TheYuriG's ULTIMATE Terraria Carry Walkthrough

TheYuriG

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, but I have other things to pick up from Lion anyway so I need to have him in my game once again for a few minutes, so I'll kill 2 birds with one stone. I would take the Terra blade if you had one or the ankh shield, since all I'm needing for it is the skeleton-dungeon drop that never comes.

Do you mean the drop from the undead ninja Bone Lee? Well, I have the Blade and the Shield. 

This guide is going to get a major overhaul. When visiting @Deceptrox's world yesterday, I noticed he used teleporters which I forgot about such existence. Walking will be greatly reduced and everything is going to be teleportable to. Main world is almost done setup as this is being posted, I'm expecting to also setup teleporters in Crimson and Hallow very soon.

He did not however had the item I was looking for the recipe, but the complete item. Fuck, I'll take it. Also a Terra sword has been taken which will further decrease boss battle times. Every accessory now has the WARDING prefix, which means that the current build has max defense I'm willing to get. I could go further with Beetle + Paladin Shield, but fuck that.

Edited by TheYuriG
extra info
  • Like 2

On 12/24/2016 at 3:32 AM, TheYuriG said:

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, but I have other things to pick up from Lion anyway so I need to have him in my game once again for a few minutes, so I'll kill 2 birds with one stone. I would take the Terra blade if you had one or the ankh shield, since all I'm needing for it is the skeleton-dungeon drop that never comes.

Well I am free tomorrow: since I will be platting it after the pink slime I can give you a few items I no longer need.

Terra Blade, Rudolph Mount, Legendary Picksaw, Homing Bubble Wand Weapon, Some Water Candles, and a few other things.

10 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

This guide is going to get a major overhaul. When visiting @Deceptrox's world yesterday, I noticed he used teleporters which I forgot about such existence. Walking will be greatly reduced and everything is going to be teleportable to. Main world is almost done setup as this is being posted, I'm expecting to also setup teleporters in Crimson and Hallow very soon.

He did not however had the item I was looking for the recipe, but the complete item. Fuck, I'll take it. Also a Terra sword has been taken which will further decrease boss battle times. Every accessory now has the WARDING prefix, which means that the current build has max defense I'm willing to get. I could go further with Beetle + Paladin Shield, but fuck that.

Which item were you looking for? 

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Nazar, but I don't need it anymore since you gave me the Ankh Shield now.

Yeah, I just understood what you were trying to say. 

Btw, teleporters had issues for me over long distances, I'm not sure if this is happening because of the close distance between the wiring of different colors, though.

Regarding blades, the Horseman's Blade is my personal favorite.

Edited by Deceptrox

On 12/22/2016 at 3:17 PM, TheYuriG said:

I just want the legendary picksaw as that is the best modifier it can have. Having that, the Drax will no longer be necessary as that one is faster and better to use.

Guessing you want to earn the items legit?  I can just give you stuff if you need it, including picksaw and any item like Ankh. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

Did a major overhaul to the guide, would appreciate if anyone could read it from scratch and find anything that doesn't make sense. Your time is appreciated. Looking for new carries to test this out.

Edit need to be made to the Solo step about the overnight afk method for slimes. Will do that later when guide is fully developed and images are added.

Edited by TheYuriG

31 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Did a major overhaul to the guide, would appreciate if anyone could read it from scratch and find anything that doesn't make sense. Your time is appreciated. Looking for new carries to test this out.

*does his best Donkey impression*

Oh, oh, pick me, pick me!

10 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

93% completion ratio, this is going to be very quick. Add me on PSN, I'm free today the whole day so we can arrange to start. See if you can download Discord so we organize this better.

i do not want to waste your time. let me download all the updates and do the tutorial again as it's been over 3 years since i last played it

Just finished @Lucksi666's carry and seems that everything works better than planned. The heaven and hell teleporters are able to pop Icarus, Rock Bottom, Hellevator, all at once, in a matter of 5 seconds (gotta check To Hell And Back because he already had that one prior). Guide is not yet updated this far because I updated it in a pessimistic way because I didn't think it would work. and there is still more tweaking to do.

All boss items have been moved to Plantera Killing Field and because of that, now I need to move the surface teleporter down because it's pointless to spawn up there. Glowing letters should be removed soon as well. Legendary Death Sickle is a monster against the boss rush, we both killed all bosses under a 8 minutes timer. Might move Eye of Tchulu summoning item there as well. I need some better way to kill King Slime though, because its spawn is pretty retarded far away and most of the times he spawns underlevel and I can't find him even using the map.

I need a ps vita or ps4 player to find where is the exact trigger for the Gone in 60 seconds trophy because I wanna put a teleporter right after that that will move into the crafty teleporter. Lucksi was ps3 and his trophy triggers 6 seconds after the requirement, so it's not reliable.

Probably gonna make the changes during the week because I had too much terraria today and I'm pretty overwhelmed. Might just keep blowing Hell up to increase my Corruption counter for today since that's pretty mindless to do, dinamites are fun.

the guide is written well, easy to understand, yet not idiotproof as I just demonstrated.Maybe put in a sentence that autosave should be turned on in case of connection losses, so that your equipment and progress is not lost.

Aside from that, everything unlocked when it should and went faster than i thought possible. Thank you very much.

Just now, Lucksi666 said:

the guide is written well, easy to understand, yet not idiotproof as I just demonstrated.Maybe put in a sentence that autosave should be turned on in case of connection losses, so that your equipment and progress is not lost.

Aside from that, everything unlocked when it should and went faster than i thought possible. Thank you very much.

I actually thought autosave was there from start, maybe you had it turned off in your backup save or something? @Lion of the Lolis and @MilanYildirim, did you both had to trigger auto save manually?