no longer serves online :V

cisne_tapado1

Is this confirmed info? Because if so, there is only one Q game to plat and complete the alphabet.

I don't know, as I really can't translate the original post. It could mean the servers are temporarily down, dead, or completely offline.

I will see if I can get more information.

• Like 1

I don't know, as I really can't translate the original post. It could mean the servers are temporarily down, dead, or completely offline.

I will see if I can get more information.

Let me do that for you:

I'm disappointed as it happened with Darksiders 2. Now with this (game) that can not have (the platinum). I just realized that (the developers) removed the (online) services a week ago. I had a lot of willpower to get the platinum (which is now impossible). Only good thing is that now I learned to not play games that have more than 2 years of release   :facepalm:

• Like 1

Let me do that for you:

I can't find any official info online about server closures. This is a Activision-Blizzard published game, and I certainly can't find an announcement anywhere.

That said, the online trophies that are earned here look to be pretty few and far between - most are late Sept, with one that was earned in Oct. There was frequently a 1-2 week gap between earners in a lot of the online trophy lists.

At this point, it remains a distinct possibility that online is just dead, and that perhaps there was an outage that hasn't yet been restored.

I thought Sony required some degree of notice for permanent closures.

• Like 2

I can't find any official info online about server closures. This is a Activision-Blizzard published game, and I certainly can't find an announcement anywhere.

That said, the online trophies that are earned here look to be pretty few and far between - most are late Sept, with one that was earned in Oct. There was frequently a 1-2 week gap between earners in a lot of the online trophy lists.

At this point, it remains a distinct possibility that online is just dead, and that perhaps there was an outage that hasn't yet been restored.

I thought Sony required some degree of notice for permanent closures.

Think most companies are meant to give a 30 day warning before closure, but since there is no legislation, there is also no punishment for who doesn't obey. I checked the trophies as well and the gaps are big, so the servers might really have closed or not. Checked .org quickly and didn't see a thing, maybe the OP thinks he is passing forward trusty info when it's only a hiccup.

EDIT: checked it again and a portuguese guy posted this a few minutes ago: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/quantum-of-solace/297670-servers-close-without-warning.html

Is it Quantum Theory? That game looked like total crap...

...and I just checked, and it IS Quantum Theory. Ugh. Come on, someone - give us a plat with Q!

Yup, that's the one. Honestly, I was thinking about QT more than Solace. I remember a few months back, zadorpv was begging to the greater trophy gods for QUBE to have a plat. I don't remember ever seeing someone more disappointed than him and when it didn't came with one. Well, it's not like I'm only Q away from completing the ABC, so I'm not in a hurry. Another game will come a few years down the road, I'm sure.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

Somebody uses google translate too much. It really only works for short 3 or 4 word sentences...if even that.

If you check the forum threads from the game page, you will see 2 other threads by this guy in spanish, clicking them takes you nowhere. I believe he tried to create this very same thread in spanish and the mods delete them both, so he created it again in english this time. Don't think the guy had any option, but to use google translate. I understand his struggle, honestly.

I hope this is temporary aswell!

Whats frustrates me like hell is that i just got a 4th copy of the game and was going to self boost the online trophies and when i tried to get on last night i got stuck in "searching for game" on all 4 accounts at the same time. I could get ingame in a private match but couldn't invite my other accounts either.

Seriously how hard is it to give some notice of server closures????

• Like 1

The servers aren't down. You can still hop in them, you just can't find a single match. You can definitely party up with other players; you just can't party up with people on your same home network UNLESS someone else invites your accounts one by one, and you give the invite screen a little bit of time to know that you are going to be joining.

All trophies must be earned in public matches, so there's no way around that. My friend is going to hit up Activision and be passive aggressive with them, contrasting them to EA by saying that they don't treat their player base well. But, only time will tell. All we can do is just wait and see.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...