Coop: Adventure Besties

dalailama1989

Hey!

Me and my partner had quite a few problems unlocking this one although we were sure to have met the requirements. We read about a method and can confirm, that it worked perfectly for us and hopefully also for some of you struggling to get this one.

The player who hosts the game has to start with a brand-new/fresh savegame (and should copy the old one to USB).
The host selects the Adventure Besties Challenge (and only this one; the second player should pick no challenge at all).

Using cards is fine - we picked Toxicity, upgraded Compound Bow and an fully skilled outfit each.

Only the host picks up the artifacts - while the second player stands right next to him.
We only got exactly five (not ten!) artifacts (in this case all of them were medium sized, no large one's this time - but that shouldn't matter, as the spawns are random) and NO small artifacts.
Then we extracted and got the trophy.

(It was posted on trueachievements, but I forgot where I read about the thing with the fresh savegame. Maybe it's not needed, but can't hurt)

The trophy desciption is a little vague, as it could mean "collect 5 artifacts" or "collect 5 and 5". I saw several threads stating, that ten are needed, but we definetly only got five in total.

Hope this helps someone. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what I've done so far and failed:

Did not host:

1)The other guy collected a combination of 5 medium and large artefacts. I was not near him. Failed

2)The other guy got a combination of 10 (4 medium, 6 large). I was not near him. Failed

I hosted (and selected the challenge):

3) I collected a combination of 5 medium and large by myself. The other guy was not near me. Survived 14 days, got the trophy for 10 days and 20 artifacts. Failed

4) My partner and I both contributed to the 5 combined artefacts. Failed

In all the above runs we did pick up random small artefacts.

Could the trophy mean you need at least 5 of either medium or large?  I never had 5 of one kind.

How do you select a single challenge? You automatically start with 2, and I don't know how to delete one.

Edited by Great__Cornholio

How do you select a single challenge? You automatically start with 2, and I don't know how to delete one.

You and your partner have two challenges each pre-selected in the menu. Just click on any of the two and change it to whatever trophy you would like to tackle in this playthrough.

So can choose four challenges each time and there are 13 trophies, so you have to start at least four expeditions.

I would suggest going for those challenges first, which don't require to be rescued or collecting things, but rather the combat-related one's. Once you got all four trophies from the challenges you have selected, you can simply quit back to the menu.

Edit: misread that you only want to select one challenge. I forgot which button is the delete-button, but it's shown somewhere on the screen. I think it was triangle.

Edited by dalailama1989

I finally got the trophy and here's what I ddi:

I did not delete my old save.

I did not select only a single challenge, but helped my partner with my 2nd challenge.

I was host, I selected the challenge, I collected all 5 artefacts (3 medium, 2 large).

My partner was near me when I collected each of the 5.  He collected 13 small artefacts too.

I accidentally collected a small artefact while trying to get cloth, that didn't void the trophy.

We did not wait another day, but extracted right away. We failed Master and Apprentice because we didn't wait 10 days.

My partner also got the trophy.

Conclusions:

In my past attempts perhaps I didn't get all 5, and that's why I failed?

Or it was because my partner was not nearby?

You do not need 10, but only a combination of 5 large+medium.

Extract as soon as you got a total of 5, not 6,7,8 or any other number.

Definitely whoever selects the challenge has to pick up all 5 artefacts.

Hope this helps someone else...

Edited by Great__Cornholio