NX aka Nintendo switch revealed! (3rd party support revealed & backed by NVIDIA)

xZoneHunter

Nintendo are so frustrating as a company. Instead of outright giving us an answer to our questions, they instead tell us they have nothing more to say at this time. Why even announce this new hardware if you're no going to give us any information? Is it so hard to answer a simple yes or no question about region locking?

Why should they reply to this questions when has you already saw and told there are people who buy it even without knowing nothing? So they can even wait for January as they announce to say something, for sure there are tons of people That like to play always the same games over and over that already Pre-Ordered it...

I See when it comes to Nintendo People are happy with Basic stuff an Example Was Pokèmon in 3D when it was in games since years or now Mario if gets an Open world thing that could have been done years ago Wow so new...

Anyway I'm curious to see more not talking about specs, i don't understand a thing about ti if not that is quite bad as Screen; this because hoenstly i don't care, i stopped with Nintendo on DS and i'm happy. The Only games i'm jealous of on 3Ds are Layton and Phoenix Wright; And PW seems to be getting on Phone anyway lately,

Why should they reply to this questions when has you already saw and told there are people who buy it even without knowing nothing? So they can even wait for January as they announce to say something, for sure there are tons of people That like to play always the same games over and over that already Pre-Ordered it...

I See when it comes to Nintendo People are happy with Basic stuff an Example Was Pokèmon in 3D when it was in games since years or now Mario if gets an Open world thing that could have been done years ago Wow so new...

Anyway I'm curious to see more not talking about specs, i don't understand a thing about ti if not that is quite bad as Screen; this because hoenstly i don't care, i stopped with Nintendo on DS and i'm happy. The Only games i'm jealous of on 3Ds are Layton and Phoenix Wright; And PW seems to be getting on Phone anyway lately,

It's true, there are people out there who say they're getting this on day one when they don't even know basic things like how much it is, or what the specs are. Most importantly though, they don't even know what games are going to be on this thing outside of a handful (most of which are games that are years old). They see this three minute trailer, and they're sold! Day one purchase! I don't understand that. They have a cool idea and that's it. For all we know, this could go the way of Wii U as well. Nintendo have a lot to prove after their last console, and they certainly haven't done anything to win me over yet. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who needs more information before they decide if this thing is worth it or not.

Edited by Undead Wolf

It's true, there are people out there who say they're getting this on day one when they don't even know basic things like how much it is, or what the specs are. Most importantly though, they don't even know what games are going to be on this thing outside of a handful (most of which are games that are years old). They see this three minute trailer, and they're sold! Day one purchase! I don't understand that. They have a cool idea and that's it. For all we know, this could go the way of Wii U as well. Nintendo have a lot to prove after their last console, and they certainly haven't done anything to win me over yet. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who needs more information before they decide if this thing is worth it or not.

This people don't care about games really or they really already hope that the partners they saw will all make amazing games when it will most than likely on 3DS/WIIU where like Tecmo koei did the Awful Rorona3D and something else? They are already happy in playing always Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda and same things as ever in my opinion so they just get it not caring if maybe it will be even worst of Vita (That has 5 years now) as specs.

Mah for me even the Idea it's not so great, it's cool yeah but the console it's too big to play around and then it's just an home console and i prefer something more safe and powerful as Ps4 for it, and there if i want to play around home while the TV is occupied or somehting else i have my Remote Play on Vita So i really don't understand The Hype or what behind this...

I'm sure most of people here are waiting for more Information anyway, and Januray it's not really close, they really can't say nothing before christmas? Mah....

Rumours say that it'll have 32GB of internal storage, and have 4GB of ram, which is double that of the Wii U.

If true, it sounds underpowered, since it's not solely a portable device, it's a hybrid.

My 2015 smart phone has 4GB of ram... and trust me I don't use it to game at all lmao.

Rumours say that it'll have 32GB of internal storage, and have 4GB of ram, which is double that of the Wii U.

If true, it sounds underpowered, since it's not solely a portable device, it's a hybrid.

My 2015 smart phone has 4GB of ram... and trust me I don't use it to game at all lmao.

Were any of us actually expecting this thing to be powerful though? Nintendo aren't trying to compete directly with Sony and Microsoft anymore because they know they can't win. The last time they did that, we got the Gamecube. It was a great console, but you only have to look at the numbers to see what a failure it was. The Wii wasn't much more powerful than the Gamecube, and it was nowhere near as capable as the Xbox 360 or PS3, but it didn't matter. I guess Nintendo are hoping they strike gold again like they did with the Wii.

Edited by Undead Wolf

Were any of us actually expecting this thing to be powerful though? Nintendo aren't trying to compete directly with Sony and Microsoft anymore because they know they can't win. The last time they did that, we got the Gamecube. It was a great console, but you only have to look at the numbers to see what a failure it was. The Wii wasn't much more powerful than the Gamecube, and it was nowhere near as capable as the Xbox 360 or PS3, but it didn't matter. I guess Nintendo are hoping they strike gold again like they did with the Wii.

The big reveal was that they're getting third party support, but how are people going to be able to play games when there are updates that are 10GB and larger? Shit, some games themselves are running past 128GB now. And there's rumours that the Switch's expendable memory - up to 128GB of SD card memory alloation - is its cap. If that's the case, I don't see this thing being successful AT ALL. It'll just be the Wii U but more realised. And still a failure.

The big reveal was that they're getting third party support, but how are people going to be able to play games when there are updates that are 10GB and larger? Shit, some games themselves are running past 128GB now. And there's rumours that the Switch's expendable memory - up to 128GB of SD card memory alloation - is its cap. If that's the case, I don't see this thing being successful AT ALL. It'll just be the Wii U but more realised. And still a failure.

Well if I remember correctly, a lot of third party publishers also said that they would be supporting the Wii U, but as soon as they saw the sales, they dropped it like a sack of bricks. Just because Nintendo say they are "partnering" with some of these publishers isn't really saying much. That could mean anything, and it doesn't necessarily mean the big budget "AAA" games you would think of will be coming over. It will likely be smaller titles, or games that have been dumbed down in order to run on the system. Think the Wii U version of Watch Dogs. It could also mean they're bringing some older titles that the Wii U didn't get such as Skyrim. That of course won't be taking up much space or require a lot of power. I also see a lot of Japanese partners that they listed, and we all know those kinds of games aren't on the cutting edge of tech, and won't take up anywhere near the size as western games.

What I'm getting at is that I don't think the Switch will be getting the big modern "AAA" games that the PS4/Xbone are getting. At least not to the same degree. Will it need that to be successful? I would say yes considering what happened to the Wii U, but I guess Nintendo hope the whole console/handheld hybrid will make it appealing enough to where it doesn't need that. The 3DS is atrociously underpowered after all, but it still has a decent amount of third party support, and is fairly successful. Maybe they're hoping for something similar here.

Edited by Undead Wolf

The big reveal was that they're getting third party support, but how are people going to be able to play games when there are updates that are 10GB and larger? Shit, some games themselves are running past 128GB now. 

Easy. There won't be 10GB updates.

Nintendo does not have enough working online infrastructure for huge updates.

And like Wolfie said, 128GBs are modern AAA games, there's no chance they would be on Switch.

• 2 weeks later...

But I could buy a new Vita memory card for that price! :giggle:

If that really is the price though, it would be smart. Making the price much higher than that would put it in PS4/Xbone territory. It would be very hard to justify a purchase at that point when compared to the other consoles.

Why memory card when you can buy a completely new Vita-tan? :awesome:

This is true, but I can't cheat on my Vita-tan with a new model. It wouldn't be right! :P

It's kind of like marriage. You're only allowed to move onto a new partner when your current one dies. The same applies here. :awesome:

You know, unless a super cute limited edition comes to my attention that is. :giggle:

• Like 1

I just remember that with Nintendo announcing the switch and offically discontinuing the Wii U, they automatically enter 3rd place with around 13 - 19m Wii Us sold. What a time to be alive, huh?

I'm sure their next console will do fine on the games front (Their styling is less demanding than MS or Sony's style), but I do wonder if the console is future proof for later third party games.

This is true, but I can't cheat on my Vita-tan with a new model. It wouldn't be right! :P

It's kind of like marriage. You're only allowed to move onto a new partner when your current one dies. The same applies here. :awesome:

You know, unless a super cute limited edition comes to my attention that is. :giggle:

But marriage means having a waifu, you can never have only one waifu :awesome:

EVERYONE!!! SKYRIM: SPECIAL EDITION HAS IN FACT BEEN CONFIRMED, WITH LIMITED MOD SUPPORT, AS A SWITCH LAUNCH TITLE!!!!! There will also be a new Super Mario game, the one we saw in the trailer, as well as Splatoon: Switch Edition, which will have a bunch of exclusive new content and free updates.

https://nowloading.co/p/nintendo-switch-skyrim-mario-splatoon-launch/4149503

O   M   G! It comes with it's own plastic stand!

Ok let's be fair here. We have a new Mario game more like the Mario 64 or Galaxy style, this is something I like the sound of. All of those 3rd party supporters? Surely there was a mention of trophies or similar that I didn't read or hear. I like the look or the Pro Like controller, not the detachable screen style.

Edited by Z1MZUM

EVERYONE!!! SKYRIM: SPECIAL EDITION HAS IN FACT BEEN CONFIRMED, WITH LIMITED MOD SUPPORT, AS A SWITCH LAUNCH TITLE!!!!! There will also be a new Super Mario game, the one we saw in the trailer, as well as Splatoon: Switch Edition, which will have a bunch of exclusive new content and free updates.

https://nowloading.co/p/nintendo-switch-skyrim-mario-splatoon-launch/4149503

Uhhhh, nothing about what you linked proves that a Skyrim port has been confirmed. No amount of caps lock will change that. :P The Skyrim footage shown in the reveal trailer has already been proven to be fake. 

I fail to see why people care this much for a five year old game that they have more than likely already played to death. You know what would be nice for a new console? New games.

Edited by Undead Wolf

PS4 says hi :awesome:

It's true, and clearly I'm missing something about why people are excited for remasters and such since the PS4 has sold incredibly well. I mean people are losing their shit over a possible Skyrim port, and I'm just sat here very confused about the whole thing. Do people not want new games? :huh:

Personally, I'm getting more and more excited about the Switch. All it needs is a few good titles being teased and I'm in.

We already know there's a new Zelda game coming, now all I need are a good new Mario game ("good" meaning none of that "New Super Mario Bros." shit, I want a complete 3D platformer to be worthy of the Mario line, like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy 1/2) - new Mario Kart and Mario Party games seem very likely and I will definitely mostly get this as a co-op console. I do so hope for good new entries in the Star Fox and F-Zero franchises...

PS4 says hi :awesome:

It's true, and clearly I'm missing something about why people are excited for remasters and such since the PS4 has sold incredibly well. I mean people are losing their shit over a possible Skyrim port, and I'm just sat here very confused about the whole thing. Do people not want new games? :huh:

Personally I don't care for remasters/ports on PS4 unless it's either games I have/had not played yet (The Last Of Us, Journey), if I'm getting them for free anyway (Fez), if the game has been remade from the ground up and has been improved upon (Oddworld, Day Of The Tentacle) or if the game is so awesome I definitely want to play through it again (Batman Arkhams, Ezio, GTA V).

For the Switch, I care about ports even less. I have a PS4 and PS3, only reason to get a Switch is awesome games exclusive to Switch.

• 1 month later...