Need advice on the campaign

EternalChaos72

So i'm on hard mode atm and i'm not sure weather to go back and start the game on recruit to complete the challenges and the collectibles. What is the best course of action? I'm only on chapter 1 mission 3. Surely hard mode would make the challenges more difficult? What do you guys suggest? I want to get the campaign outta the way ASAP, as batltlefield usually has long missions which is a pain. 

I first completed the game on hard mode without looking at any challenges or collectibles. For me it was a lot more fun to just witness the story the first time and to only have to worry about staying alive. After that you can go through chapter select and mop up everything on easy difficulty, some challenges like stealth missions can be very difficult on hard. You can off course do everything in one playthrough but it would be a lot more frustrating.

Edited by TJvanderHeeft
  • Like 1

. You can off course do everything in one playthrough but it would be a lot more frustrating.

This is what i was worried about, i suppose i can continue on with Hard mode and just get the collectibles then play again on Recruit and clear all the challenges. I will try and knock a few of challenges out to save some time i guess. I basically answered my own question lol.

In Battlefield 4 I went through slowly on a lower difficulty to look for collectables (without a guide) and I ended up missing a heap anyway, then replayed it again on the same difficulty to clean up the rest so by the time I got to the Hard playthrough it felt like a bit of a chore, but I was well prepared. However, because I was dicking around looking for stuff I didn't really enjoy the story at its proper pacing and therefore probably didn't enjoy it much.

A friend of mine always plays through the campaign first on Hard and then goes back later on easy to get collectables or combat related trophies. I might do it that way this time as I can just focus on the story and enjoy the campaign how it was meant to be played.

Each to his own. If you've already started on Hard, just keep going I reckon.

• Like 1