Servers closed? Still people playing?

MoreTheVictim

• 1 month later...
On 15/10/2016 at 8:11 PM, TVippy said:

Peer-to-peer never to be shut down you say? :) Same for 360?? Anybody knows?

It appears the servers for 360 are also peer-to-peer so the online modes are still available for both consoles.
My sister played the game some weeks ago and can confirm that the online is still up for the ps3 at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, so you're saying so long as PSN is still running I can put this on the backburner over other titles?

Also because I don't have the intention of playing this anytime soon, is it possible to save cheat the "Red Faction Member" trophy (My best guess is no)?

However if the p2p thing is true i'd just need to find one person with the trophy when i'm ready (Worst case scenario I spend 100's of hours boosting the rest and be 1 trophy short of a Platinum).

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, and sure you could just say play & finish the campaign but damn it I just want to get the online done).

• 2 weeks later...
On 23-12-2016 at 0:27 AM, Sipkowitz said:

Interesting, so you're saying so long as PSN is still running I can put this on the backburner over other titles?

Also because I don't have the intention of playing this anytime soon, is it possible to save cheat the "Red Faction Member" trophy (My best guess is no)?

However if the p2p thing is true i'd just need to find one person with the trophy when i'm ready (Worst case scenario I spend 100's of hours boosting the rest and be 1 trophy short of a Platinum).

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, and sure you could just say play & finish the campaign but damn it I just want to get the online done).

If you have a alt who has finished the SP then yes.

You need 6 people for ranked matches. 4 for some xp events.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
37 minutes ago, AlchemyAwesome said:

So you literally can't start the online portion without 6 players? That sucks.

Can't play matchmaking games without 6 (or possibly 8, don't remember if that was actual minimum or for us to lobby block). You can do all the stuff possible in private matches with 2 consoles. 

• Like 1