Dead Star Servers to close November 1st

Shadiochao

The servers for Dead Star will be shut down in two weeks, leaving 42 of the 48 trophies unattainable.

It's probably already too late for most people considering the length of the game and the largely inactive servers, but get the platinum while you can, I guess.

http://deadstargame.com/important-notice/

Important Notice

Online functionality (including multiplayer) for Dead Star will cease November 1, 2016.

• Like 1

It's probably already too late for most people considering the length of the game and the largely inactive servers, but get the platinum while you can, I guess.

It's pretty near 100% impossible unless you already had just about everything done. Takes over two weeks based on the majority of the plat times, if you're lucky. 

That's fucked, not even half a year up and only two weeks notice for server closer. Won't play a game from these devs again that has online. 

This is a shame, I really enjoyed this game when it was active. To be fair to the development the game was pretty fun it just suffered from a lack of players once the next month of Ps+ rolled around.

For anyone wondering about the platinum it's roughly 100 hours if you can get in constant games but I imagine it's almost impossible to find a game, and probably too late to organise a boosting group.

A shame. You can put your love into making a game, release it to the ether in the hopes enough people play it to make it worth the effort, even give it some good advertising by letting PS+ get a hold of it. Can't make people play it though; instead, "I wanna play GTA in cowboy hats again!". Online twin stick shooter was a gamble that didn't pan out.

• Like 2

I was planning on starting the PS+ games from 2016 in December but so much for that.

Even if it's boostable now, to platinum an online multiplayer game in less than 2 weeks is impossible. Especially one that takes over 100 hours to Platinum.

Glad there's a trophy list delete feature now.

Glad I skipped this one entirely when it was offered on plus; I didn't even add it to my download list. Games like this that are largely online based are just not my cup of tea especially when it's uncertain how long the servers will remain active because the online community just isn't there. It makes me feel like I need to rush just to avoid unobtainables.

Edited by STFUxDxD
  • Like 1

I backlogged this game when it was PS+ free because it was FREE. Well in the beginning the game wasn't appealing to me and now servers are shutting down not even a year of its existence, this gives me a reason to never ever download it. This game will not be a lost at all. Screw the games with majority of trophies are online!

• Like 1

It's understandable that the game just didn't pan out, but pretty crappy of them to give 2 weeks notice on the servers.

Also a bad look for Sony. That's at least two games that have been offered on PS plus this year that have already lost online services (this plus Call of Juarez.)

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 3

It's understandable that the game just didn't pan out, but pretty crappy of them to give 2 weeks notice on the servers.

Also a bad look for Sony. That's at least two games that have been offered on PS plus this year that have already lost online services (this plus Call of Juarez.)

FYI, the Call of Juarez "shutdown" hasn't affected the game at all. Even the multiplayer trophies are still achievable. Still wish the PS+ offerings were a little better, though.

• Like 2

Wow, that's pathetic. It only came out in April! It was a fun game for a while, addictive, but too samey to keep most people playing for long. I doubt I would have tried to platinum it anyway, because the trophies are stupidly grindy, but it still sucks.

The dev just released a statement, if you want to update the OP:

“We are shutting down the game because, bluntly, the costs of operating the game now exceed its income,” Armature director of operations Jack Mathews told Kotaku over e-mail today. “This decision was not taken lightly internally, and was extremely sad to me personally. Armature put a lot of time, love and studio resources into both the game and the community, and we are extremely grateful to our community for their support in keeping this going as long as it could.”

• Like 1