Help for Codex Entry : Airborne Cannons

s-e-l-u-j-999-1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 6:58 PM, n1c0live said:

Got it on my first try playing on Hard difficulty on version 1.00. I just fired at the first 3 planes that come directly to you, some random planes that fly-by and the 3 bombers at the end. Easy

Do you have to do the whole campaign again/ codecs again if you revert back to 1.00, or can you just complete that one codec and pop the plat?

17 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Do you have to do the whole campaign again/ codecs again if you revert back to 1.00, or can you just complete that one codec and pop the plat?

There should be no need to redo the whole campaign - I'm pretty sure when I did it I reverted back to 1.00 when I couldn't get this challenge done, and then put the updates back on and carried on with the rest of the game ?? I think I did make a copy of my save though beforehand just in case anything went wrong. 

7 minutes ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

There should be no need to redo the whole campaign - I'm pretty sure when I did it I reverted back to 1.00 when I couldn't get this challenge done, and then put the updates back on and carried on with the rest of the game 1f44d-1f3fb.png I think I did make a copy of my save though beforehand just in case anything went wrong. 

Okay no worries. Thanks! I'll try again cause I realised after a good night's sleep it's probably easier on easy hahaha. So if i can't get it I'll have a crack at it on 1.00!

19 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Okay no worries. Thanks! I'll try again cause I realised after a good night's sleep it's probably easier on easy hahaha. So if i can't get it I'll have a crack at it on 1.00!

Good luck, hopefully all goes well then! I tried for about an hour and a half on the 

latest patch and just could not get it, even on easy difficulty. Reverted back to 1.00 and got it first go. Definitely the way to go if you just can't get it on the updated version! 

9 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Good luck, hopefully all goes well then! I tried for about an hour and a half on the 

latest patch and just could not get it, even on easy difficulty. Reverted back to 1.00 and got it first go. Definitely the way to go if you just can't get it on the updated version! 

Well after about 40/45 minutes of being reminded I'm a stand up kinda guy, I got the codec and my platinum in the latest version!

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Well after about 40/45 minutes of being reminded I'm a stand up kinda guy, I got the codec and my platinum in the latest version!

Haha, oh boy did that line drive me NUTS :shakefist: Congrats on getting it done the hard way - after deleting the patch and taking all of 5 minutes to get the Codex, I then had to wait a few hours for the patch to download again and I wondered if it had been worth deleting in the first place :lol:

• 2 months later...

Hi, for anyone who will try the game now, here to confirm that it's doable with the latest patch, tho imo for some reason when I did get the codex, the sky wasn't so dark with smoke like the other times I tried unsuccessfully, could be a glitch or something

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got it just right now!

It's hard but still doable with the current patch and without messing with the sensitivity.

For me the best video guide is the one from Rogue-9. After paying attention to the video it took me 2 tries, although I've tried this one much more times before. It's important to focus on the pattern. 4 in front, 3 on the right and then the 3 bombers.

Here's my go.

https://youtu.be/iyFd8_6VeN4

• Like 1

• 3 months later...