Help for Codex Entry : Airborne Cannons

s-e-l-u-j-999-1

If you playing this on patch 1.05 then you in for a few hours of gameplay. I was like an hour on it. I read a tip somewhere on the net that you can delete your patch 1.05 to make it easy. Do it on version 1.00 before any patches. I went back to the mission on got this CODEX on my third try. VERY VERY EASY. Somehow the patch 1.05 makes it very hard and planes take less damage. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Charl_yma6 said:

How does it make it different by reinstalling and having original patch? I've almost had enough with this codex. Literally the last thing I need to get for the plat

Trust me it makes a massive difference. Two hours I spent with the patch and when I deleted the patch I got it on my 3rd try. BELEIVE ME

• 3 months later...

First off - thanks to the video posters.

This took me about an hour to get.  I did move sensitivity to 10% but do not think it really made a substantive difference.

Here are the things that assisted me:

1) Listen for the Boom - Part of my issue was that I was not really certain when I took out the plane and could move to the next one.  There is an audible "boom" in the chaos that triggers you to move on which is vital when everything is moving so fast.

2) Prefer the Right on the first Wave and ignored the left - when you watch the videos you will see the first wave is actually 5 planes (3 in the middle, one left that Rogue-9 video focuses on and one on the right that the other videos focus on).  I could NOT get this with this one on the left for two reasons... it threw me too far left to come back to center for the last wave of 3 fighters AND it came later than the one on the right which didn't let my gun cool down enough for the next wave and bombers).  My advice... take out the center three and then line up for the one on the right.  And, ignore that one on the right.

3) Getting four on the first wave early is crucial to let you line up for the next three coming from center right.  I agree taking the center one out first on the last fighter wave.  I had a pattern of going center, left, and right so it was a straight-up for the bombers.

4) Lead the bombers and zoom (I did not Zoom in for any of the fighters as they were all too close but the bombers you need it).  Lead them a bit.  If you watch the videos you will see that the flak goes black on the bomber when you lead them.  I was constantly missing the bombers until I noticed this in the videos.

Hope that helps.  WHAT A PAIN!!  (But, there was an audible expletive when done... go get yours!)

Edited by excitablelump
Typo.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

got this on a run where i wasn't expecting to get it which tells me it is somewhat luck based.  don't get me wrong you need to master certain aspects of the challenge from a skill standpoint but once you do its still a crap shoot to weather the damage is going to register enough to down the bombers in time.  It took me about 15 to 20 trys and i felt i had other runs that were better than the on where the codex popped.  

• 4 months later...

FYI, I saw a tip posted above (and elsewhere) that if you have a physical copy of the game you can delete and then reinstall the game but do not download the latest patch. Apparently this codex was a lot easier at launch and got patched at some point to be harder, so by deleting and reinstalling the game without patching it you can play the mission using the 1.0 version of the game. Obviously you can only do this with a physical copy of the game since digital copies are pre-patched when you download them.

I did it that way yesterday and got the codex unlocked on my second attempt.

Once you get the codex you can download the patch so you can continue to play online.

Edited by Swotam

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This challenge is driving me insane, I'm on patch 1.20 and bombers take very little damage. I've watched a lot of videos and they go down in very few shots. Is there a way to play on version 1.00 if I have a digital copy?

Edited by new_world80

Quite unjustified, for same game same task, some players can achieve it easy on patch <= 1.00, while others struggle for hours, days due to change in game semantics - nerfing. Hope there was a regulation to control this, buggy things sorted in patch is fine but changing gameplay skill level that too associated with a trophy is wrong.

Should not blame the game creators solely, it is us who usually boast sometimes with our candid feedbacks - 'To be honest survival mode was really easy, you need to reduce the health recovery time', just some shady feedback on Far Cry Primal.

Similarly Uncharted 4 Survival was nerfed with patch and is now made hell to achieve the survival 3 star trophies.

In the era of digital, we now need to get a workaround of having a DISC copy to breath easy - what a shame!

Time to sue these folks, certainly do not have time to waste on things which were originally easier to obtain, would have been fine if it was the case from start but certainly not right to change the associated gameplay skill with a new patch.

If you have a disc version of the game deleting the game and reinstalling it without the patch is definetly the way to go, planes take more damage, there is less smoke and the whole damn cannon looks more like a rocket launcher instead of a machine gun. Got it on first try without the patch after trying for almost an hour and a half with the latest patch

• 3 weeks later...

Took about 3 hours but I got it legit on digital yesterday.

I had noticed that there are 4 planes at the start, not just 3 and about 75% of the time there is on just up and right of the starting 3 that is easier to hit and transition to the second wave than the plane on the upper left.

Had my sensitivity down on 8 to remove the twitchiness.

Edited by Ozmandius

On 3/26/2018 at 9:45 AM, Ozmandius said:

Took about 3 hours but I got it legit on digital yesterday.

I had noticed that there are 4 planes at the start, not just 3 and about 75% of the time there is on just up and right of the starting 3 that is easier to hit and transition to the second wave than the plane on the upper left.

Had my sensitivity down on 8 to remove the twitchiness.

Bravo Oz! Bravo! ... Such a pain in the ***! I can't do it... been trying... gonna give it a go this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

This codex entry is cancer on the digital version of the game...  

Kill markers do not show up and the bombers takes billion of shots to go down.

After hours upon hours of trying to get it I ended up renting a physical copy of the game, and played it without updating it and got it on my first try ! Seriously the planes  and bombers drop like flies. I am stunned of how easy it was compared to the updated version. 

I get that it might have been to easy and they buffed up the health of the planes in the update, but then they should at least have changed the codex entry to allow more time to counter the changes. 

For the people doing this on the digital version, you have my deepest respect for your skill and dedication, I salute you.

• Like 1

Just got this codex yesterday (digital version)  after 2 hours of trying and messing mainly with taking down bombers as they seem to take a load of damage... After nailing down first part with planes I always seemed to miss one or two bombers. Finally I figured out I had to shoot them half plane length in front of a bomber. In the end I got it when I least excpected to get it. What I wanted to say is practice and don't give up and you'll get it. 

Edited by DbkBohemian
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 2:08 PM, Malik said:

This codex entry is cancer on the digital version of the game...  

Kill markers do not show up and the bombers takes billion of shots to go down.

After hours upon hours of trying to get it I ended up renting a physical copy of the game, and played it without updating it and got it on my first try ! Seriously the planes  and bombers drop like flies. I am stunned of how easy it was compared to the updated version. 

I get that it might have been to easy and they buffed up the health of the planes in the update, but then they should at least have changed the codex entry to allow more time to counter the changes. 

For the people doing this on the digital version, you have my deepest respect for your skill and dedication, I salute you.

Completely agree, just rolled back to the 1.00 version after trying for hours and hours with the latest patch to get it, and boom 2nd try got it and popped the plat! It was ridiculously easy (not complaining like) but yeah total respect to anyone who does it with the digital version. Ridiculous challenge for an otherwise solid game.

• 3 weeks later...

So, thankfully I had the physical version of the game and let me tell you - rolling back to the first version of the game is the way to go, I got it on the first try... I truly believe that if you got the digital version you are pretty much fucked... Dice needs to fix this.. 

• 2 weeks later...

The latest patch (1.23) is supposed to fix this issue.

EDIT: Here is a link to the patch notes.

WEAPONS & VEHICLES

• Increased the damage of stationary AA guns in the single player War Stories, improving the chances for players to earn the “Airborne Cannons” codex entry.

Edited by RNumbers

I can confirm that the codex is doable now with the patch. Took me a couple of tries but the damage of the guns is much higher so the bomber go down with a couple of shots. Whoever struggled with this before should give it a try now.

Edited by lhardwood
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

anyone can help me here? I tried everything without getting it. now i'm downloading the version 1.0 to do it cuz some said that after patching got more harder. incase this didn't worked out also for me , anyone can join me over share play and I will bypass him the controller to do it for me? i'll send gift over paypal if he wants to 

• 1 month later...

360 GameTV - Battlefield 1 Airborne Cannons

this challenge plagued me let it go for 3 years. Tried a few times again yesterday and found video (link above) from 360 Game TV which was awesome and shows patterns of planes you need to hit. Did it in 10 minutes after developing the timing and placement. I recommend  anyone having issues with this challenge to check it out. 

• Like 2