Red Dead Redemption 2 - Trailer 1

HeySumbode

Prequels dont tend to have a 2 at the end so i doubt it. 

It seems like a lot of people weren't excited about the teaser trailer however i was extremely excited after watching it. Cant wait to throw some hookers on the train tracks in next gen  xD

MGS3 is a prequel to the first two, I can hope Rockstar doesn't really care.

Yeah. Trailer tells us jack fucking shit it's just ''be hyped by virtue of R*''. I mean it looks nice, graphically but I just don't see a cause for excitement yet tbh.

It is more Red Dead, and with Rockstar's stellar track record that is reason enough for me to get excited. 

Parker

• Like 1

Trailer doesn't tell me anything.

I really don't understand why people went crazy after this trailer. It is too short to make a comment about it, doesn't tell a lot about the game either.

It's a teaser trailer.  It's not supposed to give much away, merely to generate interest. People went crazy for it because it confirmed that a RDR sequel was being made, which is what people have wanted ever since the previous game was released 6 years ago.

Edited by StewartBros

The folks at reddit sure have a lot of time to research things, I'm not saying it's been confirmed, but bills hat gives it away

Great find. Can't wait to see how cool the gang was. Also, do you people think we could control all 7 characters a la GTAV?

Prequels dont tend to have a 2 at the end so i doubt it.

It seems like a lot of people weren't excited about the teaser trailer however i was extremely excited after watching it. Cant wait to throw some hookers on the train tracks in next gen xD

Since Red Dead Redemption is about the death of the Wild West, makes more sense to take place before that.

Since Red Dead Redemption is about the death of the Wild West, makes more sense to take place before that.

Or a new story completely with a new character.

The problem with prequels is we already know what is gonna happen. For example if there is a death threat for one of the characters. We can just say well he's in redemption so he cant die etc.

Edited by Gibbo_0113

Or a new story completely with a new character.

The problem with prequels is we already know what is gonna happen. For example if there is a death threat for one of the characters. We can just say well he's in redemption so he cant die etc.

Well, what I was getting at was that it would take place in an earlier time since the Wild West ended not long after that.

• Like 1

Any chance they'll continue from where RDR ended? Or is it like GTA, different stories etc? 

I heard it might be a prequel. Y'know, 'cause RDR's setting was the end of the "wild west" age and the beginning of industrialisation. 

Trailer doesn't tell me anything. Shows all the things you'd expect to see in an Old West themed game (cows, horses, men interacting with the latter, vultures, mesas), in graphics that experience should tell you is likely not with the in-game engine. So: business as usual. Wait and see.

I really don't understand why people went crazy after this trailer. It is too short to make a comment about it, doesn't tell a lot about the game either.

I hope it's a prequel so we can play as young John. Probably with both his eyes working =P

Well the game looks pretty at least. The trailer didn't give me much else to go on.

Great find. Can't wait to see how cool the gang was. Also, do you people think we could control all 7 characters a la GTAV?

No, I don't think it's a prequel game, but I also wish; I would like to know how John met his old gang, especially Dutch.

Well, from what I have gathered from seeing this trailer; it is a prequel. Besides, this basically confirms it will be too. Anyway, I believe the game will be focused on Marston's original gang and how they all formed, how they took the Wild West and how they eventually broke I guess? Not too sure. Obviously none of this is confirmed info but it's nice food for thought. Remember, Martson's gang was a posse of 7 and there are 7 people in the trailer. Coincidence?