Expedition Card Exploit

Elyther

14 minutes ago, effdeegee said:

I followed the instructions perfectly. Thanks, though.

You may need to grind out more credits, see above for quick and easy maps/ sections/ levels/ whatever you want to call them. Then buy more packs. I had to do this a few times until I  got all of the junk cards out of the pool and then started to get just primo cards. It was tedious but paid dividends in the end.

I did it myself earlier this year and there has been no new patch since then.

On 2020-12-15 at 9:25 PM, da-Noob123 said:

You may need to grind out more credits.

This is what I'm thinking, too.

I did start to see the change in card quality; all bronze, some silver, all silver, some gold. I think my problem was that, all of the higher quality cards I was getting weren't ones I could sell back (value = "---"), so I had to keep them and basically just ended up blowing through all of my credits without recouping any.

EDIT: That seems to be the answer. Just a few packs later, I was getting 5/5 blue/black foil cards.

Edited by effdeegee

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't understand how to get all the cards. I 100% game and I had 433k coins so I didn't even had to do trick with selling. I got to point where I was always getting black cards but I did't get any card I need (Bloodlust, Hot Blooded, Small Game Hunter, Tomb Raider) and I can't sell any black card as they all have gold frame. So how do I go about getting the cards I need?
My inventory says I have 330 Card Types and 533 cards total.

Any help appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

I have many questions about cards and I am already confused at this point.

1 - What about the black cards? Should I sell them or not? Because post does not say anything about it.

2 - How about the foil cards? What is the difference between a foil card and the other color cards?

3 - What is the difference between a foil card and a permanent card?

4 - How can we tell if a card is permanent or not?

5 - What is the hierarchy between card color?

6 - Tomb Raider, Toxicity. Do these cards have a permanent version?

I keep opening bronze packs with this exploit but I am unable to obtain any Toxicity OR Tomb Raider cards. I almost maxed out all the bronze types but there is still no Toxicity cards.. It just does not work for me.

By the way, anyone that suggest using leaderboard cards, I already got the platinum and Co-op Endurance trophies. I only need Endurance trophies now. And for some of them obviously I definitely need Toxicity and Tomb Raider.. 

Can anyone please answer these questions :(

Edited by koraygarcia

1, 2 - IIRC, black cards are foil cards (to be confirm).

3 - Foil is just a color indicating the rarity of the card. Foil is the rarest. Permanent cards means that you can use the card for an unlimited number of games. Conversely, a non permanent card can only be used once and is deleted of your deck once your game is over, whatever the result.

4 - Permanent cards have a golden border. You can also see which card is permanent in the card selection menu before starting a new game.

5 - OP should give you an idea, my understanding when I did it was (worst to best) : bronze, silver, gold, blue, black/foil.

6 - For Toxicty, I've never had a permanent one. For Tomb Raider, I'm pretty sure I had one.

Can anyone can confirm that black cards are foil cards ? I played the game few month ago I can't remember.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/4/2021 at 11:30 PM, Suporex said:

I don't understand how to get all the cards. I 100% game and I had 433k coins so I didn't even had to do trick with selling. I got to point where I was always getting black cards but I did't get any card I need (Bloodlust, Hot Blooded, Small Game Hunter, Tomb Raider) and I can't sell any black card as they all have gold frame. So how do I go about getting the cards I need?

Any help appreciated

Same problem, I got Tomb Raider when I was doing the trick, but the other three never showed up and now I just keep getting the same black cards I sell.

Edit: solved, I just realized that, since there's no card list section in-game, I was visualizing them in the score attack mode, and the Endurance only cards were not shown in there: so I changed to Endurance et voilà, suddenly there's an Endurance section with all the cards; so it turns out the reason they weren't appearing in the packs was because I had already gotten them.

Living it here for any poor soul that will make the same mistake I did. At least I spent time trying to get them to come out and by selling them I got to 1,7 million credits; I guess I won't have money problems anymore.

Edited by KN_Kirai
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 7:35 PM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

This technique still works (and won't be patched; it's a loophole in the card economy, not an exploit or glitch). But keep in mind that using cards in your expedition will use them up, and thus add them back into the card pool. If you're already close to or past your inventory limit, you could end up using up cards you need for future runs, and unable to purchase packs to get them back! For that reason, you may not want to open the DLC packs.

What a weird mechanic.

Technique works like a charm although I have reached my inventory limit and it doesn't tell you how many cards you have for some reason....

The pool only has black cards now. Is it safe to say just keep selling black cards until I get the ones I want?

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Technique works like a charm although I have reached my inventory limit and it doesn't tell you how many cards you have for some reason....

The pool only has black cards now. Is it safe to say just keep selling black cards until I get the ones I want?

As I stated above, as an example, if you're not in the Endurance mode the game doesn't show you the Endurance only cards: you need to set the mode you're interested in in order to see your cards.

But yes, it's safe to say that if you keep getting the same black cards you're selling, you've probably got them all; just keep some space by selling some black cards you don't need, so that if you use up some of the cards in Expedition you can get them back easily.

Edited by KN_Kirai

11 hours ago, KN_Kirai said:

As I stated above, as an example, if you're not in the Endurance mode the game doesn't show you the Endurance only cards: you need to set the mode you're interested in in order to see your cards.

This doesn't solve the problem at all. I already know it only shows you the cards for the mode you're in. What it doesn't show clearly is how many cards you've got for that mode out of the available total. For argument's sake, let's day 51/60 for example. It's guesswork until the game stops telling you your inventory is full.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:30 PM, Suporex said:

Any help appreciated

re BIB where can this be viewed?

11 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

This doesn't solve the problem at all. I already know it only shows you the cards for the mode you're in. What it doesn't show clearly is how many cards you've got for that mode out of the available total. For argument's sake, let's day 51/60 for example. It's guesswork until the game stops telling you your inventory is full.

re BIB where can this be viewed?

I wasn't suggesting a solution, I was just pointing that fact out.

I think the "total" is shown in the "All" card section, beneath the list of cards itself. Whether that's the actual total though I don't know.

23 hours ago, KN_Kirai said:

I wasn't suggesting a solution, I was just pointing that fact out.

I think the "total" is shown in the "All" card section, beneath the list of cards itself. Whether that's the actual total though I don't know.

It's not. It's just the total for that particular deck e.g. 'player weakness'.

Doesn't matter though because using cards frees up my inventory and seeing as all the crappy cards are out of the pool due to the OP's method whenever I buy a pack I just get all my best cards back. Don't even need the black ones. Then there's the leaderboard cards which I can also use.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/7/2021 at 1:44 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Just tried this and all i got was bronze cards and a few silvers. 

Not sure if you're still working on this or not but that is what you want to happen. The pool for bronze and silver is very large but it is finite. Sell all your silvers and focus on getting all the bronze cards out of rotation.  Repeat for silver cards and so on. You may need to grind out some credits but once all the bronze and silver cards are gone you should just be getting gold blue and black ones that sell for a lot until you get all gold cards then all blue and finally all black.

• 9 months later...
On 22/10/2016 at 1:39 AM, Elyther said:

I was looking through some forums on what cards are best for XYZ expedition mission and came across a number of posts about how to get most of the cards in under 15 minutes in the xbox version. Turns out it works for the PS version as well!

To get started, what you need to know is that you can only have 3-4 copies of a (non-foil) card in your deck at any time. That means that as soon as you have 3-4 of a specific card (EX: Big Head Enemy), it is removed from the card pool and your chances of receiving rare cards goes up.

This was how I did it. 

• First, I didn't start opening packs until I had 100% of the main game. This is because various things you do in the game give you credits and gift card packs. By the time you have 100% of the game, you will have around ~260,000 credits and 24 gift packs. Opening the 24 gift packs will get you the 150 card trophy. 
  • Start opening bronze packs for 5000. Don't bother with silver/gold/etc as they cost more credits and don't give you as many cards.
  • As you open bronze packs, sell off all the gold and blue cards you come across. DON'T sell any of the silver or bronze. You want to eliminate these cards from the card pool.
  • Continue buying bronze packs (and selling ALL blue and gold cards to re-coup credits) until you reach around 25,000 credits. 
  • By 25,000 credits, you should be opening packs where most, if not all, five cards are gold.
  • When you start opening cards with all gold cards, sell three gold cards (doesn't matter which, you'll be getting them back pretty much immediately) for 4800 credits. If you get a blue card, sell that card and one gold card for 4800 credits. 
  • Now, continuing to do this (selling 3 golds, keeping 2) will slowly removes gold cards from the card pool and keeps your credits up around 20-25,000. 
  • Every now and then sell 4 or 5 gold cards. It's important to keep your credit buffer around 20-25,000 as once you get to the all black foil card packs you can't sell anything. 
  • Once you notice that you're getting the same gold cards you just sold, over and over, stop selling gold cards so they're eliminated from the card pool. Soon after, all the cards you open will be blue.
  • Once all your cards are blue, sell 2 and keep 3 to keep your credits up. Repeat until you start seeing black cards.
  • Soon after all the blue cards are out of the pool, you'll be getting all black cards and are nearly done. 

You know you're close to finished when you start getting all black foil cards. Remember, you'll need that 25,000 or so buffer to get these last few packs. 

I'm not quite sure if this gives you ALL the foil cards, as there seems to be more cards than the inventory limit**, but this method should give you all the really useful cards in a short amount of time. 

(**My last 5 card packs before reaching inventory limit were all black foil cards, but when I used up some non-foil cards in expeditions and bought another pack I got 2 more black foil cards. Hasn't happened since so there might be a bit of luck involved)

Hope that helps!

hi, do u remember if it still works if i already opened all available packs before starting main game? its the first thing i did after starting it for first time

EDIT: it works. but it requires a lot more than just 15m

Edited by XpanderFX

• 8 months later...

I got a question about this. 

Actually about the 300 cards trophy. 

Let's suppose I have 250 cards (still need 50 for the trophy), can I sell my cards to buy more again? Or I should have 300 cards total in my inventory? 

Edited by Harim_Abed
Grammar

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

so, if i understand correctly, if for example there are 200 bronze cards in the game, continuing to unlock them through the 5000cr bronze pack and unlock them in sequence, and by using/selling them i "burn" them? finally, by continuing in this situation here, sooner or later will i end up having only and exclusively all black foil cards?

are the cards only obtained once? because i also have quadruple cards. how many cards are there in total in the game? is there a complete list on the internet updated to patch 1.06?

EDIT:

i seem to have understood/discovered that the cards used/sold in shipments simply return to the large deck to be bought (wrong choice in my opinion) and so when you go back to buy a pack again what does he do? does he give you new ones all the time until the black ones? no, he always gives you the same ones back, and then you resell and buy again endlessly

this should work but how do you get ONLY BLACK CARDS by making all the others disappear (even the unsellable gift ones because they aren't 5 stars but always black) once you reach the useless limit of 500+ cards in the deck? so it's impossible

can you explain it to me please? the guide isn't very clear, also it refers to the 20th anniversary version, right?

thanks

Edited by lollo_155