Help for Codex Entry : Airborne Cannons

s-e-l-u-j-999-1

This fucking codex is gonna be the bane of my existence, but i did manage the sum of all zeroes trophy in COD:WAW, i totally hate when you have to shoot moving fucking targets on a stationary gun. Almost threw my controller earlier on, gonna attempt this again but if i don't get it i'm just gonna give up, i really hate this shit! 

I followed the video from Wozamii down too the T and i still can't fucking get it.

• Like 4

The way I did it (hope it makes sense) is to get at least 4 (preferably 5) planes at the very first run. Then cool off your gun and try to get two more planes that will cross right in the center of the initial direction you are originally facing. There will be three bomber planes that will pass by so make sure to get all three of them (Right around "Stand up kind of guy dialogue"). After that get one (or two more planes) within about 5 seconds. If not, try it again. This pace allowed me to get within 4 tries. Good luck!

• Like 2

The way I did it (hope it makes sense) is to get at least 4 (preferably 5) planes at the very first run. Then cool off your gun and try to get two more planes that will cross right in the center of the initial direction you are originally facing. There will be three bomber planes that will pass by so make sure to get all three of them (Right around "Stand up kind of guy dialogue"). After that get one (or two more planes) within about 5 seconds. If not, try it again. This pace allowed me to get within 4 tries. Good luck!

I finally got the motherfucker!!! Credit goes to this guy! I didn't know you had to shoot the bombers aswell, i thought they were your allies. This video also shows you where the spawns are. I swear i wasn't for sleeping tonight until i got it. Lol. 

http://www.360gametv.com/guides/battlefield-1/battlefield-1-airborne-cannons

There's a YouTube channel named "PS4Trophies" and it's basically the same way he did it, he just have a commentary for better explanation of what's going on.

It just takes a few practice once you know where the waves of planes are since it's hard to find and shoot all of them once they're already dog fighting with your AI teammates.

Edited by ipot_04

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This fucking codex is gonna be the bane of my existence, but i did manage the sum of all zeroes trophy in COD:WAW

Yeah, I had flashbacks of 'Sum of All Zeroes' when attempting this. I don't think this took as long for me to get though?

-----

(For anyone else who didn't get it yet.) Try leading the shots into the planes by aiming a little bit ahead of them if they're moving sideways instead of coming straight at you. The cannon is slow as hell and seems to overheat quickly so you can't afford to miss shots. So if you were to aim a little bit ahead of the plane, it would actually fly right into the shot. (A trick I learned ages ago on BF3) The shot would end up behind the plane if you were to shoot right on target. I found that shitty sight on the cannon useful after many tries, but it's a little complicated to explain. If you guys didn't have it pop yet, restart checkpoint at the part where he yells "Come on! Come on!" or a little bit afterwards when a hint appears on screen for I believe that is the 30 second mark.

Edited by Death
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SirEricLPer said:

Changing the difficulty doesnt affect the difficulty of this challenge :)

Damn, worth a shot i guess. I was hoping that that lowering the difficulty meant that the explosions did more damage to the planes or that somehow they moved slower. Thanks my frustration awaits.

On 12/14/2016 at 0:44 PM, stitchesnscars said:

Damn, worth a shot i guess. I was hoping that that lowering the difficulty meant that the explosions did more damage to the planes or that somehow they moved slower. Thanks my frustration awaits.

I managed to do it by doing what BDRick said. Though I lowered my sensitivity to about 45.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I managed to do it by doing what BDRick said. Though I lowered my sensitivity to about 45.

I ended up getting it as well this video was the savior for me

The still shots of the planes really help you locate where you should be looking next so that you can set up the shots on time

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...