Machiavellian won't unlock

VoidVanquished

If the trophy isn't popping, you're probably doing something wrong.  I'd double-check that you have everything correct, including the ownership of the settlement you're conquering -- one of the easy things to miss is that if you have two opposition Heroes from the same faction, their settlements fly the same flag.

Assuming all of that is correct, I'd probably do it in the order that the trophy description suggests just to be on the safe side.  Play the Allies Pact first, then kill that Hero, and only after that capture one of their settlements.

Hey Void

If you're 100% sure that you've done all of the trophy requirements then I guess your last option is to delete then reinstall the game. Make sure you've done everything the trophy is asking "In one turn, kill a hero whom you currently have an Allie's pact and take one of their settlements". Hope this helps, wish you luck :)

• 2 months later...

It has been patched, however I dealt with the developer and it is primarily run by four incredibly arrogant individuals that responded when asked about a patch: "We don't owe gamers anything." That comment was made despite the fact that their last patch broke the game. Be careful. I will never buy anything from them again.