TheYuriG's ULTIMATE Terraria Carry Walkthrough

TheYuriG

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I actually thought autosave was there from start, maybe you had it turned off in your backup save or something? @Lion of the Lolis and @MilanYildirim, did you both had to trigger auto save manually?

Nope, mine was on from the start. I didn't actually know you could turn it off until I started trading items with Milan and his world post carry. So mine was on from the install of the game.

• Like 1

I have FINALLY destroyed the whole dungeon!

Hk2dYeg.jpg

vbU115K.jpg

Corruption placement will start in the following days. The squares you see in game are the dungeon key chests, I think I got all key/molds, except for the crimson one that I've farmed hours for and nothing. I want the life leeching weapon. :(

I've also taken screenshots of the whole thing. This Carry Guide will become less of a huge wall text and more of an animated tutorial. Hope it makes it less boring so people ACTUALLY READ IT and don't sit in my game having no idea what to do.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

corruption is soon to be achieved, sitting at 45% right now and it was 36% when I started. Should be done tomorrow if I'm motivated to keep dropping sand

majority of screenshots have been taking and edited with my majorlazorl33t paint skills. I'm questioning myself if I'm adding the majority of them now and the rest later or all of them at once. :hmm:

• Like 2

This is it, guide has been revamped and tinkered to its ultimate, final version. I doubt there is anything else that can be added here to further improve it (except for a teleporter in step 4, but that will require some more testing before I render it necessary).

Honestly, this guide is now understandable by even someone who never played Terraria before. If this is still confusing to anyone, I really, really should give up writing guides.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 6:17 AM, TheYuriG said:

The squares you see in game are the dungeon key chests, I think I got all key/molds, except for the crimson one that I've farmed hours for and nothing. I want the life leeching weapon. :(

If you still need this, I have it. Will be a while before I could use it anyways. Playing solo, first time, from scratch. I just killed my first mech boss (Destroyer). Amazing effort on the guide and game bud. I'm enjoying myself and don't particularly want free trophies, but I could definitely see myself asking you for help with the pets. Looks like a pain.

3 minutes ago, laundrymatt77 said:

If you still need this, I have it. Will be a while before I could use it anyways. Playing solo, first time, from scratch. I just killed my first mech boss (Destroyer). Amazing effort on the guide and game bud. I'm enjoying myself and don't particularly want free trophies, but I could definitely see myself asking you for help with the pets. Looks like a pain.

I didn't actually have a crimson chest in that world because (incredibly) crimson chests are exclusive to the crimson worlds and that screenshot was of my corruptible world. I highly recommend that you boost armors, pets, crafty and the world trophies. You can easily get everything else your own without too much time or effort (except maybe NPCs? 

3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I didn't actually have a crimson chest in that world because (incredibly) crimson chests are exclusive to the crimson worlds and that screenshot was of my corruptible world. I highly recommend that you boost armors, pets, crafty and the world trophies. You can easily get everything else your own without too much time or effort (except maybe NPCs? 

Ahhh, well if you do need it you are more than welcome. At some point I'll use it to obtain the weapon, it sounds pretty powerful. I have a ways to go first, however. I may seek help on some of those grind fests you mentioned, I think I'm doing OK though.....two NPC's left to move in, only the end game armor left to craft (which I can't really work on until I progress a bit). I'd want to at least try out the Clentaminator first and see how hard/time consuming it would be. I think I'm only missing a few crafting stations as well, and those are ones I haven't had the opportunity to use yet.

I think that once I find my last few life fruits for max health/mana, kill a rainbow slime, and defeat the other 2 mech bosses/plantera.... I will re-evaluate how much more time I want to put in. Maybe then I will see if you are willing to help me out on the grindy stuff.

Also, I've put in about 250-300 baits on fishing, and I've gotten some pretty cool stuff.....but none were the potions you mentioned. Must be pretty rare.

I have the potions now, but you don't fish them. You fish the ingredients for them which i didn't want to bother with. 

If you gonna try doing the worlds legit, let me at least give you the contaminated salt and block Placer. Trust me, the clentaminator won't be nearly enough. 

You can get 87% of the bosses killed in my world in about... 2 minutes. Bear in mind thay soloing plantera is no easy feat, not even at highest armor/weapons. I still die sometimes soloing it. 

10 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I have the potions now, but you don't fish them. You fish the ingredients for them which i didn't want to bother with. 

If you gonna try doing the worlds legit, let me at least give you the contaminated salt and block Placer. Trust me, the clentaminator won't be nearly enough. 

You can get 87% of the bosses killed in my world in about... 2 minutes. Bear in mind thay soloing plantera is no easy feat, not even at highest armor/weapons. I still die sometimes soloing it. 

I looked that up after I commented, I didn't realize fishing was so in-depth. I was just chunking my flesh catcher in the ocean haha. 

I'll join discord and send you a PSN message next time I play. Will probably be a few days. 

9 hours ago, mahoganyman said:

Is this thread for boosting trophies?  My friend and I just need the ones for all armor, all pets, and a hallowed world

Maybe. The thread content seems to point toward that direction? 

35 minutes ago, laundrymatt77 said:

I looked that up after I commented, I didn't realize fishing was so in-depth. I was just chunking my flesh catcher in the ocean haha. 

I'll join discord and send you a PSN message next time I play. Will probably be a few days. 

Feel free to add me already on both. Tell me what trophies you need when we get to it so i make a mental route of where to go. 

• 4 weeks later...