Elyther

Expedition Card Exploit

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GraniteSnake said:

You must've done something wrong, either way it doesn't really matter what cards you have since you can just copy other people's cards from the in game leaderboards.

I followed the instructions perfectly. Thanks, though.

14 minutes ago, effdeegee said:

I followed the instructions perfectly. Thanks, though.

You may need to grind out more credits, see above for quick and easy maps/ sections/ levels/ whatever you want to call them. Then buy more packs. I had to do this a few times until I  got all of the junk cards out of the pool and then started to get just primo cards. It was tedious but paid dividends in the end.

I did it myself earlier this year and there has been no new patch since then.

On 2020-12-15 at 9:25 PM, da-Noob123 said:

You may need to grind out more credits.

This is what I'm thinking, too.

I did start to see the change in card quality; all bronze, some silver, all silver, some gold. I think my problem was that, all of the higher quality cards I was getting weren't ones I could sell back (value = "---"), so I had to keep them and basically just ended up blowing through all of my credits without recouping any.

EDIT: That seems to be the answer. Just a few packs later, I was getting 5/5 blue/black foil cards.

Edited by effdeegee

Very useful trick, worked like a charm.

I don't understand how to get all the cards. I 100% game and I had 433k coins so I didn't even had to do trick with selling. I got to point where I was always getting black cards but I did't get any card I need (Bloodlust, Hot Blooded, Small Game Hunter, Tomb Raider) and I can't sell any black card as they all have gold frame. So how do I go about getting the cards I need?
My inventory says I have 330 Card Types and 533 cards total.

Any help appreciated

Posted (edited)

I have many questions about cards and I am already confused at this point.

1 - What about the black cards? Should I sell them or not? Because post does not say anything about it.

2 - How about the foil cards? What is the difference between a foil card and the other color cards?

3 - What is the difference between a foil card and a permanent card?

4 - How can we tell if a card is permanent or not?

5 - What is the hierarchy between card color?

6 - Tomb Raider, Toxicity. Do these cards have a permanent version?

I keep opening bronze packs with this exploit but I am unable to obtain any Toxicity OR Tomb Raider cards. I almost maxed out all the bronze types but there is still no Toxicity cards.. It just does not work for me.

By the way, anyone that suggest using leaderboard cards, I already got the platinum and Co-op Endurance trophies. I only need Endurance trophies now. And for some of them obviously I definitely need Toxicity and Tomb Raider.. 

Can anyone please answer these questions :(

Edited by koraygarcia

1, 2 - IIRC, black cards are foil cards (to be confirm).

3 - Foil is just a color indicating the rarity of the card. Foil is the rarest. Permanent cards means that you can use the card for an unlimited number of games. Conversely, a non permanent card can only be used once and is deleted of your deck once your game is over, whatever the result.

4 - Permanent cards have a golden border. You can also see which card is permanent in the card selection menu before starting a new game.

5 - OP should give you an idea, my understanding when I did it was (worst to best) : bronze, silver, gold, blue, black/foil.

6 - For Toxicty, I've never had a permanent one. For Tomb Raider, I'm pretty sure I had one.

Can anyone can confirm that black cards are foil cards ? I played the game few month ago I can't remember.

Posted (edited)

On 16/4/2021 at 11:30 PM, Suporex said:

I don't understand how to get all the cards. I 100% game and I had 433k coins so I didn't even had to do trick with selling. I got to point where I was always getting black cards but I did't get any card I need (Bloodlust, Hot Blooded, Small Game Hunter, Tomb Raider) and I can't sell any black card as they all have gold frame. So how do I go about getting the cards I need?

Any help appreciated

Same problem, I got Tomb Raider when I was doing the trick, but the other three never showed up and now I just keep getting the same black cards I sell.

Edit: solved, I just realized that, since there's no card list section in-game, I was visualizing them in the score attack mode, and the Endurance only cards were not shown in there: so I changed to Endurance et voilà, suddenly there's an Endurance section with all the cards; so it turns out the reason they weren't appearing in the packs was because I had already gotten them.

Living it here for any poor soul that will make the same mistake I did. At least I spent time trying to get them to come out and by selling them I got to 1,7 million credits; I guess I won't have money problems anymore.

Edited by KN_Kirai

On 7/9/2020 at 7:35 PM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

This technique still works (and won't be patched; it's a loophole in the card economy, not an exploit or glitch). But keep in mind that using cards in your expedition will use them up, and thus add them back into the card pool. If you're already close to or past your inventory limit, you could end up using up cards you need for future runs, and unable to purchase packs to get them back! For that reason, you may not want to open the DLC packs.

What a weird mechanic.

Technique works like a charm although I have reached my inventory limit and it doesn't tell you how many cards you have for some reason....

The pool only has black cards now. Is it safe to say just keep selling black cards until I get the ones I want?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Technique works like a charm although I have reached my inventory limit and it doesn't tell you how many cards you have for some reason....

The pool only has black cards now. Is it safe to say just keep selling black cards until I get the ones I want?

As I stated above, as an example, if you're not in the Endurance mode the game doesn't show you the Endurance only cards: you need to set the mode you're interested in in order to see your cards.

But yes, it's safe to say that if you keep getting the same black cards you're selling, you've probably got them all; just keep some space by selling some black cards you don't need, so that if you use up some of the cards in Expedition you can get them back easily.

Edited by KN_Kirai

11 hours ago, KN_Kirai said:

As I stated above, as an example, if you're not in the Endurance mode the game doesn't show you the Endurance only cards: you need to set the mode you're interested in in order to see your cards.

This doesn't solve the problem at all. I already know it only shows you the cards for the mode you're in. What it doesn't show clearly is how many cards you've got for that mode out of the available total. For argument's sake, let's day 51/60 for example. It's guesswork until the game stops telling you your inventory is full.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:30 PM, Suporex said:

Any help appreciated

re BIB where can this be viewed?

11 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

This doesn't solve the problem at all. I already know it only shows you the cards for the mode you're in. What it doesn't show clearly is how many cards you've got for that mode out of the available total. For argument's sake, let's day 51/60 for example. It's guesswork until the game stops telling you your inventory is full.

re BIB where can this be viewed?

I wasn't suggesting a solution, I was just pointing that fact out.

I think the "total" is shown in the "All" card section, beneath the list of cards itself. Whether that's the actual total though I don't know.

23 hours ago, KN_Kirai said:

I wasn't suggesting a solution, I was just pointing that fact out.

I think the "total" is shown in the "All" card section, beneath the list of cards itself. Whether that's the actual total though I don't know.

It's not. It's just the total for that particular deck e.g. 'player weakness'.

Doesn't matter though because using cards frees up my inventory and seeing as all the crappy cards are out of the pool due to the OP's method whenever I buy a pack I just get all my best cards back. Don't even need the black ones. Then there's the leaderboard cards which I can also use.