Disappointment?

CrimsonFalzar

• 2 months later...

Eh. I would say this game was sort of a disappointment for me.

The MP has a lot of glitches and issues still needing addressed but I'm sure they'll focus on the DLC maps way before the issues. (I won't go on a rant because this will become several paragraphs... plus i'm too lazy to type them lol)

The campaign was just average, i wouldn't say it was amazing but it was fun even though it felt like a long tutorial level.

The campaign was bloody short as hell, and it could barely even be called a campaign, I'd have called it "the mode wherein you try out a tank for a bit, fly for a bit, run and gun for a bit, and then fuck off to multiplayer" but that's a bit long.

I played through the whole thing on Xbox (in case someone wants to be THAT guy and go on my profile and say "what would you know, you haven't even played it") and it took me about 4 hours, and I was going slow and watching all the bloody clips. Take the clips away and it's probably only 3 1/2 hours, maybe less. 

If this is the kind of "campaign" they're gonna do with Battlefront 2 then I'll stick with playing the real Battlefront 2 on PS2 thanks very much.

I'm disappointed with the single player, but the multiplayer is amazing. I haven't played a FPS multiplayer actively since the Black Ops era, but I've invested dozens of hours in this game. Especially now that we have cool custom games (like the one where one can only use bolt action rifles appropriate to the team one's playing on), hardcore mode, and Operations never get old.

I was disappointed with the length of the single player. Had each campaign been longer I would've been more emotionally invested in the characters we play as, but as it stands each story ended almost as fast as it began.

On 10/21/2016 at 7:34 AM, Floorkiller74 said:

During the Beta, I only played one game because I kept getting one shotted (made up word?) from people on the other side of the map. I wasn't aware sniper rifles were so overpowering in WW1. I died a number of time like this right after spawning- def sucks any fun out of playing.

I remember dev's stating they did not want snipers to be one shot kills too.  Looks like they lied.

13 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Getting shot by a sniper is pretty much a one shot kill in real life.

Whether it's through historically barbaric medical treatment or through cutting edge training and technology, it's a one shot kill. Immediately or eventually.

Do not confuse fantasy videogames with real life.  Games are meant to be skill based and enjoyable to people playing them.  They do not have to imitate real life in any way.  They often have to follow rules of balancing as well. 

3 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Do not confuse fantasy videogames with real life.  Games are meant to be skill based and enjoyable to people playing them.  They do not have to imitate real life in any way.  They often have to follow rules of balancing as well. 

No...no, I think I like my way better.

I've just beated the campaign on PC and I thought it was decently long, then again I kept switch between single player and multiplayer.

That  said thought there is a fewthings they should have done in the campaign, for starters, more stories.

Yeah it's great we play as an Australian and an Italien (for two chapters), but of course most of them are British and some are really short. They really should have taken the perspective of other nations like Russia, Germany, Canadian, Austo-hungarians and French. This would have made the campaign more interesting as is shows that WW1 was a conflict for every soldier, not just the "Good Guys".

Also, as Super-fly Spider-guy mentions, the campaign is just a bunch of moments where you fly, you shoot, you ride a tank, and of course the stealth sections that are just there to teach the player the mechanics of the game. But because they feel force in, it feels odd to be a tank driver, and then sneak in an enemy base TWICE in the mud and blood part of the campaign, just because....... reasons.

Never the less, its still a good game. I love the multiplayer, especially operations. Heck I'm just glad we got a Triple A WW1 game, I will get this game for PS4 this summer.

Edited by Pershing24
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2017 at 7:51 AM, damon8r351 said:

Getting shot by a sniper is pretty much a one shot kill in real life.

Whether it's through historically barbaric medical treatment or through cutting edge training and technology, it's a one shot kill. Immediately or eventually.

Go play Operation flashpoint: Dragon Rising if its not real enough for you.