Dead Star Servers to close November 1st

Shadiochao

Was needing some motivation to keep going. Server closing is about as big time as it gets. Got two levels last night with the 3x fame. At 39 currently and will get the plat for sure.

You can add me if you are looking for people to play with or needing another type of trophy.

This is truly a unique and fun game and its a shame its going down so soon.

Edited by GunfighterHefty

Guys, I'm 40 now, and I just play at 6 PM to 11 PM... Do you think it's possible for me ? 

I must do the Mothership mission too ...  :(

If I miss this, my completion will be devasted ...

It's definitely possible, i went from 43 to 50 in around 4 days thanks to the xp boost. I don't think I would have been able to face the grind without it. Anyway you have a week and as long as you're playing this game and nothing else I think you can do it.

Some tips from my my experience last few days: Once you are in a lobby, never leave it. Judging by the fact that I saw the same 30 to 40 people dropping in and out of my 10 v 10 lobby over the 4 days makes me think that there's only really 1 very active 10 v 10 going on at a time. Some times you might be tempted to quit if a lot of the other players have formed a super squad and are steam rolling every match, just remember it's better to be earning some xp than none at all.

Also as has been mentioned before in one of these Dead Star threads, remember that you can only earn a certain amount of xp for each of the 5 criteria( kills,npc kills,base upgrades etc. ) per match. So try not to focus on one aspect of gameplay to ensure you maximise your xp earning potential.

As for the contract, they seem easier to complete now because of the empty lobbies. I helped 2 people with contracts last few days and on both contracts we only got sent into live matches once. The other 5 jumps were into npc worlds. If you ever need 1 more I would be happy to join if I'm online.

Anyway, best of luck. Just stick at it, you've got nothing to lose by trying.

I saw the same 30 to 40 people dropping in and out of my 10 v 10 lobby over the 4 days

Damn, I I haven't even seen a single player in my region since the announcement, and all other regions are completely unplayable. Looks like I'll have to let these trophies go  :(

Unless there's anybody from Oceania/Asia around?

So this game was released not too long ago only to have the servers close by November 1st.

What a shit show. Another reason why you shouldn't invest too much time into dying online only console games, especially if the servers are going to close like Electronic Arts likes to do with their sports titles a year or two after release.

Edited by Spastic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...