NX aka Nintendo switch revealed! (3rd party support revealed & backed by NVIDIA)

xZoneHunter

• 8 months later...
On 10/21/2016 at 1:13 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well, I'm buying this fucker day one. 

Please have more good games than you have in the last 10 years or so, Nintendo.

Well, a year and change on in review and

1. I got it at midnight, so that's good.

2. There's a shitload of games and I use it more than PS4 and Xbone combined most of the time, so that's good too.

Good job, NX.

• Like 1

I was so dismissive of the Switch a year ago... I blame the Wii and especially the Wii U.

Even after the January video, when I got kind of interested, I didn't think I'd get a console I'd love as much as the SNES and N64 back in the day. I, just like many others, dismissed the hybrid nature as a gimmick, not recognising it for the game changer it would be.

Not only has it become the console I play the most, the console that finally got me completely over trophies/achievements and the console I nearly always take with me, it's the console that made me prefer digital on AAA games - I bought three of the fuckers at full price on day one now; Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Well played, Nintendo.

43 minutes ago, Cubone said:

I was so dismissive of the Switch a year ago... I blame the Wii and especially the Wii U.

Even after the January video, when I got kind of interested, I didn't think I'd get a console I'd love as much as the SNES and N64 back in the day. I, just like many others, dismissed the hybrid nature as a gimmick, not recognising it for the game changer it would be.

Not only has it become the console I play the most, the console that finally got me completely over trophies/achievements and the console I nearly always take with me, it's the console that made me prefer digital on AAA games - I bought three of the fuckers at full price on day one now; Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Well played, Nintendo.

Congrats on the Switch bro! I am so jelly (in a benevolent way)!

I want to buy one as well, I immediately want to jump into Breath of the Wild and Odyssey when I get it.

Despite the poor sales, I still want a Wii U as well, I am a big fan of Pikmin, so I haven't played Pikmin 3 ;(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Primeape said:

Congrats on the Switch bro! I am so jelly (in a benevolent way)!

I want to buy one as well, I immediately want to jump into Breath of the Wild and Odyssey when I get it.

Despite the poor sales, I still want a Wii U as well, I am a big fan of Pikmin, so I haven't played Pikmin 3 ;(

What's keeping you? :)

If it's financial, personally I sold a lot of stuff so I could get a Switch. Figured I probably wouldn't use the Wii or Vita ever again after getting a Switch, so I sold them both. That was two thirds of the Switch taken care of :)

I've never been into the Wii U and it's the first Nintendo console I did not buy since I started console gaming with the SNES. It has a few games now that I'd play if I had the console anyway (Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby Epic Yarn, a Mario Party iteration) but nothing I'd buy the console for.

4 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Snip: Cubone says some cool stuff.

Yeah Wii had a lot of shovelware, but I am pretty happy with some games I have for it, best example being the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

No financial impediment, fun money just gets funneled into PS4/PS3/Retro games/Books/Statues instead. Guess I should stop that if I want a Switch lol?

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 1

Yeah Wii had a lot of shovelware, but I am pretty happy with some games I have for it, best example being the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

I never finished the last in the trilogy, I hope the set gets a re-release before the fourth game comes out.

There's some games why I miss having a Wii but then again the PS4 and Switch together have an amazing library. I'm even thinking of getting rid of my PS3.

No financial impediment, fun money just gets funneled into PS4/PS3/Retro games/Books/Statues instead. Guess I should stop that if I want a Switch lol?

Yeah, just keep your money to yourself for a few months and you'll reap the rewards :D

My financial situation was also mainly because I'm bad at saving up. I'm trying to behave now because me and the missus want to buy a house most of the saving will have to be done on my end, because my wife has a part-time job and is doing a follow-up education.

5 minutes ago, Cubone said:

I never finished the last in the trilogy, I hope the set gets a re-release before the fourth game comes out.

There's some games why I miss having a Wii but then again the PS4 and Switch together have an amazing library. I'm even thinking of getting rid of my PS3.

Yeah, just keep your money to yourself for a few months and you'll reap the rewards :D

My financial situation was also mainly because I'm bad at saving up. I'm trying to behave now because me and the missus want to buy a house most of the saving will have to be done on my end, because my wife has a part-time job and is doing a follow-up education.

That would be nice if they re-release it physically, or digitally at least!

Do you need some sort of screen protector for the Switch? I heard people who placed it on the dock get it torn up? Not sure, but heard something about this.

Well I wish you well with the house purchase!

You want to get rid of your PS3?

anigif_original-21381-1442281823-4.gif

Edited by Primeape

5 minutes ago, Primeape said:

That would be nice if they re-release it physically, or digitally at least!

Rumours are the Virtual Console will include Game Cube games on Switch. As mych as I'd like doing Metroid Prime and finishing the set, there's one reason I'm hyper when it comes to this rumour and that reason is Eternal Darkness.

Do you need some sort of screen protector for the Switch? I heard people who placed it on the dock get it torn up? Not sure, but heard something about this.

Need is a strong word and I'm still not sure if the people with scratches weren't just ripping the thing from the dock, but yeah I have a glass screen protector. Just like on my phone, really, both are devices I take around a lot and I don't want to buy a new one because I let it fall and it broke the screen.

Well I wish you well with the house purchase!

Thanks!

You want to get rid of your PS3?

anigif_original-21381-1442281823-4.gif

I sold every console I owned before the PS4, except for the N64, which eventually just gave up. Even my current SNES isn't the one I started on as a kid; sold that one so I could buy the N64.

I got into PS3 after already getting a PS4 because of the PS+ games, a mate gifted me his because he wasn't using it any more. I, in turn, gave my X360 then to another friend.

Right now, the PS3 just feels so slow in everything, and I don't even have enough time to play all my games on PS4 and Switch...

46 minutes ago, Primeape said:

Pikmin 3 is pretty great. I loved it. 

The Wii U has its fair share of great games, despite what most gamers thought. It definitely was a let down in the third party department though, which the Switch is making up for. 

Just now, MosesRockefeller said:

The Wii U has its fair share of great games, despite what most gamers thought. It definitely was a let down in the third party department though, which the Switch is making up for. 

There is a lot of great games, yeah. Bayonetta 2, The 2d and 3d Mario, Toad Treasure, and others.

Yeah 3rd party dead on Wii U lol.

15 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

12 minutes ago, Primeape said:

There is a lot of great games, yeah. Bayonetta 2, The 2d and 3d Mario, Toad Treasure, and others.

Yeah 3rd party dead on Wii U lol.

Did Nintendo ever have continued significant third party support on any console?

3 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

This thread is still alive?! 

Sorry for my part in the necromancy.

3 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

DS, though SNES had alot too.

I'm not familiar enough with the DS, though I guess that it's true that for home consoles, the N64 and later was when it really went awry.