TristanBrown17's Trophy Checklist {In progress}

TristanBrown17

• 1 month later...

Here comes the backlog!

Just kidding... I don't have time to dig through all the games and write them out, and I really don't feel like pulling up the Playstation store to figure out which games I have purchased. Rather, I'll just tell y'all about my preferences when it comes to purchasing games and may write a few series that I have ready to go!

As you can probably see if you look through my list, I try to make sure I have a good mix of easy games, hard games, indie games, and AAA titles. I don't really have a preference either way, but I prefer the game to be of higher quality. My favorite series of all time is the Jak & Daxter trilogy, which I have for each platform (not completed yet at the time of writing this), indicated by my current profile picture and signature on this site! I also have a fondness for Assassin's Creed, Batman, Call of Duty, and golf games among others. A lot of the time, if you see an entry of a series you enjoy on my list, I have the other games in the series, and either haven't had the time to play it nor the desire. 

I used to buy a lot of games when they went on sale, but decided for my own sanity, the size of my backlog, and current situation as a graduate student that I don't need to purchase many games, especially with my limited time. Rather, I have a few games that are mainstays on my consoles, and have games that I slowly work on as projects. These games include Minecraft (with some Lofi music playing through the headphones), the occasional sports game, Call of Duty with my buddies, and whatever currently has my attention on the Nintendo Switch!

Edited by TristanBrown17

Currently Working On...

• My Singing Monsters (Vita)
    • It's gonna be a few months, it's an idle game.
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Vita)
    • Platinum #200, my favorite game of all time
  • Sly 2 (Vita)
    • Been sitting at 4% for too long
  • Some LEGO Game
    • Between Harry Potter 2 (Vita) and Indiana Jones 2 (PS3)
  • Doki-Doki Universe (Vita)
    • Why not? I did the PS4 version and saw this sitting in my library
  • Some PS4 game, haven't decided which yet.

On Hold...(with my excuse)

• Spoiler
    • FIFA 19 Ultimate Team
      • I'm so bad
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops III
      • Camos/Challenges in Campaign
    • Apex Legends
      • If you're interested, HMU
    • Grand Theft Auto V
      • CM sounds awful tbh
    • Far Cry 2
      • Don't have the time
    • Mercenary Kings
      • Haven't had it downloaded since 2014
    • The Last of Us Remastered
      • I'm sorry, I know it's good
    • Surgeon Simulator
      • Game is hard, don't need the frustration right now
    • Velocity 2X
      • Super fun, coming up soon?
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse
      • Dull gameplay
    • Hotline Miami
      • Fast-Paced, Not too good at it
    • Dust: An Elysian Tail
      • Forgot this was here...soon?
    • The Binding of Issac: Rebirth
      • So much to learn
    • Super Meat Boy
      • Looking forward to this challenge
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
      • Waiting to finish Arkham Origins
    • Injustice: Gods Among Us
      • Such a grind
    • Don't Starve
      • Need to learn how to play
    • Tropico 5
      • Should probably finish the Sims 3 first
    • Batman: Arkham Origins
      • Multiplayer is done at least
    • Trine 2: Complete Story
      • Another PS+ title
    • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
      • 1st person shooter collectathon grind, ew
    • Just Cause 3
      • No idea, this looks fun
    • God of War: Ascension
      • Other 3 GoWs incomplete
    • Sniper Elite V2
      • Tryna do SE3 multiplayer first
    • Battlefield 1
      • So much left to do, yikes
    • Dying Light
      • Zombies... O.o
    • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
      • Working through the LEGO series in order of release
    • Call of Duty: WWII
      • Working through CoD in order of release
    • The Sims 3
      • One day...maybe
    • Grand Theft Auto III
      • Keep thinking I'll do GTA V first...yup
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
      • Blackout sucks...but is now done. Just have to do zombies now :)
    • Kingdom Hearts II
      • It'll be my first playthrough!
    • Far Cry 5
      • Working through Far Cries in order
    • Crash Bandicoot
      • Gonna download this soon
    • Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
      • Finish Crash 1-3 first
    • Need for Speed (PS4)
      • Going to have to play this alone to hone in the skills
    • Car Mechanic Simulator
      • I miss this game, but grindy
    • Saints Row: The Third
      • This will be fun...soon
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
      • Don't even know, haven't played it since launch
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
      • The Dragonborn will rise soon
    • Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
      • Started it, haven't thought to go back to it...yet.

Unobtainables (Dang it)

• NBA 2K14 (Didn't finish MyTeam Collections)
  • Nothing else...yet
Edited by TristanBrown17

My Recommendations

• Pix the Cat
    • No joke, I understand this game has some really rare trophies and doesn't have a platinum, but hear me out. This game has an interesting take on arcade style games and plays as a true score attack game. Even with the difficulty of reaching the 2 million Main and 1.5 million Dessert trophies, I found myself vibing to the Fever Time music and having a good tie as I realized I was improving at the game. I didn't want to take the time to figure out the puzzles in the Lab, but I had a blast playing Nostalgia and trying to beat that damn goat who chomps the bonus flower!
  • MLB The Show 21
    • One of the greatest baseball games I have yet to play. Now playing online can be frustrating due to the cult-like following this game has and the dedication of your yearly sports fans, but the single player content even in Diamond Dynasty along with a relatively easy to understand control system and revamped Road to the Show give a lot of content! Even as someone who doesn't watch a lot of professional baseball, I found myself really caught up in the game and enjoyed most of the gameplay. 
  • Trackmania Turbo
    • A racing game built around time trials with a steep learning curve and tight times to beat provides for a super rewarding game when you finally reach those gold and Trackmaster times, particularly as you work your way into the last 25% of the levels available in the game. For those who like to see how quickly they can pick up a games mechanics and gradually work towards the every gold and the 50 Trackmasters, I would absolutely recommend this title.
  • Golf Club Wasteland
    • This little golf game was a blast to play. The subtle political jabs sprinkled in had me chuckling as I played, and I found myself enjoying the simplicity of the game mechanics, along with the general challenge that comes with a 2D golf game where you have to learn what your character's power looks like. Iron Mode kinda sucks, and after a few natural attempts, I used the "quit out" method and it still took some time. But overall, this experience was a lot of fun. 
  • Journey
    • This game was beautiful. The controls were smooth, the lighting was incredible, the soundtrack was soothing, and the game as a whole was so cool. Even all these years later, getting the 10 unique players trophy only took half an hour or so, and playing through with a buddy was a nice time. Definitely a recommendation for those who like story driven games or games similar to Flower
Edited by TristanBrown17

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2016 at 3:41 PM, TristanBrown17 said:

I am a 20 year old native Iowan who is currently attending the University of Iowa as a sophomore.

Gooooo Hawkeyes! My dad is also from Iowa and was a professor at the University. I love seeing people from my dad's home state earning trophies. Great list you have there. ^_^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had never seen one of these checklists pages before this one, and it's great as you get to see how the progression of playing games plays out much better than just looking at someones trophy list.

Looks like we share the same disease of purchasing too many games that we can't quite get to yet lol :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice overview of your large Trophy cabinet. Aside from a few easy Platinum Trophies almost everyone bought, I'm impressed of the amount of AAA games you completed. So many of them are still in my backlog. 

I think I don't even want to know. And yesterday another round of sales struck Europe. Just one day after the new PS+ IGC Update. And the pile keeps on growing... 

• Like 1