Rarest Platinum That Isn't Ultra Rare

Bullstomp

• 11 months later...

It looks like some rarities are dropping again. I just checked my list and surprisingly enough my Wheel of Fortune platinum has dropped nearly 1 full percentage point in the past few months. It is currently @ 5.01% rarity.

1Lb6cf95.png

My next closest to dropping down to Ultra Rare status is The Voice @ 5.06% rarity

• Like 3

On 21/04/2017 at 9:48 AM, Agent 47 said:

.... My rarest platinum isn't even an ultra rare one 1f602.png most of my platinum trophies are 'uncommon'.

Rarest platinum:

S359338.png  1S107813.png  Prizes, Plunder, and Adventure!

6,24% rarity

On 21/06/2017 at 4:14 PM, Agent 47 said:

It has since gone to 6,11% rarity. Still my rarest platinum though, no ultra rare platinums over here.

It's 5,71% rarity now. Which is weird since it's an old game and it doesn't have any unobtainables, I'd expect the rarity to be balanced.

Also, I've actually got an ultra rare platinum now, and Black Flag is still my rarest after that.

2 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

It's 5,71% rarity now. Which is weird since it's an old game and it doesn't have any unobtainables, I'd expect the rarity to be balanced.

Also, I've actually got an ultra rare platinum now, and Black Flag is still my rarest after that.

What's happening is as PSNProfiles recognizes new users over time, it also adds their trophy lists to the PSNProfiles rarity pool. In most cases it will make the rarity drop.

I haven't checked this is a loooong time. Lol. Looks like it's currently Gal Gun, at 5.04%.

@Agent 47 To add to what @Bullstomp said, the removal of cheaters probably also causes the rarities to drop. One of my older Platinums is now rarer than Just Cause 2, and that is Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers. Can't imagine that's getting tons of new players, either.

Edited by DamagingRob

29 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

What's happening is as PSNProfiles recognizes new users over time, it also adds their trophy lists to the PSNProfiles rarity pool. In most cases it will make the rarity drop.

17 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I haven't checked this is a loooong time. Lol. Looks like it's currently Gal Gun, at 5.04%.

@Agent 47 To add to what @Bullstomp said, the removal of cheaters probably also causes the rarities to drop. One of my older Platinums is now rarer than Just Cause 2, and that is Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers. Can't imagine that's getting tons of new players, either.

Might be more about cheaters then... We already have a big number of users, shouldn't that mean that new users wouldn't be influencing the average rarities that much? As in, with the law of big numbers, since we already have a big selection of users, any new users should be on average the same as what we already have.

2 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Might be more about cheaters then... We already have a big number of users, shouldn't that mean that new users wouldn't be influencing the average rarities that much? As in, with the law of big numbers, since we already have a big selection of users, any new users should be on average the same as what we already have.

Unless a big chunk join, then yeah, I'd lean more to it being cheaters being removed. If 2 out of 10 people have a Plat, it'd be 20%. Remove one and it drops to 1 out of 9 and 11%. So, anytime someone is taken off, every Platinum they have probably drops. 

Conception 2 - All Trophies 5.47%

Mind Zero's Omniscience is at 4.91% so expecting it to drop to rare as very few people are likely to buy this mind-numbingly boring Persona rip-off. Platinum isn't hard to get, just a very boring long grind. Truly my Mind was at Zero when platinuming this game.

Edited by ex10097

7 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

PSNProfiles had a big jump when I started this thread. Last year there were around 3.2mm and now its at 3.7mm. Thats about a 14% increase yoy. And thats just a fraction of the actual PSN User Names, which accounts for the rarity differences on PSNetwork and this website. 

Site members aren't the only people who come up on this site. If you look up someone you meet online in a game on PSNProfiles that name stays in the database.

So yeah, increases of users can happen in bunches.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is currently Mindjack (5.15% as of this post's date), a platinum that has constantly switched between Ultra Rare and Very Rare for a while but seems to be comfortable staying in the Very Rare range nowadays. xD

Edited by cr1s
  • Like 1

I have a couple that are close, but my rarest that is not ultra rare is Watch_Dogs for the PS3 which is at 5,34%. I had a lot of fun with the game and it's pretty easy. Without any grind to speak of and the nerfed drinking game I would have expected it to sit much more comfortably in the very rare zone.

Other reasonably close calls are Tomb Raider for PS3 at 5,48% and Just Cause 2 at 5,40%.

(I know nobody asked about that but I just wanted to mention them because I liked them so much :))