Servers closed? Still people playing?

MoreTheVictim

I haven't personally played the game, but after searching a little bit I can't see anything from developers or anyone else stating the servers are closed. Maybe the person got disconnected because of a shoddy connection, but it certainly isn't because EA closed the servers. They always give some sort of notice about that.

Parker

I haven't personally played the game, but after searching a little bit I can't see anything from developers or anyone else stating the servers are closed. Maybe the person got disconnected because of a shoddy connection, but it certainly isn't because EA closed the servers. They always give some sort of notice about that.

Parker

I haven't found anything either.

But wait, it's an EA game?? Are you serious?

No it's not, right?

Pfff... I was worried I made the mistake to buy an EA game :S

Haha, I see. In EA's defense, they do a good job when it comes to the servers of Battlefield and Medal of Honor. However, I am ticked that they screwed me over on Lord of the Rings: Conquest's multiplayer trophies! :(

Haha, I see. In EA's defense, they do a good job when it comes to the servers of Battlefield and Medal of Honor. However, I am ticked that they screwed me over on Lord of the Rings: Conquest's multiplayer trophies! :(

Good BF3 servers?? Haha, no they failed at that. I can play BC2 with much fewer issues.

Good BF3 servers?? Haha, no they failed at that. I can play BC2 with much fewer issues.

??? BF3 has great servers, at least the official DICE ones. If you play on other people's rented servers, then yes those most times SUCK! However EA's servers seem just fine to me. :)

??? BF3 has great servers, at least the official DICE ones. If you play on other people's rented servers, then yes those most times SUCK! However EA's servers seem just fine to me. :)

True, the servers are fine and the rented servers suck... Mainly because people take advantage of that. I was playing recently and I was killed by the admin and put on the losing team..
  • Like 2

True, the servers are fine and the rented servers suck... Mainly because people take advantage of that. I was playing recently and I was killed by the admin and put on the losing team..

I hate being kicked. I try to stay off of most rented servers. I have flat out dominated is some matches (without using any noob-tactics, I promise) and just because I kill the mod of the match, I get kicked. It is unfair and sucky.

• Like 1

I haven't found anything either.

But wait, it's an EA game?? Are you serious?

No it's not, right?

I have not seen anything about that in my online surfing, however the game is published by THQ and not EA. :)

Damn fellas, that's twice I was wrong this morning. :lol:

I saw a few threads on another forum saying this was published by EA and didn't even bother to check, my apologies.

Parker

Damn fellas, that's twice I was wrong this morning. :lol:

I saw a few threads on another forum saying this was published by EA and didn't even bother to check, my apologies.

Parker

Lol, it is no big deal! Let's not even look into how many times I have been wrong in the past!!! :blush:

yea, basically: this game is old and pretty dead....but those who liked it still play it A LOT. you will frequently play the same people

...but yes, the servers and connections are shittier than any CoD or BF game, so be ready for a lot of that BS. I'd highly suggest not trying to platinum this as an added note, because the trophy for 250 wins, unless you can efficiently boost it, can take fuck all of months if you arent tunnel vision of getting it done. just ask gota if you dont believe me

• 3 years later...

sorry to bring up an old thread, but it's important to say that, from what i've heard from someone on playstationtrophies.com , the servers are actually peer-to-peer based, meaning that they will never 'shut down' as long as there are people willing to play.

if you want the online trophies, these are perfectly possible - as long as you get a dedicated group going because, take it from me, it is quite the horrible grind!