bad reviews on a great game...

Piggie_Pie

Most reviewers can kiss my ass simply because they always want to rate some boring as shit thing a 9/10, 10/10, etc. and when you finally get your hands on the critically acclaimed product, it's like,"Wow, this is utter shit."

Oh, and don't get me started with IGN. They've the most bullshit on their plate because of their 9's and 10's left and right for games that barely deserve the award.

From what I've learned, if you want the product, then go for it. Don't let others shape your opinion, cause you can miss out on some great things.

EXACTLY!!! Reviews are close to useless, we should all make up our own minds on games. The majority of the time I disagree with reviews, so why put any stock in them?

• Like 1

They did not rate ACIII that badly. I think it got around an eight. Game Informer however, gave ACIII a 9.5. If we want to talk about a game that got rated HORRIBLY, then look at Medal of Honor Warfighter. While, yes it had issues, it was not a bad game at all. It totally deserved a 7. It was average, but arguably the best MOH ever.

actually gamespot gave a 8/10 to Medal of Honor Warfighter and ign 4/10...

While you are right, the overall reception for the title was well below average, with some critics called it,"Worst game they've played." Medal of Honor is a serious FPS that at least shows a sort of "realistic" war experience but it's in a market that is flatuated with shooters left and right. I don't mean to bash on COD or any other shooter, but if they hadn't released a military FPS every few months, MoH Warfighter would have probably have a better score than what it currently does.

• Like 1

EXACTLY!!! Reviews are close to useless, we should all make up our own minds on games. The majority of the time I disagree with reviews, so why put any stock in them?

Agreed i don't let reviews shape my opinion. Ill buy the game and play it before i make any opinion. Never go by reviews because half the time they are bullshit.
  • Like 1

Wow...thanks for the info! I had no idea that there was any reviewer in the whole world that had a good opinion of Warfighter. It is refreshing to hear someone say something positive about the game. :)

While you are right, the overall reception for the title was well below average, with some critics called it,"Worst game they've played." Medal of Honor is a serious FPS that at least shows a sort of "realistic" war experience but it's in a market that is flatuated with shooters left and right. I don't mean to bash on COD or any other shooter, but if they hadn't released a military FPS every few months, MoH Warfighter would have probably have a better score than what it currently does.

As usual, Scotty, you are 110% correct! ;)

Agreed i don't let reviews shape my opinion. Ill buy the game and play it before i make any opinion. Never go by reviews because half the time they are bullshit.

That is a great deduction! :P I agree completely.

• Like 1

I have no problem letting certain reviewers shape my opinion, it just takes a little effort and study to find someone who is generally on the same page. When I found Angry Joe I backtracked through some of his old reviews to compare my thoughts to his and with the exception of online passes his opinion and mine were always right in line with eachother.

There's nothing wrong with using a review for information and guidelines... just don't do it blindly.

The couple hundred people that post regularly on this site (as well as other game and trophy sites) are not the norm when it comes to casual gaming. We all have a tendency to be much more well informed then the average gamer (In my opinion). I share piggies frustration in that I love JRPG's and they often get the raw end of the deal when it comes to non biased reviews. Many people visit IGN and just strictly look at a number 2/5 or 4/10 and completely skip that review and never give it a chance. Without the support, many games don't get ported, so it's a vicious circle for fan's of certain genres.

I agree with watching Angry Joe for no bullshit reviews. I pretty much agree with every review I have ever watched from him.

They did not rate ACIII that badly. I think it got around an eight. Game Informer however, gave ACIII a 9.5. If we want to talk about a game that got rated HORRIBLY, then look at Medal of Honor Warfighter. While, yes it had issues, it was not a bad game at all. It totally deserved a 7. It was average, but arguably the best MOH ever.

They gave AC 3 an 8.5 as far as I'm concerned, that isn't too bad....

Oh I think it was Liberation then?

Is that considered bad? I don't know much about that.

No, by no means is it bad, it just means average. I think 6-7 seems to be average. 1-5 is obviously negative, and 8-10 is highly solid, if not close to perfection if it is a 9 or 10. :) This is how I look at ratings anyway. I hope this helps you out. Anyway, another way to think about it is that 7 points out of a possible 10 is kind of like the game got more points than it did not get if you know what I mean. It got seven points, and it did not get three points out of a total of 10...........now I am just getting confusing. lol :blah:

Okay it seems good then. I haven't got a Vita so I don't know much about the game.

But I heard more bad things than good things about the Vita. :(

Your always going to hear good and bad things about any game or system's as far as i am concerned. As i have said in my previous post get it for your self then judge whether its worth it for yourself. If your hearing good "and" bad things about it then it more then likely that it just a bunch of jumbled up opinions. The vita is just a money maker and if one person doesn't like what they charged and there's one feature he doesn't like they'll set the wheel in motion for the critical reviews and it always happens. My opinion is the vita is a great system, but it has its flaws as everything does. PS3 sure isn't perfect eehh?
  • Like 2

Your always going to hear good and bad things about any game or system's as far as i am concerned. As i have said in my previous post get it for your self then judge whether its worth it for yourself. If your hearing good "and" bad things about it then it more then likely that it just a bunch of jumbled up opinions. The vita is just a money maker and if one person doesn't like what they charged and there's one feature he doesn't like they'll set the wheel in motion for the critical reviews and it always happens. My opinion is the vita is a great system, but it has its flaws as everything does. PS3 sure isn't perfect eehh?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks sir.

• Like 1

Okay it seems good then. I haven't got a Vita so I don't know much about the game.

Don't believe what you hear. The Vita is a marvelous device, and was worth all the money I paid for it. It has console worthy graphics and gameplay right in your hands. It may be more expensive then the 3DS, but that is just because the tech and features are DRASTICALLY better and more advanced.

• Like 3

Don't believe what you hear. The Vita is a marvelous device, and was worth all the money I paid for it. It has console worthy graphics and gameplay right in your hands. It may be more expensive then the 3DS, but that is just because the tech and features are DRASTICALLY better and more advanced.

Agreed. That is definitely said better then i could have put it.

I love the Vita... the Vita itself is an amazing gadget... the ONLY issue i have would be some of the games are gimmicky with the touch controls...

I don't want to sound like more of a fanboy than i already am but thats where Ragnarok really does a great job... they didn't force any gimmicky touch controls on you... but the touch controls that ARE in the game are well placed (i also placed a quote about that from Destructoid... see the OP).

Otherwise... i have almost considered making the Vita my primary gaming system... they just need more games :)

I believe that you need to have one in your hand and see how you like it for yourself... chances are, you will love it

Edited by piggie_pie
  • Like 1

IGN is probably on a couple game companies payroll. They listed everything wrong with COD and praised the graphics of the new MOH and ive it a 4 something rating and it sounded better than COD, there going to list the same problems with COD BO2 and going to give it a 9 plus. Greg Miller the guy who has cancer rated Madden 13 a 9.0, which from what ive seen is the highest review, everyone else was in the 7.5, but the guy he was playing with was his friend from EA! They suck up to other companies, i guess for money or some back door deal bc there reviews sometimes just make no sense!

Edited by BMJ2K7

And you'll generally hear the "bad" from people who don't even own the system. Everyone I know who actually has the system has been more than impressed and most of us agree that it is quite possible the best handheld that has ever been released. Ever. Just needs more support from developers and some more great games.

Parker

• Like 1

I stopped caring what IGN rated games LONG ago. The only thing I watch from them are reviews just to see how a game looks. Granted not all of their reviews are bad, but I have kept an open mind about what they say about a certain game since as mentioned above, they have been known to be biased.

The really low point for me was that gamer entitlement video Colin made talking about the fans reaction to the Mass Effect 3 ending. I'm sure that helped their reputation.

Edited by omegarevan