:

Those two games are definitely on my to do list, although Shovel Knight and perhaps Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number will also be played in the next month or two.

I don't have the 2008 Prince of Persia game yet but I want to knock out some games first before buying it. As you can see from my backlog I have over 70 games, so yeah.

Well, Volume is relatively quick to do so it's something worth considering if you want an easy and fun platinum. :)

I do have a big backlog, but I'm allowing myself to get some new games that I really want in a few months such as the 5 Prince of Persia games, Watch_Dogs 2, and Oxenfree and have a break from my incomplete or unplayed stuff.

Anyways, even if your backlog has gotten bigger, it's still manageable enough to clear most or all of them. Not sure if you do intend to clear them all, but it seems mostly doable.

9 minutes ago, Jyn Erso said:

Well, Volume is relatively quick to do so it's something worth considering if you want an easy and fun platinum. :)

I do have a big backlog, but I'm allowing myself to get some new games that I really want in a few months such as the 5 Prince of Persia games, Watch_Dogs 2, and Oxenfree and have a break from my incomplete or unplayed stuff.

Anyways, even if your backlog has gotten bigger, it's still manageable enough to clear most or all of them. Not sure if you do intend to clear them all, but it seems mostly doable.

True, but it's best to take the games at their own pace. I can finish the Assassins Creed games much quicker if I wanted to but I like to soak in the story and the open world environment, and usually spend my time completing the optional stuff that is unnecessary.

Then there's the tough platinums like Hotline Miami 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Demon Souls and Rogue Legacy. These four will probably take quite a while, as each one has a lot of grinding.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaz said:

True, but it's best to take the games at their own pace. I can finish the Assassins Creed games much quicker if I wanted to but I like to soak in the story and the open world environment, and usually spend my time completing the optional stuff that is unnecessary.

Then there's the tough platinums like Hotline Miami 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Demon Souls and Rogue Legacy. These four will probably take quite a while, as each one has a lot of grinding.

I totally understand you, there are certain games I take my time with, and some I like to do in fast platinum times for various reasons. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd probably have more of my games complete or started already.

I've got some hard ones I've been debating about such as Hotline Miami 1 (Don't own the sequel as of now.), Furi PS4, Hyper Light Drifter, and maybe Rogue Legacy if I feel compelled to play it. So those games definitely detract time from other games.

Anyways, hope to see you continue the good work as you've been doing great in trophy hunting this year. And that you get those hard games done and platted.