Is it possible to sneak myself into US server?

pokwey

Since this goddamn game servers are region locked and I'm fortunately (sarcasm) live in Asia where the server is a freaking ghost town. Is it possible for me to connect to US server via VPN or proxy server on my PS3? Has anyone outside of US or EU tried this kind of method? If there's a way, would you kindly share it here? Been googling about this kind of thing but all I got is shite. I need a closure on this plat, whether I'm doomed or there's a way that I can sneak myself into US server.

P.S. Ive already gotten the XP trophies, what's left is Serial Killer, Six pack, and The Uninfected trophies.

Add: Also, this is not a boosting thread, so mods please don't crucify me.

• Like 1

Quite sure servers are locked to the version of the disc you use, not your real location or system origin. Buy a NA disc and you should be fine. Don't quote me on this if this game works differently from eevery other game i know, I couldn't predict.

My disc is NA version, everytime I'm trying to find a match with other boosters, as usual it fails. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the server you're connect to are based on where the user live and only manage to find a match if the other user live in nearby country?

have you tried hooking your

ps3 up to a vpn?

https://hide.me/en/blog/2015/06/how-to-setup-vpn-on-ps3-and-ps4/

Thanks man, I'll try this when I'm home.

My disc is NA version, everytime I'm trying to find a match with other boosters, as usual it fails. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the server you're connect to are based on where the user live and only manage to find a match if the other user live in nearby country?

Not in every game I've played so far. Every locked server game I've played until this day uses your disc region to select what region you gonna play, not your system country origin nor your current location.

• 3 weeks later...

Since this goddamn game servers are region locked and I'm fortunately (sarcasm) live in Asia where the server is a freaking ghost town. Is it possible for me to connect to US server via VPN or proxy server on my PS3? Has anyone outside of US or EU tried this kind of method? If there's a way, would you kindly share it here? Been googling about this kind of thing but all I got is shite. I need a closure on this plat, whether I'm doomed or there's a way that I can sneak myself into US server.

P.S. Ive already gotten the XP trophies, what's left is Serial Killer, Six pack, and The Uninfected trophies.

Add: Also, this is not a boosting thread, so mods please don't crucify me.

Where you able to earn some of these trophies from other region players?

Cause when I played this for plat, I noticed some of the modes(which unlock certain trophies), where region locked, and some where not region locked. The Uninfected is for sure one of them, as my Australia boosters couldn't help or earn that one with us together. Who are you trying to boost with? (what region players) You sure you have the NA disc? We had a group of 3 american boosters, and had to wait for a random to join, and we all got The Uninfected trophy in a hour, I think i chumped it up about 5 times, before I got it, which unlocked plat for me.

standard Deathmatch is region locked.

But the Serial Killer trophy, can be earned on any deathmatch mode. I don't remember what mode we used, but it wasn't  standard Deathmatch, so just figure out what other deathmatch modes are available, and use that to get your 10 wins. Win 10 Ranked Matches in any Deathmatch mode

My Australian boosters where able to help earn serial killer, but couldn't get Killer Instinct trophy with me.

I was able to earn the The Six Pack trophy with them, we did have the hardest time finding each other, it was like whack a mole. But i think once I found 1 pal player, or they found me, they could invite the other pal players to the party.

The Six Pack trophy is also very misleading, as you need a group of 7 people, perhaps 8 to start the match, It mentions 6 friends, but it doesn't count yourself as 1 of those 6.

Edited by bcks007
  • Like 1

Where you able to earn some of these trophies from other region players?

Cause when I played this for plat, I noticed some of the modes(which unlock certain trophies), where region locked, and some where not region locked. The Uninfected is for sure one of them, as my Australia boosters couldn't help or earn that one with use together. Who are you trying to boost with? (what region players) You sure you have the NA disc?

IIrc the deathmatch trophies where also region locked. 

I was able to earn the The Six Pack trophy with them, we did have the hardest time finding each other, it was like whack a mole. But i think once I found 1 pal player, or they found me, they could invite the other pal players to the party.

The Six Pack trophy is also very misleading, as you need a group of 7 people, perhaps 8 to start the match, It mentions 6 friends, but it doesn't count yourself as 1 of those 6.

The ESRB rating is pretty famous, so I think he would know if he had the NA disc.

Yup, without a shadow of a doubt my copy is NA. Been in gaming for a decade and a half man, of course I know what's a Region 1, 2, 3, or 4 that's printed on the spine of the bluray package bruh.

I'm frustrated and annoyed with this plat. Also, I've earned the 10 killstreak trophy, it can be earned in TDM, the persecutor status trophy, and completing first ranked match. All I needed to earn my plat is uninfected, sixpack, win the first ranked DM, and 10 ranked DM.

A part of me wished that Rebellion announced that they're closing the game server so plat hunters came rushing and filling the server, doing boosting sessions

• 1 month later...

This is not true, the servers are not at all region locked, disc or otherwise, I as an Australian booster was able to connect to American and Poles and we also had different BLES codes.

But it is still extremely annoying to group together, what my group had to do was to get 1 person to search at a time, and wait between 4-10minutes until they connect and then send out another guy to join.

Good luck with trying to knock out those trophies, you have to have a pretty tolerant group to put up with it.