NX aka Nintendo switch revealed! (3rd party support revealed & backed by NVIDIA)

xZoneHunter

I'm getting one. Usually I wait for the Zelda release before I grab a Nintendo console and this one's front loaded. 

In surprised there isn't much excitement on here, considering how much Vita love I see. This thing is an advancement of remote play. I can only hope Sony comes up with something similar or better. 

6 hours ago, ultraomega22 said:

definitely not a day one buy for me maybe down the road. The wii u was fun at first but there was like a good year and a half that i didn't even touch it cause was wasn't any that that where getting released.

5 hours ago, Auralancer42 said:

I'm getting one. Usually I wait for the Zelda release before I grab a Nintendo console and this one's front loaded. 

In surprised there isn't much excitement on here, considering how much Vita love I see. This thing is an advancement of remote play. I can only hope Sony comes up with something similar or better. 

I skipped the WiiU, there were not enough games on there I wanted to play. If I get a Nintendo console then I'll get Party/Kart/Smash but it has to offer more. WiiU never had a Zelda or a Mario game with a 3D open world like 64 or Galaxy. Switch has already shown Zelda, if they have an open world Mario then I'm game. I just hope we haven't seen the last of my other favourite Nintendo franchises, F-Zero and Star Fox...

There isn't that much love for the Vita on PSNP. There's the people who love it for the Japanese games, there's the people who like to use it if they can't use the television to play on the PS4 and there are those who have it because they were getting free games for it. I'm part of the latter two, by the way, I only got it for the PS+ games but now I'm also using it to play on my PS4. But all three of those Vita groups, while potentially interested in the Switch, will probably wait with getting hyped until they know what games will be produced for the Switch.

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

And... what more do you need? :awesome: 

... Exactly, that's what you and many others like, but you're still a minority. Many people on here don't care about Japanese games and feel like the Vita has bombed.

... But that's a discussion for enough different threads already.

43 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

There isn't that much love for the Vita on PSNP. There's the people who love it for the Japanese games, there's the people who like to use it if they can't use the television to play on the PS4 and there are those who have it because they were getting free games for it. I'm part of the latter two, by the way, I only got it for the PS+ games but now I'm also using it to play on my PS4. But all three of those Vita groups, while potentially interested in the Switch, will probably wait with getting hyped until they know what games will be produced for the Switch.

Wouldn't say that. The number of active members on the forum supporting the Vita is high on this site (and TBH: It's quite biased).

Personally I will wait how the Switch turns out. When I first tried the Wii U back on a convention in 2012 I it was nice to try the different minigames of Nintendo Land with the asynchronous gameplay. It wasn't a concept I really cared for but at that time I really enjoyed playing some of those cult Wii-games like Super Mario Galaxy. In 2014 I decided to buy a Wii U although there wasn't any particular game out yet that I was interested in but there were some to come out. The trailers for Xenoblade Chronicles X looked gorgeous, I still had the hope for a real 3D Mario oh and there was at least Yoshi's Woolly World. But Xenoblade's gameplay was a no-go for me (don't like those kinds of open world RPGs), there never came a real 3D Mario and Yoshi's Woolly World didn't really catch me. Overall the Wii U was a big failure for me and if I'm not totally mistaken I maybe played it for about 40 hours in about 2 1/2 years (~70 hours with the playtime of my girlfriend combined). To say that the Wii U was a waste of money for me is an understatement.

Now I learned my lesson and I will only buy the Switch when there are three or four games released which I really care for. But when it will not only be the follow-up of the Wii U but also for the 3DS, it will land in our household sooner or later as the 3DS-library is of much higher interest for us.

Edited by Crimson Idol
Typo

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Personally I will wait how the Switch turns out. When I first tried the Wii U back on a convention in 2012 I it was nice to try the different minigames of Nintendo Land with the asynchronous gameplay. It wasn't a concept I really cared for but at that time I really enjoyed playing some of those cult Wii-games like Super Mario Galaxy. In 2014 I decided to buy a Wii U although there wasn't any particular game out yet that I was interested in but there were some to come out. The trailers for Xenoblade Chronicles X looked gorgeous, I still had the hope for a real 3D Mario oh and there was at least Yoshi's Woolly World. But Xenoblade's gameplay was a no-go for me (don't like those kinds of open world RPGs), there never came a real 3D Mario and Yoshi's Woolly World didn't really catch me. Overall the Wii U was a big failure for me and if I'm not totally mistaken I maybe played it for about 40 hours in about 2 1/2 years (~70 hours with the playtime of my girlfriend combined). To say that the Wii U was a waste of money for me is an understatement.

After this failure I learned my lesson and I will only buy the Switch when there are three or four games released which I really care for. But when it will not only be the follow-up of the Wii U but also for the 3DS I think it will land in our household sooner or later as the 3DS-library is of much higher interest for us.

This just made me realise that Nintendo is indeed seeing it as a hybrid... Meaning we just might get a full Pokémon game on there instead of just some Colosseum/Snap/Stadium knock-off. Now THAT would be cool.

Note that I think that another Pokémon Snap game (one with more mons in it, but preferably Gen1) would be pretty cool as well.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

This just made me realise that Nintendo is indeed seeing it as a hybrid... Meaning we just might get a full Pokémon game on there instead of just some Colosseum/Snap/Stadium knock-off. Now THAT would be cool.

Note that I think that another Pokémon Snap game (one with more mons in it, but preferably Gen1) would be pretty cool as well.

Why do people always mention Pokémon? xD

There's so many more games that make the handhelds by Nintendo so much better. The Layton-games, Animal Crossing (handheld-versions are the prefered ones by the fans), the Kirby-games, Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Fire Emblem, and then those quriky games like Nintendo Pocket Football Club, Mario vs. Donkey Kong and for those interested in J-Games Monster Hunter and the JRPGs like Shin Megami Tensei, or Bravely.

Oh and I wouldn't think that Nintendo will publish another Pokémon Snap anytime soon. The Wii U-gamepad would have been the perfect opportunity and they missed it.

27 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Why do people always mention Pokémon? xD

There's so many more games that make the handhelds by Nintendo so much better. The Layton-games, Animal Crossing (handheld-versions are the prefered ones by the fans), the Kirby-games, Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Fire Emblem, and then those quriky games like Nintendo Pocket Football Club, Mario vs. Donkey Kong and for those interested in J-Games Monster Hunter and the JRPGs like Shin Megami Tensei, or Bravely.

Oh and I wouldn't think that Nintendo will publish another Pokémon Snap anytime soon. The Wii U-gamepad would have been the perfect opportunity and they missed it.

All games I would not be interested in, except for maybe Layton, never had the chance to find out if I would like those. I love Kirby's Dream land on the Game Boy but Kirby has been a console player since the SNES days so it's not something the console crowd is missing out on. Pokémon is actually one of the few things I would actually like a Nintendo handheld for were it not for the fact that I care less and less about newer Pokémon. When I had the 3DS, I played three games mostly: Pokémon Y, Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina Of Time 3D.

Now, if you would have said Ace Attorney...

7 minutes ago, Splathew said:

I keep waiting for them to wow me and they just haven't. :(

They're drip-feeding the bombs in between other games. For me and for now, Super Mario Odyssey is the first and only one but it's enough next to knowing there's a Zelda. The revelation that the controllers can work like those on the Wii is coolvas well.

9 minutes ago, deepwater324 said:

I would sell my soul to play Xenoblade 2. This is the greatest thing that could have happened.

Never played the first one but the huge sky whale looked cool. What's this game about?

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Even Mario? As stated earlier in this thread, an open world Mario is all I needed to be persuaded.

I mean it looked good and all but not $360 good after getting the console and the game.

I can definitely say I'm gonna get a Switch, just not at release. All the games they showed that interested me, i.e. Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and SMT V presumably, probably won't be out until 2018 or beyond. As for Breath of the Wild, I'll get that on Wii U at some point in time since I already have one.

32 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Never played the first one but the huge sky whale looked cool. What's this game about?

Xenoblade takes place on the bodies of two dead giants. The main character lives on the leg of one of the giants and can see visions of the future. He goes out on a quest of revenge after beings from the other giant attack his village and murder his friend. From there, you travel all over the body of the giant as you make your way to the other giant.

That's the simple explanation, though there's a lot more to it than that. I'd love to talk about it more, but this probably isn't the place for it.

• Like 1

Who needs third party support when you have the hacking community's support? If the Switch ends up like the Wii and Wii U where they crack open the Game Cube emulator I'll be surprised if any portable comes along in the next ten years that tops that.

Aside from those dreams though, glad the price was what we were all expecting, hopefully it won't be too much more in Australia, either way, I have 350 down on one at EB, so I'll be day oneing this bitch. As for online play? Well, fuck paying for that shit anywhere. Wii U was fun online, but Switch is gonna be an offliner for me, just like the Xbox.