AJ_Radio's Disappointing Backlog and Wishlist

AJ_Radio

Platinum :platinum: #291: Mega Man 11 (October 28th, 2021)

1L611c70.png

Difficulty: 7.5/10

Excitement Rating: 8/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 12 - 15+ Hours

Hardest Trophy: 50S1de0da.pngSurvival Skills ( Complete Dr. Light's Trial for the first time )

NexVQCF.jpg

Everything that Mighty No 9 wanted to be, only Mega Man 11 executes it with far more precision.

This is the latest entry in the long time running classic Mega Man franchise. Mega Man of course has more going for it, but I'm only mentioning classic Mega Man, which Capcom mostly shoves under the rug these days.

Not much to speak about here. Mega Man 11 was given a new paint job, drifting away from the classic NES look and giving it a modern day appeal. This definitely felt more like a game I would play on the PS2, yet it still retains its 2-D appeal and gameplay.

Like with all the other classic Mega Man games, Dr Light and the gang are here. Dr Wily is the villain once more, and you have to defeat eight Robot Masters before you take on the Wily stages. You defeat a Robot Master, gain their ability, and use that ability to capitalize on the next Robot Master's weakness. Rinse and repeat.

As expected, Mega Man 11 is NOT an easy platinum. I've done plenty of speedruns for trophies on my account, but Mega Man 11's speedrun is definitely one of the more difficult ones. The time restriction is tight, only giving you 60 minutes to beat the entire game from start to finish on Normal difficulty. Plenty of practice is required, and this game will punish you if you play carelessly.

Thankfully Mega Man 11 keeps the save features from Mega Man 10, making the game more accessible for newcomers and veterans alike.

The platinum breaker here is Dr Light's trial. This easily took the most time out of everything else I had to do for the platinum. It's essentially a challenge run, as you have to go through 30 rooms without losing your lives. You can get a couple additional lives later on after you defeat a couple bosses, but that doesn't make this trial all that easy as you will be failing a lot. I spent over seven or eight hours just replaying this trial as one mistake could cost you a bit of health or maybe even the loss of a life.

In regards to 'Very Rare' platinums according to rarity on PSNProfiles, Mega Man 11 is one of my prouder achievements. It's not easy, and frankly, I can't name a single Mega Man that was a cakewalk. The only Mega Man entry I am missing trophy wise is the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, which I am waiting for a good sale to pick up because $29.99 is just asking too much.

Good classic fun.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

On 06/09/2022 at 11:00 AM, AJ_Radio said:

100% Game #35: Horizon Chase Turbo

Lf54930.png

Difficulty: 3/10

Excitement Rating: 7/10

Thankfully the Senna events offered here are not difficult, just a little time consuming as you will have to spend a few hours getting all the trophies. This is a tribute to Ayrton Senna, a man who lived a short life, but whose memories and legacy lives on. The developers of Gran Turismo 6 also dedicated their DLC to Senna, and in contrast to this game, it is far more difficult. More details when I eventually cover that game on this thread and on my status update review.

Was this worth it? Depends on how much you like this game. As a completionist, it was annoying for me to have to reinstall the game on my PS4, but it was worth it for the history lesson alone.

I was meant to post on this the other day. I have this one free but haven't got around to trying it out & I see the DLC goes on sale quite a lot. I've had this recommended many times so maybe it might be worth trying out. I don't think I've played much like this as it's a different style to what I usually do. I might as well get the DLC when it's on sale again. I'm looking forward to more of your reviews.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I was meant to post on this the other day. I have this one free but haven't got around to trying it out & I see the DLC goes on sale quite a lot. I've had this recommended many times so maybe it might be worth trying out. I don't think I've played much like this as it's a different style to what I usually do. I might as well get the DLC when it's on sale again. I'm looking forward to more of your reviews.

It’s pretty easy. Horizon Chase Turbo is a throwback to old on rails racers like F-Zero on the Super Nintendo and Super Hang On on the arcades. 

I’ve been slow going, and I’ve been terrible at keeping up with reviews. But I’m trying. ?

• Like 2

I have quite the backlog:

*AS OF 25/09/22*

PGA Tour 2K21 (PSPLUS)

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown (PSPLUS)

Battlefield 5 (PSPLUS)

Remnant: From the Ashes (PSPLUS)

MultiVersus

PUBG

Yazuka: Like a Dragon (PSPLUS)

Little Nightmares (PSPLUS)

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PSPLUS)

Enlisted

Uncharted 4

Mafia II Def Edition

Mafia III Def Edition

First Class Trouble (PSPLUS)

Mortal Kombat X (PSPLUS)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PSPLUS)

Resident Evil 5

InFamous Second Son

Blacksad: Under The Skin

I SWEAR I WILL GET TO THEM ??

Edited by modest_undue1
Update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

100% Game #36: Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space

L7a0a10.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Sam and Max is a beloved series created by Steve Purcell before LucasArts started making the game franchise. Beyond Time and Space is one of the early TellTale games, initially released in late 2007 on Windows PC but later ported to other systems.

Personally I found this to be an enjoyable TellTale series from the days before TellTale Games started making formulaic crap that copied the gameplay template of The Walking Dead. I'd give this about the same rating as Strong Bad, not the best point and click games but worth your time if you enjoy the genre.

This is the sequel to TellTale's previous Sam & Max entry Save the World, which recently got trophy support so hopefully I can get around to that game in the near future. Plenty of missables as can be expected from the older TellTale titles, but nothing difficult at all. This was an episodic series with five episodes,

100% Game #37: Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse

L62f95e.png

Difficulty: 2/10

The Devil's Playhouse is the follow up game to TellTale's Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space.

This was more of the same humor you can expect out of Sam & Max. Witty and humorous without being condescending or lecturing. The big problem I had with this episodic entry was the game seemed to chug sometimes on my PS3. That could be TellTale Games being rather poor at optimization, but it was definitely apparent in some areas when I moved Sam & Max from one room to another. Only a minor inconvenience, and it didn't take away from the gameplay. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...