Question on the Quad Ultimate Kills

Umbra_Witcher

I've watched some videos on the four trophies I'm missing (Bastion, Genji, and Junkrat ults, plus Rapid Discord), and for the first three I've seen people get the trophy for quad kills, without quad final blows being necessary.  I have gotten four kills with Genji's ultimate twice now without it counting and I assumed it was because they weren't final blows, yet I've seen Youtube vids that show otherwise.  I also did this once with Junkrat, but am not sure if there was just some delay on it (see video below).  I don't recall if I had four final blows for my other quad ult trophies, so I'm asking you guys if you obtained any of the quad ult kill trophies without them being quad final blows.  I want to know if those two trophies are glitched for me, which would be annoying considering how close I am to the plat.

Junkrat vid (I didn't save the Genji ones, but this is actually a quintuple kill):

From my experience, I've obtained Junkrat's quad trophy by killing four heroes directly with the bomb (final blow, I assume). In your vid Junkrat's Ulti killed 3 people, the other 2 were probably assist since the bomb has a large radius.

Regarding Genji and Bastion, I think you just have to get the kill notification while you're in Ultimate Mode but, in my case, I delivered the final blow on all my targets (if I remember correctly). About Rapid Discord, it can be either final blows or assists, as long as you've actually placed the orb on whatever target is dying.

Edited by ShimizuGear09
  • Like 2

From my experience, I've obtained Junkrat's quad trophy by killing four heroes directly with the bomb (final blow, I assume). In your vid Junkrat's Ulti killed 3 people, the other 2 were probably assist since the bomb has a large radius.

Regarding Genji and Bastion, I think you just have to get the kill notification while you're in Ultimate Mode but, in my case, I delivered the final blow on all my targets (if I remember correctly). About Rapid Discord, it can be either final blows or assists, as long as you've actually placed the orb on whatever target is dying.

Thanks man.  I'm going to keep trying for the Genji, Bastion, and Junkrat ults and just go for final blows and see if it clicks.  Rapid Discord I actually had, and then fucked up by not discording one person in succession (posted a vid too).  I'll post the results here to determine if there is an issue or if the four final blows works.  I've earned all the other trophies, so I'm hoping it's the latter.

• 2 years later...

Hanzo's quad also has an alternative (which is how I got mine). Only need wolves to touch 4 enemies (often they easily run out of the way since it is a slow travelling ult) and before the Ult animation ends, just headshot the same 4. Trophy will pop.

• Like 1