AJ_Radio's Disappointing Backlog and Wishlist

AJ_Radio

7 minutes ago, Jyn Erso said:

I totally understand you, there are certain games I take my time with, and some I like to do in fast platinum times for various reasons. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd probably have more of my games complete or started already.

I've got some hard ones I've been debating about such as Hotline Miami 1 (Don't own the sequel as of now.), Furi PS4, Hyper Light Drifter, and maybe Rogue Legacy if I feel compelled to play it. So those games definitely detract time from other games.

Anyways, hope to see you continue the good work as you've been doing great in trophy hunting this year. And that you get those hard games done and platted.

I'm pretty lazy as well. It may not look like it but I'm usually laid back. I often take a couple days break between games so I don't burn myself out.

Hotline Miami 1 isn't too bad, though I recommend watching videos for getting A+ on all levels, since a couple of them are tricky to get. Furi looks like a complete bitch and I may avoid that game. Don't know about Hyper Light Drifter.

Thanks, it really helps me out to receive compliments. I will be estastic if I get all those games done, but even one of those tough ones finished is a big accomplishment.

8 minutes ago, reckscollie said:

Nice list not disappointing at all. Wish I could make one of these myself. 

Not too difficult if you do it like mine. What's difficult is adding in all the GIF animations, putting in trophy images for each game you've completed and giving a detailed description to each. That takes dedication.

8 minutes ago, Boots_12345 said:

You should try and finish Assassin's Creed 3 

Eventually. I'm a little worried about the online trophies though, since I'm fairly certain the online community isn't all that active anymore. I think you just need to win a match with a team and unlock a hacked Abstergo video.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Not too difficult if you do it like mine. What's difficult is adding in all the GIF animations, putting in trophy images for each game you've completed and giving a detailed description to each. That takes dedication.

I'll try one of these days. By the way, where's SMB?:lol:

1 minute ago, reckscollie said:

Okay. I'm sure one day you'll realize you can do it. Good luck and enjoy decreasing your backlog. <3

Well it took you over a year. I guess that meant trying every now and then.

May be harder than beating Battletoads on the NES without using continues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Well it took you over a year. I guess that meant trying every now and then.

May be harder than beating Battletoads on the NES without using continues.

Not really (if you believe me, i hope you do). I just played it again from scratch on November. And really got challenged cause of @TheYuriG. It took me two months to finish it. But It was the only game I played that time cause I'm afraid to forget the feel of the game like what happened to OlliOlli2 (I can't get back into it cause I forgot how to play it).

5 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Not really (if you believe me, i hope you do). I just played it again from scratch on November. And really got challenged cause of @TheYuriG. It took me two months to finish it. But It was the only game I played that time cause I'm afraid to forget the feel of the game like what happened to OlliOlli2 (I can't get back into it cause I forgot how to play it).

Then buy Olliolli 1 whenever you can, struggle and 100% that and then return to Olliolli 2 and feel the greatness of improvement of the sequel. 100% no struggle, trust me, you got this

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Then buy Olliolli 1 whenever you can, struggle and 100% that and then return to Olliolli 2 and feel the greatness of improvement of the sequel. 100% no struggle, trust me, you got this

It's encouragement like this which makes me wanna go for a game. This is what I am telling you @Spaz. Someone believes in you. Now all you have to do is believe in yourself. 

• Like 1

On February 28, 2017 at 1:33 AM, reckscollie said:

It's encouragement like this which makes me wanna go for a game. This is what I am telling you @Spaz. Someone believes in you. Now all you have to do is believe in yourself. 

It would be the ultimate challenge. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Spaz said:

Added four more games to backlog: Dead Space 2, Dead Space Extraction, No Mans Sky and Vanquish.

Oh nice, good luck with Vanquish when you do that. I tried it briefly years ago and liked it, would like to go for its platinum here if I feel compelled enough to play it.

Those 4 games all seem like very fun games, will you be playing any of them soon though?

On March 13, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Jyn Erso said:

Oh nice, good luck with Vanquish when you do that. I tried it briefly years ago and liked it, would like to go for its platinum here if I feel compelled enough to play it.

Those 4 games all seem like very fun games, will you be playing any of them soon though?

No Mans Sky I will be doing in a month or two. As for Dead Space 2, won't be doing that until I get over 100 platinums.

Vanquish will come right after. I'll probably be throwing f bombs and possibly throw my dualshock around because Dead Space 2 has Hardcore difficulty with only three saves allowed, and Vanquish of course has challenges 4 and 6, both of which are pretty difficult. 

Dead Space Extraction is only there because I bought the limited edition of Dead Space 2. However I bought a used copy off of Amazon so I don't know if I can get Extraction for free.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Spaz said:

No Mans Sky I will be doing in a month or two. As for Dead Space 2, won't be doing that until I get over 100 platinums.

Vanquish will come right after. I'll probably be throwing f bombs and possibly throw my dualshock around because Dead Space 2 has Hardcore difficulty with only three saves allowed, and Vanquish of course has challenges 4 and 6, both of which are pretty difficult. 

Dead Space Extraction is only there because I bought the limited edition of Dead Space 2. However I bought a used copy off of Amazon so I don't know if I can get Extraction for free.

Wonder if you'll 100% No Man's Sky as well. :awesome: And why not?

Good luck with Vanquish, I imagine it'll be doable after many retries.

And well, Extraction seems to be a fun game, have you checked if it's available with your copy?

Planning to get 100 platinums by this summer, but upcoming college courses and job applications will slow me down a lot. There is a chance I may not reach 100 platinums until August or September because I'm going to be busy.

I'm also planning to move out to a new location sometime in 2018. Unfortunately the area I'm looking to move into is because very expensive due to the huge demand. For the past decade many people from California have moved into Oregon and Washington, making the streets more crowded and driving the prices of apartments and houses higher. As much as I want to add images to my thread, that may not happen for quite a while.

Currently deciding between Bloodborne, Witcher 3 or Horizon Zero Dawn as my 100th platinum. I still want to play through Bloodborne because it looks great and it looks like a game that will reward me for challenging myself. The Witcher 3 is a great game with a huge vast area to explore. The money I had to pay for this game, plus the two DLC expansions and the considerable number of patches that were added, it will all be wasted if I don't play it through. Horizon Zero Dawn looks absolutely breathtaking and gorgeous, and could potentially be a game of the year. Since I haven't played any games from 2017 so far, what better way than to play this game first.

Dead Space, Day of the Tentacle and Far Cry Primal finished. Slowly decreasing my backlog, but have added Tearaway Unfolded.

Going to finish the next five games in this order:

1. God of War Ascension

2. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

3. Magus

4. Severed

5. White Night

Tony Hawk will likely be the most difficult and will take a lot of practice. I'm no stranger to God of War so that should be easy. Magus is a five - six hour time waster. Severed is exclusive to the Vita and I look forward to that one. White Night looks pretty interesting, but has been on my backlog for over a year so it's probably time to get that one done.

I bought both Heavy Fire games in a recent sale. Should be easy if what people are saying is true. Assassins Creed Syndicate I bought during the week of release but haven't gotten around to it, hopefully it will be fun. Don't know when I'll be doing these games, the rest of my backlog apart from the games listed I am unsure of when I'll be starting.

I'm currently deciding whether to buy Bastion, Transistor, Velocity 2X, Axiom Verge, Gone Home, Ether One and Horizon Zero Dawn all in one go, or whether I should clear out some of my backlog first. But I've added them to my wishlist, along with a few others.

Edited by Spaz

Had a little depression episode, but am currently back to normal and will be playing God of War Ascension tonight.

On 3/28/2017 at 7:07 PM, reckscollie said:

I regret buying those. I can't take the controls.

Well I think the Heavy Fire games are like the old arcade shooters from the early - mid 1990s. I'll have to see.

34 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Had a little depression episode, but am currently back to normal and will be playing God of War Ascension tonight.

Well I think the Heavy Fire games are like the old arcade shooters from the early - mid 1990s. I'll have to see.

Yes but with uncomfortable controls :lol:

On 23.3.2017 at 7:41 AM, Spaz said:

Currently deciding between Bloodborne, Witcher 3 or Horizon Zero Dawn as my 100th platinum.

I haven't played nor felt any interest for Horizon Zero Dawn, but I can promise you that both Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 are worthy contestants for the spot of 100th plat. The former might be a bit tricky if you have no prior experience with the Souls-series, but should be easy enough with some dedication. It offers a magnificent and very atmospheric journey through a beautiful world (if you like gothic scenery) and a very interesting story, although it might be a bit convoluted. You'll probably end up watching hours of lore explanations afterwards (or beforehand) playing this game. It's deep. And the combat is great.

The Witcher 3 is undoubtedly my favourite RPG, and essays have been written about its many great aspects. If you enjoy immersing yourself in rich fantasy worlds, this is the game for you. The combat isn't like the Soulsborne-games, but better (in my opinion, obviously) than most other western RPGs such as Skyrim, and the stories told in this game are great. Yeah, stories - this isn't a game with a good main story and a bunch of boring fetch-quests, I found some of the side quests to be as engaging as the main story. And you also have a little impact on the world. Sometimes you're forced to make rash decisions that actually changes the world. And the DLCs are great, better than the main game (again, in my opinion), and they are actual expansions which will take hours to complete. The last DLC, Blood and Wine, actually takes place in a complete new area, and the size of it and all the stories and quests in it are all amazing. I might sound a bit sycophantic, but you'll be too after playing these two!

Good luck on your hunt!

1 hour ago, Bartoulum said:

I haven't played nor felt any interest for Horizon Zero Dawn, but I can promise you that both Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 are worthy contestants for the spot of 100th plat. The former might be a bit tricky if you have no prior experience with the Souls-series, but should be easy enough with some dedication. It offers a magnificent and very atmospheric journey through a beautiful world (if you like gothic scenery) and a very interesting story, although it might be a bit convoluted. You'll probably end up watching hours of lore explanations afterwards (or beforehand) playing this game. It's deep. And the combat is great.

The Witcher 3 is undoubtedly my favourite RPG, and essays have been written about its many great aspects. If you enjoy immersing yourself in rich fantasy worlds, this is the game for you. The combat isn't like the Soulsborne-games, but better (in my opinion, obviously) than most other western RPGs such as Skyrim, and the stories told in this game are great. Yeah, stories - this isn't a game with a good main story and a bunch of boring fetch-quests, I found some of the side quests to be as engaging as the main story. And you also have a little impact on the world. Sometimes you're forced to make rash decisions that actually changes the world. And the DLCs are great, better than the main game (again, in my opinion), and they are actual expansions which will take hours to complete. The last DLC, Blood and Wine, actually takes place in a complete new area, and the size of it and all the stories and quests in it are all amazing. I might sound a bit sycophantic, but you'll be too after playing these two!

Good luck on your hunt!

I appreciate the response.

Well to be frank I could have one of these games follow the other. Horizon Zero Dawn is probably the easiest and less time consuming of the three, so it could be my 99th platinum.

Regardless of what happens it will either be Bloodborne or Witcher 3 as my 100th. I can get through Bloodborne quicker, but there is some skill involved. The main challenge of Witcher 3 will be Death March difficulty, I find the game to be fairly easy on Normal. Both are fantastic games though. It's hard to pick the two. 

Unfortunately my family is in a mound of debt, and with job searching currently being done, and college classes coming up, I'm going to slow down a lot in my progress. I have a number of 'quick' games I can get done. I want to give some games like Dust: An Elysian Tail a chance. I haven't gone that far ahead yet. Hopefully by August this year I'll be close to 100, and may likely get 100 by September - October, all things considered.

On 18-10-2016 at 9:04 AM, Spaz said:

BACKLOG AS OF CURRENTLY:

Assassins Creed: Unity

Assassins Creed: Syndicate

Beyond Two Souls

Infamous: Festival of Blood

Kings Quest

No Man's Sky

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4)

WISHLIST:

Gone Home

Hitman GO

The games mentioned above are something even I played through completely while I'm not a completionist at all, meaning I enjoyed them enough and/or they were very easy.

I'll never go for that No Man's Sky DLC, though. I also still need to do Sleeping Dogs but I counted it since I 100%ed the base game on the X360.

Hitman GO was kind of boring though and Gone Home was really really bad, if you don't have that last one from PS+ last year then please don't bother with it.

A lot of other nice titles on your list, I didn't 100% the following but I enjoyed them a lot and I saw the end of the story:

On 18-10-2016 at 9:04 AM, Spaz said:

BACKLOG AS OF CURRENTLY:

Assassins Creed III

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Assassins Creed: Rogue

Batman: Arkham City

Bloodborne

DOOM

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3 and PS4)

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (DLC trophies)

This War of Mine: Little Ones

Unravel

Vanquish

WISHLIST:

Velocity 2X

First Person mode in the PS4 version of GTA V was awesome, I kept playing in that mode even when the trophy for 20 hours had popped. Very well done.

I haven't played through Witcher III yet, working on it right now - did a lot in February, but March was busy for me so I'm about to pick it up again this weekend.

On 28-2-2017 at 3:46 AM, Spaz said:

Eventually. I'm a little worried about the online trophies though, since I'm fairly certain the online community isn't all that active anymore. I think you just need to win a match with a team and unlock a hacked Abstergo video.

I actually did the AC III online very recently, because thanks to the Ezio Collection I only had to bother with the MP of III and IV and I could try to get the platinum in all AC games. Working on IV right now, I did III last October with a few people from PSNP. Being on the winning team is no problem at all if you boost it, I could help you with both that trophy and the unlocking of the hacked video (the easiest hacked video requires you to get a bunch of multikills together with someone else). Should be done within an hour, possibly within half an hour, and the rest of the grind can be done solo.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

The games mentioned above are something even I played through completely while I'm not a completionist at all, meaning I enjoyed them enough and/or they were very easy.

I'll never go for that No Man's Sky DLC, though. I also still need to do Sleeping Dogs but I counted it since I 100%ed the base game on the X360.

Hitman GO was kind of boring though and Gone Home was really really bad, if you don't have that last one from PS+ last year then please don't bother with it.

A lot of other nice titles on your list, I didn't 100% the following but I enjoyed them a lot and I saw the end of the story:

I don't know when I'll be doing Assassins Creed Unity. I'll probably be doing Syndicate sometime at the end of April or May. I currently got a bunch of busy work coming up in the coming weeks so I'm going to be slowing down quite a bit, which is kind of why I want to get some 'quick and easy' platinums out of the way because I badly want to get 100 platinums this year. So far I'm in the good running.

I hear a lot of mixed opinions on Beyond Two Souls. I will be doing Heavy Rain soon, I am stupid to wait this long to finally play it since I actually prefer these type of games along with Until Dawn rather than the typical first person and third person shooter genre most mainstream AAA companies come out with.

Infamous: Festival of Blood comes for free via voucher if you have the retail inFamous Collection. Maybe I won't get it for free since the collection came out years ago, and companies like to put stupid deadlines.

Kings Quest is a seemingly random game I have. But I was a big Sierra adventure fan back in the day, crying shame what happened to that company since they had some fantastic games. Of course Kings Quest is a reboot of that old 1980s/1990s series and of course made by a different company, since the old Sierra is gone. Nonetheless I plan on trying it out.

Well it's ridiculous to have such time consuming DLC trophies like that in No Man's Sky. In fact only a small handful of people are close to getting any of the trophies and last I checked, out two people have all of them.

Sleeping Dogs is underrated in my opinion, and in some ways better than Grand Theft Auto. My gripe was grinding all those stats to Gold rating, because a few of them were unnecessary. I don't double stack games unless they're worth replaying again, are ridiculously easy, or have an autopop platinum opportunity. For this game it's worth replaying again.

I will admit Hitman GO looks boring. I'm a sucker for easy platinums though.

Gone Home I have been wanting to play since it was on Steam. I tend to enjoy walking simulators somewhat. The only 'difficult' part is beating the game in under one minute. It probably sucks because you're in a house, you play as a boring protagonist, and you hunt for keys.