Red Dead Redemption 2 CONFIRMED

EternalChaos72

Now would be a good time to get those trophies I have left.

Did they say when the game is taking place?

No news beyond the fact a trailer is going to be released tomorrow. So we'll see then. All we have is a picture, a generic description of the game, and a 2017 release date.

The cover definitely gives away the impression that this is taking place when John Marston was a part of Dutch's Gang (before Dutch hired Native Americans), which was mentioned numerous times throughout Red Dead Redemption.

I don't know if John knew Landon Ricketts prior to RDR 1. Ricketts was considerably older and was living in Mexico. It's been over three whole years since I played through the story.

Edited by Spastic

I don't know if John knew Landon Ricketts prior to RDR 1. Ricketts was considerably older and was living in Mexico.

John didn’t, they had met for the first time in Mexico. Though as Rockstar generally don’t like making games with the same playable character, John and Landon still can be in RDR2, even not knowing and meeting each other, if man in center of the poster is new RDR2 protagonist, who will meet both Jonh and Landon on separate occasions.