Expedition Card Exploit

Elyther

I found some high tier cards (gold, blue & Black) initially didn't have a sell price and couldn't be sold. It is nothing to worry about; eventually more and more cards will be able to be sold, those are probably the duplicates  :).

This works great, thanks for the intel. FYI my card cap was 535 and I started with 272,000 credits and ended with 73,000.

Edited by StarFang7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I only started getting all-gold packs when I had almost run out of credits and out of the five cards I was only allowed to sell one card. What's the best way to get some more credits?

Play score attack on survivor and try to complete 5 challenges that offer more money ( untouchable, deathless survivor etc..)

Endurance can also be done this way too !

I've only just finished the story and not yet even looked at the other modes - any particular(ly quick and easy) one you'd recommend?

Voice of god on survivor can be done in about 2:30 if you are fast and its a tomb so no enemies to worry about, and you dont need any cards to get gold score (aka 10k). So with load times its about 4 minutes when you get the hang of it. 

I've only just finished the story and not yet even looked at the other modes - any particular(ly quick and easy) one you'd recommend?

Choose the chapter "lost expedition" on survivor ! this chapter are easy to get a lot of credits

For fast chapters : ancient cistern, voice of god, the orrery

Edit : don't forget to choose the cards that gives you + 100 positive (green colour)

Edited by Goddess_Noire

• 11 months later...

Just used this. Works great.

And if, for some reason, you want more credits you can use this method too.

Once you have all the cards, just sell some high sell cards (i used 3 gold big head Lara, a black big head lara and a black rainbow trail, together they sell for 17600 credits).  Just buy packs for 5k, and sell the cards for 17.6k. Everytime you buy a pack the same 5 cards will show up.

Not sure why you would want to do this, but I thought it was kind of funny how this microtransaction system can be exploited.

Edited by Ric

• 2 years later...

Still working like a charm.

But I hit full inventory and have to delete manually some cards. When I buy Bronze Pack I'm keep getting the same black cards over and over. I'm selling them all the time and money just keeps growing. I assume there are no more cards if I'm getting the same ones over and over again. 

• 4 weeks later...

It won't allow me to sell any gold cards. A little help pls on if I'm doing something wrong. 

I buy a pack and any gold cards I attempt to sell but it doesn't let me. I go to the selection point and it doesn't allow me either. 

I can sell silver ones

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This technique still works (and won't be patched; it's a loophole in the card economy, not an exploit or glitch). But keep in mind that using cards in your expedition will use them up, and thus add them back into the card pool. If you're already close to or past your inventory limit, you could end up using up cards you need for future runs, and unable to purchase packs to get them back! For that reason, you may not want to open the DLC packs.

What a weird mechanic.

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2016 at 8:39 PM, Elyther said:

I was looking through some forums on what cards are best for XYZ expedition mission and came across a number of posts about how to get most of the cards in under 15 minutes in the xbox version. Turns out it works for the PS version as well!

To get started, what you need to know is that you can only have 3-4 copies of a (non-foil) card in your deck at any time. That means that as soon as you have 3-4 of a specific card (EX: Big Head Enemy), it is removed from the card pool and your chances of receiving rare cards goes up.

This was how I did it. 

• First, I didn't start opening packs until I had 100% of the main game. This is because various things you do in the game give you credits and gift card packs. By the time you have 100% of the game, you will have around ~260,000 credits and 24 gift packs. Opening the 24 gift packs will get you the 150 card trophy. 
  • Start opening bronze packs for 5000. Don't bother with silver/gold/etc as they cost more credits and don't give you as many cards.
  • As you open bronze packs, sell off all the gold and blue cards you come across. DON'T sell any of the silver or bronze. You want to eliminate these cards from the card pool.
  • Continue buying bronze packs (and selling ALL blue and gold cards to re-coup credits) until you reach around 25,000 credits. 
  • By 25,000 credits, you should be opening packs where most, if not all, five cards are gold.
  • When you start opening cards with all gold cards, sell three gold cards (doesn't matter which, you'll be getting them back pretty much immediately) for 4800 credits. If you get a blue card, sell that card and one gold card for 4800 credits. 
  • Now, continuing to do this (selling 3 golds, keeping 2) will slowly removes gold cards from the card pool and keeps your credits up around 20-25,000. 
  • Every now and then sell 4 or 5 gold cards. It's important to keep your credit buffer around 20-25,000 as once you get to the all black foil card packs you can't sell anything. 
  • Once you notice that you're getting the same gold cards you just sold, over and over, stop selling gold cards so they're eliminated from the card pool. Soon after, all the cards you open will be blue.
  • Once all your cards are blue, sell 2 and keep 3 to keep your credits up. Repeat until you start seeing black cards.
  • Soon after all the blue cards are out of the pool, you'll be getting all black cards and are nearly done. 

You know you're close to finished when you start getting all black foil cards. Remember, you'll need that 25,000 or so buffer to get these last few packs. 

I'm not quite sure if this gives you ALL the foil cards, as there seems to be more cards than the inventory limit**, but this method should give you all the really useful cards in a short amount of time. 

(**My last 5 card packs before reaching inventory limit were all black foil cards, but when I used up some non-foil cards in expeditions and bought another pack I got 2 more black foil cards. Hasn't happened since so there might be a bit of luck involved)

Hope that helps!

Oh yea this help!... Thank you so much for this tip..  And very well written with no confusion.....   KUDOS! 

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune

• 3 months later...

One important thing that OP should add in the first message: you have to be ONLINE since the beginning of the story. Do no start the game on a non-connected account, and do not deactivate online services in the option. If you do this, you will only have 500 credits even with a 100% completion.

Looks like I'm gonna start farming to get those 250K credits...

EDIT: 12/12/2020:

As expected, it still works in December 2020 and will always work due to the math behind.

For those who are interested into farming, the best level is the chamber of exorcism in score attack mode. It take 1"10' to complete, plus one minute of loading screen for 10 000 credits (and more with challenges). One hour of farming means 27 complete runs -> 270 000 credits. Hope that helps.

Edited by waIafc0
  • Like 1

On 2020-12-11 at 8:06 AM, waIafc0 said:

One important thing that OP should add in the first message: you have to be ONLINE since the beginning of the story. Do no start the game on a non-connected account, and do not deactivate online services in the option. If you do this, you will only have 500 credits even with a 100% completion.

Looks like I'm gonna start farming to get those 250K credits...

EDIT: 12/12/2020:

As expected, it still works in December 2020 and will always work due to the math behind.

For those who are interested into farming, the best level is the chamber of exorcism in score attack mode. It take 1"10' to complete, plus one minute of loading screen for 10 000 credits (and more with challenges). One hour of farming means 27 complete runs -> 270 000 credits. Hope that helps.

i did not know if you were offline, you couldn’t get credit. That would certainly be useful for a lot of people, nice one.

For me, I had 250’00 credits when I started the expedition mode and thus, the exploit. When I was done with this mode, I had over 600’000 credits, because I had to sell cards to get my specials cards again, such as the poison arrows. I would say that selling the gold cards wasn’t really necessary. In my opinion, sells only blue and black cards.

So do not worry about missing credits if you do the exploit after finishing the game, while being online.

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 1

Didn't work for me. :( 

I bought the 20 Year Collection edition and 100%'d the game before starting to open any packs. I had the 24 gift packs and 233,000 credits. I followed your instructions and never even made it close to "all 5 cards are gold" territory.

Maybe they patched it? Maybe who gives a big poopy? :dunno: 

1 hour ago, effdeegee said:

Didn't work for me. :( 

I bought the 20 Year Collection edition and 100%'d the game before starting to open any packs. I had the 24 gift packs and 233,000 credits. I followed your instructions and never even made it close to "all 5 cards are gold" territory.

Maybe they patched it? Maybe who gives a big poopy? :dunno: 

Once you get 3 of all bronze and silver cards the golds and higher will appear every time. You keep selling all top tier ones until you have all the garbage ones out of circulation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Once you get 3 of all bronze and silver cards the golds and higher will appear every time. You keep selling all top tier ones until you have all the garbage ones out of circulation. 

That doesn't answer, or change, anything about my post. :spank: